• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Craziest course ever!!!!

Levi615

I haven't been playing disc golf long but I'm already wondering what are the craziest courses out there you know of? You know the kind you walk up to and it looks like its been hit with a bucket of LSD mixed with a bit just pure craziness chains hanging from everywhere maybe a group of garden gnomes hippie art, crazy tunnels , underground holes, burn barrels ect.

this should be called most gimmicky course ever...

anyway for the most extreme course out there, check out diamond x.

The Hippodrome (N. Augusta, SC) is controversial for being somewhat miniature golf-ish. I did love the basket buried in the ground, though, much like a ball golf hole. Couldn't help myself...Stood 150' out and started throwing a bunch of forehand rollers at it...my trusty 2001-era Champ Stingray curved right into it. Thrilling!

The Hippodrome (N. Augusta, SC) is controversial for being somewhat miniature golf-ish. I did love the basket buried in the ground, though, much like a ball golf hole. Couldn't help myself...Stood 150' out and started throwing a bunch of forehand rollers at it...my trusty 2001-era Champ Stingray curved right into it. Thrilling!

"Old Glory" is the name of that particular course, and I agree that it is somewhat "gimmicky".
It is alot of fun to play, but is somewhat deceiving. If you don't hit the lines right, your score will suffer.

You also have Rollin Ridge in Reedsville, WI, but that may not be as quirky as you would like. It still upholds the integrity of the game though.

Brackett's Bluff has so many "crazy" features but not all directly affecting play (bridge trolls, mid fairway trampoline, super high rock baskets, etc.). It is very memorable for all the amenities and little things.

Treehouz near Branson, MO is pretty crazy. It's an old ball golf course turned into disc golf. You find yourself staring down a ball golf fairway, with the rough OB. They've kept random little OB "sand traps" in spots on the course. And the basket on a putting green kinda weirds me out.

Crystal City Underground. It is underground.

It's actually marketed as a putt-putt course but the Tiki course at the Blockhouse is a blast. Especially at night when it's all lit up. The Blockhouses other two courses have some unusual decorations through-out as well.

The Blue Angel "Palmetto" course in Pensacola. While playing the course, lots of crazy art, a shower[to cool off in], a shack to boil crabs, giant Dutch bell to announce stray annys, a beer cart on summer weekends.

Old school course called the Ant Farm, created by Hall of Famer, John David, now gone in Meriwether County, GA, had things hanging in the trees like a trombone and giant frying pan with a target painted on the bottom that was in the perfect position to get struck if your big turnover didn't turn enough. Players around the course couldn't help laughing when they heard the loud doink when it was hit.

Bucksnort in CO has some funky holes -- Wooden basket buried deep inside a rock crevice/cave, hanging basket, putting through windows at a basket inside an old shack, several holes playing around and over a gigantic exposed boulder the size of the Death Star, and baskets perched on rock outcrops making for some ridiculous death putts.

What was the course that Scott Papa did? Every hole had a theme. That place was trippy.

Old school course called the Ant Farm, created by Hall of Famer, John David, now gone in Meriwether County, GA, had things hanging in the trees like a trombone and giant frying pan with a target painted on the bottom that was in the perfect position to get struck if your big turnover didn't turn enough. Players around the course couldn't help laughing when they heard the loud doink when it was hit.

I have heard of that course.
Never played it (was long gone by the time I started playing), but some of the guys I play with have.

Gimmicky is definitely the way to describe this course. Every putt seemed to be at an elevated basket. It is extremely frustrating to put a shot within 10 feet of the basket and then have to putt at a basket that is 8 feet off the ground. Don't get me wrong, Old Glory is an entertaining course to play, but I don't think that it deserves to be the so-called "championship course" for the NCDGC's (Collegiate Nationals). Headrick Hills is easily the best and most challenging course out there.

I'm going to go with Diamond X, not the greatest golf, but extreme describes it well, I highly recommend the experience to anyone looking for adventure golf.