• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Crappiest Thing to Ever Happen to You on the Course?

The worst I've had is rushing my fiance to the hospital after being stung multiple times by Bees. Hearing her cough as her throat started to swell was one thing I'll never want to hear again. Now she carries an epipen and we feel safer.

This thread is depressing. Some of you have legitimate gripes about what has happened on the links, but others could have easily avoided their troubles if they had a clue about basic human interaction.

I wouldn't really call this crappy just kind of like a wtf moment. When I first started playing disc golf I was practicing throwing in a field and I hyzered one real bad Close to the road and this little boy and his mom were walking by. The little boy picks it up and I'm like hey that's mine in a friendly manner. The mom yells at the kid to put it down because that is that man's Disc and The little boy then shouts I don't give no f**k and throws my disc.

I've had a friend get robbed before on the course. Guy came up and told him to give him his bag.

Seen cars with their windows smashed out.

And the crappiest is the numerous people that have died on the course.

Doesn't sound like any of that happened to you :p

and were you talking about Ted?

I wouldn't really call this crappy just kind of like a wtf moment. When I first started playing disc golf I was practicing throwing in a field and I hyzered one real bad Close to the road and this little boy and his mom were walking by. The little boy picks it up and I'm like hey that's mine in a friendly manner. The mom yells at the kid to put it down because that is that man's Disc and The little boy then shouts I don't give no f**k and then sells it on the marketplace.

ftfy

Didn't happen to me, but three friends of mine and I were playing the course in Hibbing, MN in the Summer of 2012. Putted out on a hole in the middle of our round, then started walking (a bit of a hike) to the next tee. About half-way there, one of my friends says "Oh wait...I left my disc on the last hole. I'll be right back." So he heads back to the basket to get his disc, only to find that it's gone. In the span of about a minute, someone had ran off with his disc.

And IIRC, the kid that stole his disc had it posted for sale a couple months later. A custom dye that my friend had created himself...so there was only one of them in the world. Kinda hard to claim it WASN'T my friends disc. :thmbdown:

Other than that, I've been pretty lucky. 99.9% positive/cool interactions on the course.

Last edited:
I was playing with my little brother and some of our friends and there was one guy who was a super noob and decided putting with a destroyer was a great idea so he chucks a 20 or 30 foot putt right as my brother leans into the basket to get his putter out the disc hit him right above the eye but below the eyebrow and we all kinda chuckled and were like r u ok and he said ya. so I pick up my bag and we all walk away and my little brother says "hey tyler I think im bleeding" I look back his entire face is covered with blood and he has his hand up and blood is going down his arm. I handed him my disc golf towel and said hold that on it and apply pressure then we walk/ran to the parking lot and we were nearly the furthest away we could be and got him to a doctor and he got stitches while we went back and played again.
the next worse was hitting an ace on my favorite hole at my home course while playing solo and having no one else to celebrate with

Bringing a chucker along for a round with my regular golfing buddies and getting smacked in the face by his putter. Chuckers in general have no common courtesy or manners while playing disc golf. They tend to just throw without waiting for other golfers to clear the fairway. Never again.

Chuckers in general have no common courtesy or manners while playing disc golf. They tend to just throw without waiting for other golfers to clear the fairway.

Don't you hate it when you're at a crowded course and the time comes when you have to either play through or wait behind a group of 6 or 8 or 12 people carrying one or two Discs in one hand and a 40 in another? Or worse yet, skip a hole? (I'm too Rain Man like to do that, gotta play them all sequentially)...

It's almost comical, though, when they've all thrown and maybe are nice enough to invite you to play through. So you do, and they WALK WITH YOU AND KEEP THROWING as you try to hurry up and finish the hole and get some separation from them.

First time I played Circle C in Austin it was the middle of the day and over 100 degrees. I didn't take enough water, not to mention I'm very over weight. I got to number 15 and ran out of gas, got real light headed and sick to my stomach. :gross: Fearing I was close to heat stroke my friend went to get his car and drove it out onto the course to pick me up!

I got stuck playing in a group with an ex coke and meth head. Now I don't know if most of you have seen what drugs do long term to people, but they turn bi-polar, and for the most part are condescending aholes, that for some reason think that because they hit rock bottom and now have the capability to show you how to live your life the right way. Lol. Totally ruined my rounds. Don't do drugs, or you could become really annoying to the rest of society.

In a literally way one of my buddies had a "crappy" round. Playing a local course we were on the back nine and he started getting the bubble guts. There was a bathroom at hole 7 so he ran back only to find out it was locked. Ended up running into the woods and getting native. Luckily he had his disc towel with him so he didn't have to spare a sock.