• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Creepy courses to visit?

Here's a funny article from some kooky site with info on the "haunting" of Hummel Park. I like how the guy writing it says "For some reason, just as we pull up, it started to rain". Oh, I don't know, maybe because it rains sometimes?

Hampton Park in Charleston before sunrise. Several soldiers died on the property during the Civil War so spirits may be seen on the property. Also around # 9 and # 10 at Tom Triplett Park early morning. Sherman and his troops camped there before the attack on Savannah evidentally and it is spooky before sunrise.

Cut/paste from the CDGC forums:

"Alright, this is going to seem crazy but I'm hoping somebody will comment. My friend was playing RL Smith alone and claims to have "felt an evil spirit"...Seriously. So much so that he walked nearly 3 miles home instead of cutting .25 mile through the woods home.

So, to entertain this investigation, I thought I'd ask if anybody has every seen, felt, heard something weird, spirit-like, or ghostly at RL Smith. Please honest answers only...I know I'm setting up a thread for humorous responses but I want to hear of only real stories."

Well, needless to say, there were quite a few, er, "comments." One theory was sewer gas induced halucinations. (if you've played it, think 4 or 7 fairway.)

I will say that RL Smith was a Charlotte cop killed in the line...

I recently took a trip down to Scottsdale to play a couple courses and ended up playing Marana Rock solo at dusk. Started to get a "Hills have eyes" vibe when the sun fell behind the hills and quite literally gave myself goosebumps. Too good a course to pack up and leave though, you better believe I finished that 18.

Nice example.

Both times I've played Kress Creek Farms in West Chicago I've gotten the heebie jeebies a little bit... It's at the end of a road, so there's hardly any neighborhood traffic. There's a barn right as you pull in, an abandoned trailer next to one fo the fairways, and last time we were there, my buddy and I came across some burnt automibile parts. Also, there always seems to be exactly two cars in the parking lot... could be disc goflers, but it also could be serial killers.

Wtf :|, Is this person joking or what? Part of a review of this course by booradly:

Other Thoughts: -i play this course at least 2 times a week and although i am getting use to it i still find it to be decently challenging
-one of my good friends threw a disc into the woods off of 10 he told us to keep playing we are not sure if he found his disc but
the police found his body three days later

Wtf :|, Is this person joking or what? Part of a review of this course by booradly:

Other Thoughts: -i play this course at least 2 times a week and although i am getting use to it i still find it to be decently challenging
-one of my good friends threw a disc into the woods off of 10 he told us to keep playing we are not sure if he found his disc but
the police found his body three days later

A Google search of "kress creek farms death" leads me to believe that booradly was joking?!?!? I hope?!?!

I once played a course on the way from Santa Cruz to Monterrey. It was an empty army base called Fort Ord. The only thing there was some ground squirrels with no tails. I kept expecting zombies to come out of the abandoned barracks mumbling "brains. brains. brains"

Any course with the potential to see snakes, scorpions, or giant hairy spiders would totally creep me out.

Crystal City Underground is a good one because some parts of the cave are really dark! It is super fun though!

5f9cf698.jpg

bd6c36df.jpg

f78a68fe.jpg

95f12772.jpg

f928a2d2.jpg

The old course at CSUMB is rather creepy. The abandond barracks buildings with all the broken windows and stay out signs gives it that horror flick feel.

NSRA is rural Washington state. Washington is creepy in general, NSRA is kinda in the middle of nowhere, was really deserted when I played it, and has some abandoned buildings nearby with the whole complex being on some kind of old institutuion.

Any time there's random cars in the woods, signs of people sleeping throughout the course, used condoms, etc. I get creeped out.

Redan and Perkerson come to mind.

Perkerson also has old stone/brick fireplaces which are kinda cool/creepy with a "ruins" feel to it like Winget.

Redan comes to mind simply because of where it is located.....High crime area.

Perkerson is pretty cool though! I have played there at dusk and I wouldn't call it creepy just feels like Im walking through some Gone With The Wind type scene walking along that old granite sided creek.

NSRA is rural Washington state. Washington is creepy in general, NSRA is kinda in the middle of nowhere, was really deserted when I played it, and has some abandoned buildings nearby with the whole complex being on some kind of old institutuion.

I love NSRA, especially with the new layout, and concrete tee pads going in tomorrow! The Northern State Recreation Area (NSRA) sits on the farm portion of the former Northern State Hospital, one of the leading mental institutions in the state until about 1970. The course winds it's way through the large farm portion of the grounds. The first few holes will take you past the Creamery, where cheese and butter where made, but it is hole 10 that puts you closest to the slaughter house. Hole 18 tees off from just below the barn, but many people will throw from the elevated barn area. It's a fun place to explore even if you are not DGing!

Not sure it qualifies as "creepy" as much as it does just "dangerous", but you always have a decent chance of getting shanked if you go play Gateway Park in Fort Worth!

Shanked might be the right word but I think you used it in the wrong context. We had a guy pull over in his van and ask us if we would like to join him.

Another time on hole 12(by the circle drive) we walked up on some homosexual felacio. Needless to say, I try and find other places to spend my time.

Shanked might be the right word but I think you used it in the wrong context. We had a guy pull over in his van and ask us if we would like to join him.

Another time on hole 12(by the circle drive) we walked up on some homosexual felacio. Needless to say, I try and find other places to spend my time.

Also a common problem at Gateway - you may very well catch the gay while playing there.