• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course Conditions

There were times I updated the conditions without changing them at all, just because the update was over a week old... especially if it had rained or a storm had come through since the last update, and things had returned to the state the previous correspondent entered. If there's no need to change the verbiage, I didn't. My thought being to show the most recent date someone had actually confirmed the condition of the course. If I felt something should be changed, then I did.

i really like this. i think deleting old updates would be good. It would encourage more updates but also might leave some people surprised as there are some important notes in there.
^ this too - e.g. temporarily closed holes, missing baskets, etc.

Last edited:
For those worried about conditions being cleared after 2 months. As I said in the original post, only those above "Bad" would clear so if you mark it as "Unplayable" or "Bad" then they will remain until updated by someone else.

For those worried about conditions being cleared after 2 months. As I said in the original post, only those above "Bad" would clear so if you mark it as "Unplayable" or "Bad" then they will remain until updated by someone else.

for sure. but say a course currently has two baskets pulled, it isnt worthy if a 1 disc rating.

Somewhat related and not really worth creating a separate thread for but I've added a 4 day weather forecast below the close courses for all US courses.

^This... rocks! :thmbup: :clap: :)

click to link = great! Thanks Tim!

I know we can access this site from our smartphones but think how much easier/fun it would be to do it from an official DGCR app? Imagine how quickly we could update courses.

Maybe reconsider your stance on developing an app?

Somewhat related and not really worth creating a separate thread for but I've added a 4 day weather forecast below the close courses for all US courses.

Nice! One more reason not to leave the site as I can get my weather here now too!

I very much enjoy the new conditions. Nothing is more annoying than trying to decide whether to go to a course or not when I have no idea what shape it is in.

I still cannot update course conditions due to the 5/day limit... does it need to be 24 hours from the last update or what? Kinda crazy I still cannot update this AM but we will see in 2 hours if that makes a diff.

Love the weather info more every day.

Thanks!

I have practically moved in to my home course, and it is nice to keep folks appraised of how AWESOME thing are!

love the changes, but the beveled effect on the course conditions level looks out of place. Tabs that match all the other tabs might look better. Either way, huzzah for highlighting current conditions and local weather.

I really hope people take advantage of this feature. It's so nice to check out a few courses you're looking at playing after work or on the weekend and being able to see which one has the best user ratings for conditions.

Love the weather forecasting, too.

Excellent work. +1

Last edited:
not sure how accurate this is

I was looking up the routes to Lemon Lake for this saturday (3/30) and it says 60% chance of rain. Weather.com shows a barely 10% chance and a high of 58. maybe the website used to pull weather is a bad site?