• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

I actually hit a deer the other day at a local course. I threw a shot and it cleared the water and into the woods a little, and hit a deer in the side :S

Saw a baby skunk earlier in the season. Thing was so small it would fit inside a coffee mug! It was right under a hanging tonal; no one wanted to putt until it got out of the way ;)

Barely missed this little guy at Central SC.

media

That would look good in the cool dg pic thread! Nice one!

I was playing Morton with my brother and our friend Eric, and we spotted a baby raccoon just behind the tee on hole three. the little guy ended up following us down the fairway, then to hole four, then down and up through hole five, hung out while we took ten minutes to find a disc, then on to hole six...

he was no more than ten feet from us all the way through hole thirteen, when he hooked on with another group that wanted to pet him.

later that day, we played McNaughton, and Eric got bit by a snake in the marsh by hole 18

I was playing Morton with my brother and our friend Eric, and we spotted a baby raccoon just behind the tee on hole three. the little guy ended up following us down the fairway, then to hole four, then down and up through hole five, hung out while we took ten minutes to find a disc, then on to hole six...

he was no more than ten feet from us all the way through hole thirteen, when he hooked on with another group that wanted to pet him.

later that day, we played McNaughton, and Eric got bit by a snake in the marsh by hole 18

I would have been distracted by the cute factor and actually would have brought him home with me :D

We ran into this copperhead today. His head got hidden behind the tree and it's not the best picture but it is definitely one of the bigger copperheads I've run into.

58368_10100441333675868_634473321_n.jpg

I've run into Baby rattle snakes (but no adults,odd), Striped Racers, King snakes, Gopher snakes, Blue Bellied Lizards, Alligator lizards, Baby and adult jack rabbits, stoners, Deer, Turkeys, and the occasional disc golfer.

Well, there was a family of deer in the fairway at Meeman Shelby Forest East, the guys I was playing with and I agreed that if you hit one, two strokes off your round.

We have an elevated hole here, and when I stepped up to the teepad, suddenly, something quite big was moving about 30 feet in front of me. I got scared first, since I wasn't ready for it. Turnes out to be a deer, that ran away immediately.
Also come across some squirrels and vipers.

My buddy and I found a gigantic snapping turtle after a flood a few years ago. The thing was just sitting on the left side of the fairway and could easily have removed a hand had it got it's jaws around one.

Spotting at a tournament in Sedalia, MO today - saw six (count them) deer come by, checking out the sweet plastic no doubt ...

Last weekend while at the Blockhouse, one of their dogs (cricket) was following around our card. We get to hole 5 on sunnyside and Cricket just starts digging. He digs maybe about a hole 1 foot deep and then sticks his head in the hole. He pulls out a live gopher and proceeds (before we could do anything) to "finish" what he started. It was pretty cool because I have never witnessed a dog pull anything up like that before.

Last weekend while at the Blockhouse, one of their dogs (cricket) was following around our card. We get to hole 5 on sunnyside and Cricket just starts digging. He digs maybe about a hole 1 foot deep and then sticks his head in the hole. He pulls out a live gopher and proceeds (before we could do anything) to "finish" what he started. It was pretty cool because I have never witnessed a dog pull anything up like that before.

Damn. Critter doesn't F around.

Latest posts