• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critique my new tee signs

greg_b_4

Birdie Member
I just finished the tee sings I am making for the course I built. This is the final 10 holes. Just used scrap cedar, free hand drawing, router, and paint. Still need to polyurethane. Can't decide if they look good or if they look cheesy. Help me decide if I should hang them.

Attachments

• new signs.jpg
    new signs.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 390
Thanks guys, one second I look at them and like them and the next they look like they could be my 6 yr olds school artwork

I think they look good. However, I'm not quite sure where the baskets are located. I assume the arrows indicate the path to the next tee (see 10). Also, hopefully they are pretty close to scale. That helps a lot when you are new to the course.

baskets are there, the yellow dot didnt show up great in the pic but perfectly visible in person. They arent exactly to scale, hole 12 for instance I was never happy with, longest hole on the course and not to scale at all.

Look good. They don't need to be super fancy. Seem like they will certainly help with navigation to the next tee.

I'm on my phone, so that may have something to do with it, but the only yellow dot I can see is #17 in the bush/tree. Maybe a black circle around them would help? Other than that they look great.

Better than most. The layout of the sign is good. Neat, clear, informative. However, the overhead view of the hole leaves something to be desired. Nothing on that sign leads my eye down a fairway to a green w/ a basket.

You can't have everything on your sign, and you've got the essentials on there (providing that the yellow dot for the basket shows up in real life). They definitely won't look cheesy when out on the course. Once the poly is on, they'll be great.

My biggest suggestion is installing them in a place on the course where they will be safe. I would try to put them in a spot where falling limbs will not damage them. Also, I wouldn't place them on a pole at an angle like the tee signs at 1:40 in this video. Birds enjoy relieving themselves on signs like this. I'd hate for you to put so much work into them and have some nice ol' bird poop get on them.

They look really good, not at all like something a 6 yr. old would paint. I would definitely add a black circle around the basket though, to make it more obvious, even if it's visible in real life. I wouldn't worry about not being to scale, you have the par, teepads and distances, and where the teepads and basket are, as well as arrows to the next hole. Nicely done!

Look pretty nice, but i would also add to maybe make a black outline around the yellow dots just to make sure people know where they are. Sometimes you have to make it VERY obvious for some people, especially newcomers.

Looks good, although I would echo the others and outline the yellow dots. I hope those signs stay in great shape for a long time.

Those are some great signs! They are very detailed and helpful. Signs like that will really add character to the course.

Thank you all for your comments. I would do the black circle around the yellow dot but they already have a coat of poly on them. The main thing with these is although with the routering and all they took about 3 hours per sign, if they are messed up or destroyed I can easily replace with another. The space beside the footage is for future alt pin placement footage if anyone wondered about that. I'll post more pics after they are hung. Which isn't exactly how I wanted. I explained to the park I wanted tall posts so I could put pegs through the 4X4 for bag hangers but they cut off my posts to shorter than 3 ft and cemented. Not sure why but at least it will be hard to vandalize a sign barely off the ground.

Latest posts