• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

a deer came sprinting down the fairway at me and my girlfriend today then just darted into the woods about 10 feet away..

must've been pissed i was throwing it's cousin, a gazelle.

I took a friend of mine to play for the first time, and the course is usually covered with Banana Spiders ( spiders as big as your hand) . His disc landed about ten feet from a huge web with a spider in it, and he had no choice but to put his next throw right through the web. After the threw, he said "I bet that would be like a flying saucer coming though your living room." It gave me a laugh.

The Z is also unusually covered with these Orb Spiders. They are quite awesome. We fed grasshoppers to a few... pretty neat site to see. I'm uploading the video to YT right now. Will post it maybe after the audio swap.

i almost walked face first into an orb spider and it's web.. nearly crapped myself when i looked up and saw it looking right at me.

Big Eau Pleine in Mosinee WI. We came across these two on a couple different holes. One pic shows 2 deer, one disc. The other pic shows one deer, 2 discs.

Attachments

• DSCN7340.jpg
    DSCN7340.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCN7341.jpg
    DSCN7341.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 61
Big Eau Pleine in Mosinee WI. We came across these two on a couple different holes. One pic shows 2 deer, one disc. The other pic shows one deer, 2 discs.

BEP is filthy with deer, Ive been there twice and have seen more than 10 deer each time, last time was about 2 weeks ago and i saw no fewer than 5 different sets of twin fawns. they just hang out in the grassy fairways and you have to throw over them. That place could be a little dangerous during the rut when the bucks get all sex crazy

1.1250961108.ruffled-grouse.jpg

Marmot.jpg

saw some of these today at http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4052

Champ and I were at River Grove Park, and we were on hole #7 and we had a Doe and Fawn run right across the fairway about 150ft in front of us.

Other than what has already been mentioned I have seen a skunk and Peacocks

While building Nevin in Charlotte I ran across 30-40 Box Turtles. Part of me wishes I had signed them to see if I saw the same turtle more than once. I saved 2 from 2' deep holes left by rotted out trees. Those I totally should have signed.

I saw a red fox out there a bunch, loving the new hunting trails I was making and rabbit houses from piled up brush. Early, usually around 7:30.

They are actually solitary wasps, not ants.

Nice Arik! The ones you see are all female. I think there are about 200 different species in the North and South Americas. The males actually fly and look totally different than the females. My dad collects velvet ants, its one of his side collections. He is really interested in 6-7 other families of insects. He has about 400,000 insects in his collection at home; Meloids, Tiger beetles, Ripiphorids, Cerambycids, Clerids, Buprestids (my favorite), and certain types of flower attracted Scarabs.

Nice Arik! The ones you see are all female. I think there are about 200 different species in the North and South Americas. The males actually fly and look totally different than the females. My dad collects velvet ants, its one of his side collections. He is really interested in 6-7 other families of insects. He has about 400,000 insects in his collection at home; Meloids, Tiger beetles, Ripiphorids, Cerambycids, Clerids, Buprestids (my favorite), and certain types of flower attracted Scarabs.

Yeah.... not to mention dont try to pick one up. They'll give you a helluva sting.

While building Nevin in Charlotte I ran across 30-40 Box Turtles. Part of me wishes I had signed them to see if I saw the same turtle more than once. I saved 2 from 2' deep holes left by rotted out trees. Those I totally should have signed.

Remember guys, when you ace a turtle don't sign it. :p

Latest posts