• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

COVID-19 Course Closures

I'd suggest researching before traveling to any course.

But that's no guarantee, either, since things are closing so quickly around here.

I don't think it's a good idea to be travelling now, period. I suppose if your job requires it (e.g trucker), then OK. I can see you working a round in while you're in the area ...assuming you can find an open course.

But anyone who's taking a DG roadie now is nuts on a few different levels.

I don't think it's a good idea to be travelling now, period. I suppose if your job requires it (e.g trucker), then OK. I can see you working a round in while you're in the area ...assuming you can find an open course.

But anyone who's taking a DG roadie now is nuts on a few different levels.

I was thinking in terms of any travel; i.e., 20 miles out of town. Worth checking to see that there's an open course before you do.

I don't know that short daytrips are impeachable. Yes, they incur more gasoline stops over time, and a tiny risk of an accident and the resulting engagement of medical resources. But I feel that's pretty tame.

Seriously...

I wouldn't consider a course 15 minutes from Augusta/ North Augusta the middle of nowhere. Now, if he drove to Bamberg.

I was stationed in Columbia, SC... not Augusta, GA... so I made the drive from Columbia not across the rail road track in Augusta. If you see the courses I've played just within the state of South Carolina in the past week should tell you I don't just hang within city limits. I'm all over the country which now I'm in Asheville, NC today!

I was stationed in Columbia, SC... not Augusta, GA... so I made the drive from Columbia not across the rail road track in Augusta. If you see the courses I've played just within the state of South Carolina in the past week should tell you I don't just hang within city limits. I'm all over the country which now I'm in Asheville, NC today!
I think it's fairly safe to assume that most courses are closed at this point. The people who provide info on this site do it voluntarily so there's no guarantee that everything is up to date.

North Carolina is in a state wide stay-at home order. We would prefer if you obey the order when in our state.

I will admit I have been throwing. I have been playing solo every round at least though. Today my home course got pulled, while Milwaukee and Madison courses are already closed. Wisconsin is taking this **** seriously and I get it, but it is frustrating that people couldn't handle solo rounds.

If you don't mind me asking, which course are you talking about? We're trying to keep a running list of closed courses in our MKE area DG group FB page for people's reference.

The State of South Carolina just closed all boat ramps due to "observed behavior".

You'd think going out on a boat on a lake would be pretty good social distancing, huh? Like disc golf?

Then you realize that, of course, there are covidiots everywhere.

Doesn't make sense at all. I have a few buddies that are fishing every day now loving this time off work. Perfect social distincing activity. At this point, the government is going to see how hard they can flex and cuck all their citizens. The virus was here long before it was reported. You may have already had it and recovered. Did you test negative for strep and flu? Probably had COVID-19 since there was no test for that. The over-reaction is getting annoying.

I think it's fairly safe to assume that most courses are closed at this point. The people who provide info on this site do it voluntarily so there's no guarantee that everything is up to date.

What's wild is the local state park is not closed, and the disc golf course and trails have been jammed packed every since we have been encouraged to stay at home and social distance. No where to park. Families building campfires in hole 3's fairway. Very eye opening seeing all this activity. At this point if you are healthy and staying at home quarantining, you are wasting your time.

Doesn't make sense at all. I have a few buddies that are fishing every day now loving this time off work. Perfect social distincing activity. At this point, the government is going to see how hard they can flex and cuck all their citizens. The virus was here long before it was reported. You may have already had it and recovered. Did you test negative for strep and flu? Probably had COVID-19 since there was no test for that. The over-reaction is getting annoying.

It should be a perfect social distancing activity. But people manage to make it not---gathering together at the boat ramps and access points, jamming boats full of friends, tying together flotillas of boats out in the lake for a party.....

I have a friend who wanted to go kayaking, an even more perfect activity (one person per vessel), and the access points are closed.

The under-reaction is getting annoying.

So check out this review for Scouting Woods:

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=6848&mode=rev

Not a lot of detail on this one.

