• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

Caught, photo'd, and released unharmed at the Mighty Z.
I'm thinking Yellow Racer. Working on having that confirmed.

0826101145-1.jpg

thats awesome! how long was it?

Almost 5 ft.

I seen her, and had a few folks "surround" the area. After a minute, she went up in a 6' high bush. That's all I needed... grab the tail, and try to weave it out. Gently of course. She tried to nip during the capturing, but once handled for a few, she calmed down quite a bit.

I was walking over a small wooden bridge in Gordon Holton in Delaware Ohio when a HUGE skunk came running out. It didn't spray but it had to be 4 ft long broad shoulders but not all that tall, scared the hell out of me. I told the Ranger about it and he said that skunk populations are out of control east of the Mississippi River and no one can figure out why. Thought that was interesting

Playing Tom Brown Park in Tallahassee the other day, on B, we see a huge rooster down by the basket. Strange because we're in the middle of Tallahassee, but there he was, big as can be. I tried to get a photo, but my iPhone sucks. One of the group "inadvertently" threw on it, came close, and the rooster came back and started pecking the disc.

...strange..

I saw a mole yesterday at orchard. It's usually just their mounds, but this guy was digging a hole near pin #8 and would pop his head out from time to time.

no camera

so kind of a long story but kinda funny. we were playing a tone course outside of town, myself and a few other folk. Up the hill we spotted a good size black bear watching us. not that unusual around here, nevertheless still cool. i could hear the cub in between us and mom somewhere in the brush hissing so we played thru and didnt think about it. we heard re ports from a forest service friend that the bear was still in the area a couple days later. so a couple days after that just my girlfriend and i are playing the same course. right as we are talking about the bear we hear some guys up top at hole 1 slamming doors as they showed up for a round. as soon as we hear them something big starts tearing down the steep embankment in front of us. all i could see was a few flashes of black as this thing cam full speed straight at us, not one to enjoy maulings i was out front on the VERGE of waving my arms and yalling at this thing when this dudes f*in big BLACK lab comes busting out of the brush 100 feet in front of us. ran right up to us, said hello then took off back up the hill stupid dog had me wettin in my johnnies

Was hunting in some nasty brush for past lost discs and came upon on what I thought was a dead Mockingbird. Something made me nudge him with my foot and to my surprise it was still alive. He had one foot totally tangled up in some brush and wasn't going anywhere. Spent a good few minutes getting that foot untangled and discovered the he also had an injured wing. When I got him free, he did manage to fly off, but I hope I just didn't prolong his demise with that injured wing. It would be interesting to know how he got into that predictament in the first place. Did he hurt his wing, then get tangled? Or did he get tangled and then hurt his wing trying to free himself?

While cutting cross-country on foot to sneak into Bull Run Regional Park my friend and i saw a Chupacabra. It stared back for several seconds before disappearing into some heavy brush.

Pheasant

I was playing Branstrom in Fremont Michigan last Friday. While walking to one of the tees i happened to scare up a pheasant. it certainly surprised me as much as i had surprised it. didn't see any other creatures other then maybe a squirrel.

Latest posts