• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Creepy courses to visit?

Also a common problem at Gateway - you may very well catch the gay while playing there.

To each their own, but it doesn't mean I want to walk up on it in a public park. Just like I'm sure homosexuals don't want to walk up on two straight people doing things in a park.

Next time I play that course I'm going to tell my buddies,"From prior experience, I'm pretty sure your supposed to throw your "crank" on this hole".

Shanked might be the right word but I think you used it in the wrong context. We had a guy pull over in his van and ask us if we would like to join him.

Another time on hole 12(by the circle drive) we walked up on some homosexual felacio. Needless to say, I try and find other places to spend my time.

I always wondered what people meant by "weirdos hang out at Gateway"...until I played there. Something about a scruffy looking white dude in an old beat up Plymouth having a rendezvous with an affluent looking black male in a Mercedes in the back of a park is a little sketchy to me. Thats just an example of the "weird behavior" that I've personally witnessed.

Crystal City Underground is a good one because some parts of the cave are really dark! It is super fun though!

5f9cf698.jpg

bd6c36df.jpg

f78a68fe.jpg

95f12772.jpg

f928a2d2.jpg

Great example. Romero's Day of the Dead comes to mind. Did you see Bub the zombie down there?

Hummel hills in Omaha, there are groups of homeless albinos that live in those creepy woods! (not the scene of Boro's witnessed murder, that course is in the middle town)

Any course with homeless albinos gets my vote. And here there are groups of them. How many homeless albinos are there anyway?

Any course where poisonous snakes, bears, or mountain lions are seen on a regular basis might gimme the creeps.

So, can anyone give me a list of these courses? I don't do snakes. Like at all.

So I need a list of courses that have almost zero snakes (at least none that could kill me or are of any substantial size!).

That would be just about all the courses in the SE US...
Noted. No disc golf in the SE US.

So, can anyone give me a list of these courses? I don't do snakes. Like at all.

So I need a list of courses that have almost zero snakes (at least none that could kill me or are of any substantial size!).

You might as well avoid large parts of the whole western half of the nation as well then... Rattlers are abundant.

I don't do snakes. Like at all.

I guarantee that almost any course in brushy woodsy, away from it all type of setting has snakes in it. They may not be poisonous, and they may stay very well hidden, and well away from human traffic, but they're present.

Although many northern states have quite small poisonous snake populations, I don't think there are any states which have no poisonous species.

I have yet to see a poisonous snake while playing a round of disc golf.

I've seen snakes on courses in at least 15 different states, hard to avoid them in natural out of the way areas like many disc golf courses occupy. I don't know enough about snakes to always know which are poisonous, but I know I've seen poisonous rattlers in CA, AZ and NM and what I was told were poisonous water snakes in OK, GA and SC.

I thought I might get mugged the morning of New Years Day . .. but I think everyone around the park was still sleeping!!!! It was a moist, dewy, and rainy morning . . . and I played alone quickly . . . otherwise I would say I did not feel 100% safe!

I felt safe when I played the cave course but there were times on the South course . . . where I was unsure where I was since I didn't hear anyone else. Scary no . . . freaky maybe . . .
Most people played the other course and shied away from the South course because of the water carries and difficulty . . . but I wasn't going into a cave without playing every hole provided.

Boondocks Farms in Knightstown, IN is on land that doubles as a haunted trail around Halloween. As such, there are hiding huts? everywhere as well as coffins. There are also a bunch of wooden sculptures lining the driveway and parking lot. Decent shorter course that would be a creepy blast to play a glow round.

Paw Paw

Not so much any more since they have widened the roads but the first time I went to Paw Paw (Woodshed, Whippin' Post) was early in the morning and after driving the twisty back roads, I came to the property where nobody seemed to be home. All along the road were "Keep Out! No Trespassing!" signs by the neighbors. I went up toward the house to pay but nobody was home. So I went around Woodshed by myself and didn't see anyone else. Then I played Whippin' Post which starts after the small bamboo forest and winds through deeper woods. As I got to the basket for #13, I saw there were a lot of seemingly abandoned cars out behind the property. And I immediately thought of "Wrong Turn" and wondered if my car would still be there when I finished. Of course, nothing happened but I never did see anyone at the course that day (I was there about 4 hours). I have been back several times since and met the owners and played with other dudes so the initial impression was completely wrong but it did give me a turn that first time. And they have improved the roads in so it doesn't seem as remote as it used to seem.

I donno, nature does NOT bother me much unless there happens to be a large carnivorous critter cruising around that can out run me which is...all of them. Anyways, where I get creeped out are the dudes sitting in the cars in the parking lot and you can't see anything below their eyes and they just freaking stare at you. PEOPLE creep me out way more than nature. Rum Village in South Bend, IN is a perfect example of this...***SHUDDER*** Do NOT back your car into a parking spot because apparently that is a great way to get some unwanted attention.

Anyone mention Anson Nixon Park in Kennet Square, PA? One hole plays through an old pet and horse cemetery, with crumbling headstones slowly sinking into the course, definitely a little creepy...

necro time

As stated several times before, CSUMB on the former Fort Ord Army Base is pretty creepy. Cypress is not as bad as it used to be because they demolished a bunch of barracks and opened it up quite a bit, but there doesnt seem to be anyone around despite it being on a college campus. the same could be said of the Oaks course as well, but add in a bunch of rusty fences, crumbling structures and pavement, 2 dry Lake beds, 2 abandoned baseball fields and an abandoned track field where I keep running into coyotes and you have a horror story waiting to happen. Plus the poison oak is pretty scary on the Oaks course.

Latest posts