• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Definitely try a big Z Mantis. Comparable to a champ valk or TL. It starts off a sweet flyer and stable, then it slowly wears into the sweet spot understable but not too understable, then eventually it wears into very understable for backhand rollers and stuff. Perfect cycler for woods play for my arm highly useful in every stage. I use it as a beat in undertaker because my undertaker is still a ways from understable.

Try an undertaker it's like a teebird.

If you like an overstable firebird type disc try the mean green Nate Doss sports center forces. They're a board flat very mean overstable firebird type disc that certainly doesn't fly much farther than a firebird. Not a great disc unless you like to throw fast. That's my mean overstable disc atm for shots similar to but farther than my buzzzOS.

If you like slow very overstable discs try a buzzzOS. It's board flat incredibly comfortable and very overstable. I've been throwing mine for anything overstable shorter than that mean green force. It's my main forehand hyzer upshot disc and I'm so comfortable with it backhand and forehand I use it both as an overstable buzzz and as an overstable challenger.

So for me right now it's a few chall, a couple buzzzes, a buzzzOS, a couple mantis, an undertaker, a mean green force, and a couple nukes.

Last edited:
Curiously my bag has transformed to nearly all Discraft. Nuke, Flash(2), Force(2), Avenger, Buzzz, Wasp, Challenger, and Reef/APX. The only 2 non-Discraft discs in my bag are a Proxy and Jokeri. No fairway drivers currently...getting it done with Buzzz and Wasp.

Discraft ESP drivers...yum.

Snagged another ESP Flash over the weekend. One of the good, glidey pastel ones.

Nice! They're still out there but definitely getting scarce now. A friend just got a non-pastel, neon yellow ESP. Totally different look...almost flat, higher PLH, ESP plastic is harder. It doesn't have that magical flight of the good ones. Less glide and harder fade.

Quick old school stamp question, which one of these came first? I ask because I recieved 2 elite z wasps with these stamps. They both are getting fingerprinty and I want to use the older one first so when it eventually cracks i can still use the other one at least for a bit.

images

images

Quick old school stamp question, which one of these came first? I ask because I recieved 2 elite z wasps with these stamps. They both are getting fingerprinty and I want to use the older one first so when it eventually cracks i can still use the other one at least for a bit.

images

images

Bottom pic

hey anyone still throwing cyclones? I recently decided to put them back in my bag and noticed that the esp has been discontinued. :( I only have one and hate having discs in the bag that are hard to replace.

Currently feel like I'm using too many Discraft mids. I've got the Zone, Buzzz, Meteor & Comet in my bag. Meteor (Z-176g) is the most recent and after today's round I know it's staying. It's becoming a go-to FH disc for me. Especially where I need a big FH anhyzer. Is the ESP Meteor more Comet like or at least less stable than the Z?

Flies the same but breaks in quicker and has better grip. I appreciate the awesomeness of ESP and X in any disc but when it comes to buzzzes, meteors, and comets I can't help but prefer the suuuuuper slow cycle of Z. 4 different mids isn't too many. Nor is using a meteor and comet they have the same stability but a huge difference in speed. The comet will land much softer. It's just the dcgr OCD over-minimalist mentality getting to you. If simplifying actually shaves a stroke off great but don't let your disc insecurities detract from your performance. If a disc works for you then.

Currently feel like I'm using too many Discraft mids. I've got the Zone, Buzzz, Meteor & Comet in my bag. Meteor (Z-176g) is the most recent and after today's round I know it's staying. It's becoming a go-to FH disc for me. Especially where I need a big FH anhyzer. Is the ESP Meteor more Comet like or at least less stable than the Z?

Hey, it isn't your fault that DC makes so many winners. I happen to bag Meteor, Buzzz SS, Buzzz, Wasp, and Drone. One more than you, so don't feel bad. At all.

ESP is way less stable than Z. This applies to all DC molds.

Last edited:
a meteor and comet they have the same stability but a huge difference in speed. The comet will land much softer. It's just the dcgr OCD over-minimalist mentality getting to you. If simplifying actually shaves a stroke off great but don't let your disc insecurities detract from your performance. If a disc works for you then.

Yeah I feel like giving the Meteor a speed rating of 5.5 where the Comet is a solid 4.

So I just got a Ti Heat in today. For some reason, I thought that Ti was stiffer then this. This feels almost G-Star soft.

So I just got a Ti Heat in today. For some reason, I thought that Ti was stiffer then this. This feels almost G-Star soft.

I have three Ti discs: two Buzzzes and one Avenger SS. They're all firm, like a cross between Star and Gold Line plastics.

Someone above suggested you got a Ti FLX instead, and that may well be the case. My Ti FLX Challenger is softer than GStar. The disc should have on it if it's a Ti or Ti FLX...

Latest posts