• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dangerous Course

Sounds like the baskets weren't in the ground yet and they're going to try to adjust the design to make things safer. I think their hearts are in the right place, which is to make something for the public to enjoy. They just had a bit of a PR problem on the FB page.

It has become a meme.

Attachments

• 70933956_2303504743080161_7056854897685168128_o.jpg
    70933956_2303504743080161_7056854897685168128_o.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 138
Sounds like the baskets weren't in the ground yet and they're going to try to adjust the design to make things safer. I think their hearts are in the right place, which is to make something for the public to enjoy. They just had a bit of a PR problem on the FB page.

I appreciate that they are taking all the negative feedback and making adjustments but...how clueless do you have to be to think that is even remotely ok in the first place?

Just make intentional interference legal and minus one from your score if you guys style catch a drive off the tee. Problem solved.

So, Casey 1988 once got hit in the head with a Discraft Avenger at some time in the past...
sorry this will be a rant as to how poor the Kane and K ___ Konferederat Klassisc was run one year.
Yes I got hit at the 2006 Kane and ____ Konferederat Klassic or more known as Quad K that is now a new name. Some idiots with discs, high school chuckers had entered into the Amateur Novice division. Well groups at the tournament were letting this group cut in front of them, and my group would not thanks to one guy A guy who was in his 60's playing in what is now Masters 40. Well on a hole with a down tree near the basket I got a disc under the down tree in just the right way I decided to play both on top and get as best I could under the tree almost getting stuck, thanks to the guy in his 60's having to play his way as well as the way the rest of the group thought I should play. That and the fact we had the guy in his 60's abuse the free and clear of distractions including using others putting as a distraction that and me constantly looking for a clear XL with that years Quad K mustard yellow and tan color stamp until I lost it on one hole having to re-tee we had a slow group. Then we had after I had done the second shot from the top of the down tree the guy hit me as I was on the tree, I heard just before they did it a I bet you can't hit that 13 year old, I was 17 at the time. It is just I am just that small even now at 5 foot 2 in and 107-110 pounds. Then later in the second round the group was caught cheating by throwing not where the tee pad ends but where the dirt/gravel ended and grass began on the holes. I did when they hit me go back to them and yell so loud at them I almost got disqualified by director but they deserved it, they were playing like it was a casual round, not using mini or previous disc to mark lie, then the smoker was inhaling on his filtered Lucky's and then blowing the smoke in the players faces as they went past after asking to cut , then cheating on the tee by running past them as they were tired in round 2. The group left after that except for the guy who owned the discs they were playing with he kept trying to finish even though he was disqualified with the whole group, he even turned in his scorecard though it never was sent in. Only a guy who had to be in a single person group as then one group would have to have 6 people in it, was totally separate finished the tournament in the Amateur Novice Division. Good news but the players were ban from the tournament for life and soon after the bad news was, a few years later the Kane and K__ Konfederate Klaasic tournament had changed names and weekends it was on so they were probably no longer ban. Also changed names due to the other guy leaving to a more white German area as he hated even native american people, one of the three founders of the Black Hills Disc Golf Confederacy. Black Hills Disc Golf Confederacy only Disc Golf club I know that uses the Confederate Flag in part of the club logo with flag sort of being on the disc the gold miner is panning with.

Last edited:
...and its on udisc. Currently sitting at 4 stars! That cant last long.

The layout shown doesnt seem to have been adjusted at all. Its still a muddled, unsafe mess.

Last edited:
Valkyrie Kid will be reviewing it soon as he lives just up the road from there. I also saw a recent post on the FB page advertising their next tournament. I didn't hear anything about how things went with their first tournament there a few weeks ago, so I assume it went ok.

To be honest, I doubt there will be much more than a group or 2 at a time out there for casual play, so the design weaknesses may not really be an issue in the end.

Ya, its during the advertised tournaments with groups on most teepads that would have to be seen to give a good assessment.

This showed up in a Udisc Ambassador post on facebook recently. I wish there was a way local designers could be contacted to fix these kind of courses.

252177303_4904765592866905_752667931444704173_n.jpg

Last edited:
No worries. He "eccpets " no liability.

He's covered. Don't say otherwise "defimation "

This showed up in a Udisc Ambassador post on facebook recently. I wish there was a way local designers could be contacted to fix these kind of courses.

18 holes on a 2.4 acre city park...this cannot be "fixed". Granted there are only 4 baskets, but this is nuts! :doh:

http love poems

its likely so low volume that it doesnt even matter

you could have 18 teepads and one basket and it wouldnt even be a safety concern

I can't seem to find him anywhere on Udisc. Looks like my type of course.
I think the bigger issue is that this isn't an undeveloped park; this is a photo of the tee for hole eight:

picture.php

You throw directly at a playground. Low use or no, this is unacceptable design. Not just unacceptable disc golf course design, but unacceptable public park design. Regardless of all other factors, this simply should not exist on public land.

I think the bigger issue is that this isn't an undeveloped park; this is a photo of the tee for hole eight:

picture.php

You throw directly at a playground. Low use or no, this is unacceptable design. Not just unacceptable disc golf course design, but unacceptable public park design. Regardless of all other factors, this simply should not exist on public land.

personally i would throw around it