• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Crazy things seen on the course...

tboese

Par Member
So emiller, myself, and another friend of ours were up at Conifer for the first time last Friday. Eric's about to tee off on hole 10, but cannot because you can see hole 8's tee down the hill. There were two people going at it on the bench. It took a while for us to stop the laughing and compose ourselves enough to throw. Needless to say, the next 4-5 holes turned into awful disc golf sex puns.

I mentioned it because Eric had said he saw a thread about crazy things you've seen on the disc golf course and some people had mentioned seeing homeless people going at it on the course, and at the time he had thought no way. Soooo since then, what crazy things have you guys seen on the course?

Aw man, this was a hilarious thread....now all the good stuff is gone...

On topic: I've seen baby foxes playing and two bucks fighting on my home course.

we had a momma black bear and two cubs walk through a hole during a tournament a year or so ago...

One year at Russ Burns' private course, there was a stampede of cattle that almost ran over 3 cards worth players. Luckily I was in high school and in shape so I could get out of the way

dgdave said:
One year at Russ Burns' private course, there was a stampede of cattle that almost ran over 3 cards worth players. Luckily I was in high school and in shape so I could get out of the way

you know...i think i remember Russ tellin' me that!

God, that was in like 99 or 00. One guy who always acted like he was a bad ass was screaming like a little bitch. It was hilarious.

At Belmont, seeing squirrels get absolutely owned by our local Red Tail Hawk is an everyday occurrence. Seen it take a swoop at a couple of small dogs too. Luckily he hasn't gotten any yet. Ran into all kinds of cracked out people out there throughout the years too. There was a guy passed out in the middle of the fairway on 9 last week, I asked if he was ok and he told me he was going to knock me out. I just told him that was gonna be kinda hard to do from down there and walked off laughing. Seen lots of fights at Belmont too though, sadly almost of them I've seen have been because of people getting hit by discs without warning from the thrower. Saw one dude almost get hit and an all out brawl broke out between the 2 groups.

Walhalla, SC (AP) - Police say a man with a chainsaw who chased two college students playing disc golf in South Carolina has been charged with first-degree assault.

roachjerrylee.jpg

There's a lean-too on my home course right at the end of the fairway on a pretty short hole. Playing one morning my friend threw his disc right in there and tried his best to sneak around the bum sleeping in it, he failed and we got a good laugh at their combined screams of surprise.

One time my disc landed next to a sleeping bum and when i tried to sneak up to throw he woke up and threatened to stab me :evil: ......and then preceded to go right back to sleep, really thought about stomping him but continued on with my round in stead :oops:

When I first started playing I tried to throw a spike hyzer over a barn out at a course called Horizon's Park on hole 14 or something. The disc got caught in the aluminum paneling of the barn roof. It stayed there for almost a 1/2 year I think... There are hundred's of dents in the barn roof now from people who tried to get it out.

Just recently, when playing Buckhorn, on hole 17 I threw a shot down the fairway laying up to throw over the pond for my next shot. When me and my friend Phil (rockytigr) walked up to the disc, there was about a 4.5' snake resting its head on my disc. I threw some pine cones at it for a while and it wouldn't move. Eventually I kicked enough dirt and stuff at it to get it to move; after retrieving my disc I decided I was done with that hole.

Trey133 said:
When I first started playing I tried to throw a spike hyzer over a barn out at a course called Horizon's Park on hole 14 or something. The disc got caught in the aluminum paneling of the barn roof. It stayed there for almost a 1/2 year I think... There are hundred's of dents in the barn roof now from people who tried to get it out.

Just recently, when playing Buckhorn, on hole 17 I threw a shot down the fairway laying up to throw over the pond for my next shot. When me and my friend Phil (rockytigr) walked up to the disc, there was about a 4.5' snake resting its head on my disc. I threw some pine cones at it for a while and it wouldn't move. Eventually I kicked enough dirt and stuff at it to get it to move; after retrieving my disc I decided I was done with that hole.

haha, played there Sunday and there was a water moccasin hanging out on the steps of 15.

A lot of birds like to hang out on/around the baskets on holes 10/11 at the Texas State Campus Course. One dude in my group throw a forehand that hit a bird sitting on the ground. The bird flew up to a tree after getting hit, sat on a branch, and about 5 seconds later fell down like a rock. The disc had blood and bird guts all over it, and the bird looked like it had basically been decapitated(head was barely still attached to the body).

I have also seen a lot of discs land in truck beds, never to be seen again(txstate course is next to a major road in town). Seen one disc take a side mirror off a moving car. one disc took off some guys antenna. a lot of the one disc students will end up taking aim at cars if they are having a bad round.

I am sure anyone that has played Pease Park in Austin has had an encounter with the bums under the bridges. I had one that was watching me play. He walked to the basket, pretended it was ball golf and acted like he picked up the flag so I could make my putt. He insisted I throw, so I did, and drained a 200ft'er for the deuce. He went crazy and starting say shit I couldn't understand. Never saw him again, probably never will.

Saw a kid accidentally kill a squirrel with his drive during league one night. Squirrel was up in a tree, about 150 feet off the tee pad. Kid throws his drive and smacks the thing right out of the tree.

Wow, freaky. It's kind of funny how animals get involved with disc. I've seen a few squirrels hit, but none killed, neither birds... nasty.

I had my brother bounce one off the windshield of a car once (no damage, just skipped off while the car was driving up the road). They pulled over like they were going to do something about it, until the realized how big my brother actually was... then they drove off.

Latest posts