• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course classification?

Billipo

Birdie Member
Does it make sense to have courses classified?

Something like Championship, Competitive, and Recreational level..

Point being - How can you rate a par 66 course with the same system as a short recreational course? Property owner or Course designer can declare the type of course right in the PDGA directory or as part of the description of the course.

1.) Players can then pursue courses by preferred type and 2.) courses can be objectively compared to their peers.

Standards/ ratings can vary - Rec. Courses judged more on ability to develop player fundamentals and Championship courses on the ability to make experienced players drool.

I think this is a great idea. However you do have courses that have as many as 3 or 4 tee pads that can create all 3 types of courses. We kind of do this in the "hole info", but I agree, it doesn't actually tell you if it is a pro, intermediate, or rec type course. Maybe if timg could at least list the tee pad colors as such at the top of the "hole info" and maybe on the "course info" page, he could then get it listed as a search-able function.

Granted, it is a subjective opinion on which is what and not all course designers come here and participate. . .yet. ;)

I like it as an option....similiar to the wooded and elevation options on the course descriptions. You could have 5 classes. Championship, Expert, Recreational, Beginner and Mixed.....I think this would benefit the site and members as you could search for what you want. There are times I'm interested in a rec course and times I want that full on champ level. It would be up to the users of the site to provide this info on the course info page just like the other info....to me this is a very important thing to consider.

I like it as an option....similiar to the wooded and elevation options on the course descriptions. You could have 5 classes. Championship, Expert, Recreational, Beginner and Mixed.....I think this would benefit the site and members as you could search for what you want. There are times I'm interested in a rec course and times I want that full on champ level. It would be up to the users of the site to provide this info on the course info page just like the other info....to me this is a very important thing to consider.

I think "mixed" is bad option, becasue it leaves too much up to guessing. It would be better to just have boxes so that each could be marked that the course has.

I think "mixed" is bad option, becasue it leaves too much up to guessing. It would be better to just have boxes so that each could be marked that the course has.

good idea...I doubt it will happen but it would be nice to be able to search exclusively for the level of course you wanna play.

good idea...I doubt it will happen but it would be nice to be able to search exclusively for the level of course you wanna play.

I agree. This thread should have been in the suggestions or help section.

I just think the courses have different purposes - all important. Knowing there are good and bad in all styles.

I can not imagine a single course that would be a 4.5 or 5 star for all levels of play.

Latest posts