And what are the current Course Conditions? Good - with no details. :wall: :doh:

Looks like the MODs just deleted the review.
Basically it just said, "Just wanted to let everyone know this course is still open".

Under the Pros, Cons and Other Thoughts. :\

Thanks for cleaning this up MODs!! :thmbup:

More WI closures

Following courses are closed in Wisconsin to my knowledge - some are due to the COVID-19 madness, some had already been pulled due to every year spring thaw / rain / muddy conditions.

UW Parkside (all courses on campus)
Vollrath (Sheboygan)
Kiekhaefer (FDL)
Denoon (Muskego)
Valley View (New Berlin)
Spassland (Germantown)
Sussex Village Park
All 5 main MKE County Parks courses (Dretzka winter & summer/Brown Deer/Estabrook/Dineer/Root River)
Bird's Ruins (Marshall)
Yahara Hills (winter) Hiestand, Vallarta Ast, Capital Springs, Elver (Madison)
McDill Pond, Mead Park, Standing Rocks, Yulga, Big Eau Pleine (Stevens Point area)
Wilderness Campground (Montello)
Rowe Park (Onalaska)

This is no exhaustive list, and I would expect more to follow suit, unfortunately. Please follow state ordered social distancing requirements, and practice "better than you're used to" hygiene if you choose to play a course that's still open. I don't really care one way or the other if you follow the directives of the PDGA, but be smart, be courteous, and don't ruin things for everyone else if you do play. Please STRONGLY consider playing solo rounds only, or if you must, keep your group sizes small and keep your distances from each other.

More to add to the list since this last post, courtesy of Milwaukee Area Disc Golfers:
Silver, Gray & Red Fox (Silver Lake - uuggggghhhh these ones HURT)
Grand Geneva Resort (Lake Geneva - entire resort is closed)
Rock River (Watertown)
Lustig & Riverside Parks (Janesville)

Please don't be a dumb f*ck and play closed courses, y'all. I hate this as much as any other disc golfer, but let's not do stuff that'll get courses pulled for good. Lots of courses, to the best of my knowledge, still remain open, so please be smart, and keep the group sizes to an absolute minimum.

Also, f*ck whoever that a-hole is in Portland who destroyed a bunch of baskets.

photo.php

91320483_10217151510121945_466320842893033472_o.jpg

Posted in the Stump town disc golf group on FB. This is what same jag did to Pier Park in Portland

Wisecup just posted in the Ohio group on FB that So Cal courses are all closed because people wouldn't listen.

Handyman Ace Hardware and Stubbs Park in Dayton both had baskets pulled

South Carolina's governor just issued an order shutting down many things, including "sports with....shared equipment." Spartanburg is closing their courses tomorrow (some of the best in the state), and I'd expect much of the rest of the state to follow suit. (Gatherings of more than 3 people were already banned).

Here's where we are in Ohio. Something is changing in the coming days.

"In order to continue to offer quality opportunities for our community to Play, Discover, and Grow, Parks and Recreation staff are carefully examining each individual program for the appropriate response in accordance to the most recent information from Local and State Government officials."

This is from the Erie County, NY which is home to a. The Buffalo Bills and B. to four courses - which are now being pulled as per the press release:

The Erie County Department of Parks, Recreation and Forestry has announced that disc golf courses at Chestnut Ridge, Emery, Ellicott Creek, and Como Lake Parks will be closed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and due to concerns about safe social distancing while playing. New signage will be installed at each disc golf course advising of the closing and baskets will be removed from Chestnut Ridge, Emery, Ellicott Creek and Como Lake parks and stored until the courses are reopened.

"The crowds at disc golf courses in our parks have been increasing and it is difficult to maintain proper social distancing under these circumstances," said Commissioner of Parks, Recreation and Forestry Troy P. Schinzel. "In addition to the large numbers of people on the course, all the players are touching the same baskets as they play through. Keeping people safe is our first priority and that's why we will be closing the disc golf courses until further notice."