• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Craigslist + $50 = Instep basket for me!

lko102

Par Member
Picking it up tomorrow! Does anyone who has one have a link to the chain mod instructions?

1) Buy 7 21" links of chain 2/0
2) ziptie or s hook them to the inner ring.
3) create a ring to attach them to at the bottom.
4) Putt with confidence.

Yeah, I'm actually thinking of putting it in the garage at work, so I can putt for 30-45 minutes every day on my lunch break.

Love mine to death! It took hubby about a 1/2 hr to do the mods....he was almost done when I got home from work. Ours is really colorful too, cuz he used alternating yellow and green plastic chains on the inside. It doesn't have that same loud, satisfying, "ching" sound, but it makes it much easier for me to carry it around, and I think the neighbors are much happier :p:.

I have used a dryer hose clamp for the bottom ring on all of my baskets. Just cut the 2 ends off and your good. Its like 45cents at the depot

FYI - I came across this thread while looking for something else.

I'm in the process of building my own basket and came across an oustanding find today.

Ace Hardware has the absolute *perfect* thing for the ring on these baskets.

They call it a "welded ring". They have them in all sizes including a 2 1/2" version which works perfectly for a standard galvanized pole. They also had them smaller which would work for some of the prefab units which use a smaller diameter pole.

It's like the thing was freaking made for a disc golf chain ring. It was the one thing I thought would be impossible to come up with but this is a jewel.

It cost me exactly $1.00 :)

gso025.jpg

Latest posts