• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Coming to Indy IN?

morsedog

If you are coming to Indy you are in luck. We have tons of great courses all over.
Brookside Park on the eastside, close to 21st and Olney is a longer course with great elevation changes and some nice tree-y holes. 18 holes

Washington Park is a few blocks north on 30th street and is a great wooded course with 18 holes.

On the northside we got Dylan Park in Carmel Noblesville area up on 146th and Cherrytree. It is recently new and beautiful. 18 holes with lots of trees and lakes. You throw over lakes on a few holes.

There is Sahm's Park by 96th and Allisonville. 9 tees 18 holes and heavily wooded.

Those are 4 of my favorites but there are a lot more around. We also have quite a few tournaments going on check out the Sport Events and see if you might run into a tournament while your here.

Hope this helps!

Ive played Brookside and Washington.

Liked them both but Washington was nicer in my humble opinion.

Mid to Northern Indiana is loaded with nice courses.

Courses worth Checking out:
France Park in Logansport, IN
Highland Park in Kokomo, IN
Brookside or Washington Parks in Indianapolis, IN
Shoaff or Swinney parks in Fort Wayne, IN
Camp Cullom in Frankfort, IN
Lemon Lake in Crown Point, IN

Peru, IN has a ton of nice courses: Honeybear Hollow, Pieradise, Maconaquah, and Mississinewa.

Btw Morsedog I bet Ive played with you in the Summer Series. Shoot me a PM i'd like to know who you are.

I played one in Indy; quite a few years ago now; which started with a K I believe. Doesn't appear to be listed here. Ring any bells with any Indy guys?

I've heard....

Tallpaul; do you remember what year? I ve heard there was a course at at K.O.A. Campground on the eastside (I-70 & post rd?) in the mid to late 80's?the owners of the campground sold the baskets to Indy parks. The club had to come up with half the money first and the parks dept. Would pay for half. The baskets are at Sahm park (9 holer). The other 9 went to Gustafin? Park, Indy's westside. (30th & Moller Rd.?) that course did not last long at all...Hope that helps bring back a memory or two!

France Park is a pretty awesome course despite it's shortcomings. In my head it's nothing better than a 2 1/2, in my heart it is a 4 1/2. ;)

If you are coming to Indy you are in luck. We have tons of great courses all over.
Brookside Park on the eastside, close to 21st and Olney is a longer course with great elevation changes and some nice tree-y holes. 18 holes

Washington Park is a few blocks north on 30th street and is a great wooded course with 18 holes.

On the northside we got Dylan Park in Carmel Noblesville area up on 146th and Cherrytree. It is recently new and beautiful. 18 holes with lots of trees and lakes. You throw over lakes on a few holes.

There is Sahm's Park by 96th and Allisonville. 9 tees 18 holes and heavily wooded.

Those are 4 of my favorites but there are a lot more around. We also have quite a few tournaments going on check out the Sport Events and see if you might run into a tournament while your here.

Hope this helps!

We play Brookside every year in the morning before the Indy 500 starts. Love the course, but is this the best one to play in the area?

Tallpaul; do you remember what year? I ve heard there was a course at at K.O.A. Campground on the eastside (I-70 & post rd?) in the mid to late 80's?the owners of the campground sold the baskets to Indy parks. The club had to come up with half the money first and the parks dept. Would pay for half. The baskets are at Sahm park (9 holer). The other 9 went to Gustafin? Park, Indy's westside. (30th & Moller Rd.?) that course did not last long at all...Hope that helps bring back a memory or two!

No, I believe Sahm was already in then; maybe not....(actually, I just looked up the date and it was 1994). It was close to one of the other parks; either Brookside or Washington...not sure. Dude played with me at which ever it was and then invited me to his apartment to share peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. He kind of had a spat with his girlfriend. Then, we went and played an 18 hole course. Wish I would have written it down at the time. Rare that I didn't. The peanut butter and jelly/girlfriend thing was kind of surreal. And Matthew, we will have to get together some time for a round.

Last edited:
Brookside was my favorite of the Indy courses, but I enjoyed playing the combo with Washington when I made the drive up there (I went to school in Bloomington), they complement each other well.

There should be a tourney at Brookside prior to the race...I believe it is league for the locals...could be two rounds...one starting at night and one in the morning before the race.

I hate the hole where the neighborhood is off to the left. Playing with some noob relatives and they almost took out somes gangsters ride, but the disc made a massive skip off the concrete. Pretty sweet, I have to admit.

Tallpaul, It would be my pleasure to play a round,or two, with ya! Sorry, It didn't work out this last spring. I was planning a road trip close to you. But, I've recently lost one of my jobs. So, Two in-State,one night road trips only! Let me know when you'll be instate.
Jukeshoe, so true about France Park. I believe it could be,with ALOT of work,one gem!

NateDiscFlip, The Checkered flag Open is a month later,going on it's 23rd year! (It's expanded to 24 holes) I think the T.D. is pretty busy with that one. I believe that just expanded to a two day tourney. Not alot of players deal with the T.D. Headaches. I T.D. my first tourney last super bowl Sunday. That won't happen again,Since the Colts lost. At Dr. James A Dillon in Noblesville. I believe the hole is #14. I've had a few skips off the road too.

Time for a free pizza?....maybe sometime next week. With the rib test going on this weekend.

Latest posts