• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

Disc Golf Values has had the entire line up with air force stamps. They have been designated fundraisers it seems. "This design is being offered to tournaments so if you are running an event, give Innova a call."

This is in no way kept for the team. You'll commonly see a 3 inch set of wings on their discs.

This is in no way kept for the team. You'll commonly see a 3 inch set of wings on their discs.
Ahhh. So its only the 'tiny wings' that are sort of - reserved - for the team players.

Granted it seems that most of the pro players just end up stamping all sorts of random crap on their discs once they get unleashed with the hot stamper.

Need some destoyer help boys.

I unfortunately do not have access to any stores to compare discs. How can I find a decent star destroyer? I don't want anything too overstable and I don't like how quickly Gstar seasons.

Got to find someone that is in the know that is looking to sell...good luck. :(

I unfortunately do not have access to any stores to compare discs. How can I find a decent star destroyer? I don't want anything too overstable and I don't like how quickly Gstar seasons.

Buy used here in the marketplace. Trust that the seller knows what they're talking about. Thats about the best you can do

First post on here in a while, ive been searching for the longest time to find a destroyer in that beautiful sweet spot. Today, i was able to find one. Avery stamped, two color stamp, 173 marked. The thing flies with a little turn and it goes almost perfectly straight on a hard rip for about 415', then starts to fade. I prefer throwing this speed 12 as opposed to the speed 14 world and i seem to only lose a little distance. Man, i love destroyers again.

call into Marshall's Street and ask for a dome-y one. explain exactly what you think you want they'll find it for you then buy two or three of them. Since you're almost at the free shipping mark buy another disc to get free shipping :p

They also have to Bottom Stamped Destroyers which also sometimes emulate old school/coveted Destroyer characteristics.

the pd2 top ones are all good, maybe too overstable though? if you get one of those used they are great!

I bag a super flat-topped super flippy Pro, a flippable but still stable champ, pop-top patent # echo* that S curves like no other, and a super overstable pop-top AJ destroyer.

What I'm trying to say is... While a lot of people think you have to have a certain destroyer for it to be good. I own all kinds, a small stack of the pop-top patent#s, small stack of Pro, small stack of Glow Champ Patent#, small stack of pre-release g-star.. They all work, you just gotta figure out what it does and use it for it's strength.

the pd2 top ones are all good, maybe too overstable though? if you get one of those used they are great!

I bag a super flat-topped super flippy Pro, a flippable but still stable champ, pop-top patent # echo* that S curves like no other, and a super overstable pop-top AJ destroyer.

What I'm trying to say is... While a lot of people think you have to have a certain destroyer for it to be good. I own all kinds, a small stack of the pop-top patent#s, small stack of Pro, small stack of Glow Champ Patent#, small stack of pre-release g-star.. They all work, you just gotta figure out what it does and use it for it's strength.

^ yup. I have a new 169 echo star (the kind with the robot stamp) thats a glorified champ tern/star wraith in stability it's easily hyzerflipped/turned over, a 168g PD2 topped new Avery stamp (over stable but light enough for me to get a good rip on it), and a weird vulcan topped 175 thats pearly and just ridiculously over stable that I'll only break out on heavy headwinds or when I need to torque monkey a sidearm drive.

when the local innova sponsored pro gets his team issued destroyers (he just ordered 5 for the Memorial) you can see he gets the hand picked stuff, that dome-y old school kind. A lot of the time I guess they might have old school early runs in their vaults because they often have the old school SDS attributes: pearly, patten #/ domey/ect. Hell even his recent team issued wraiths all are patten #, domey over stable/pearly were in that delivery too.

Yo ... Doc ... I don't think those team issued baby blue wraiths have patent numbers on them, but I could be wrong ..

I'd love to test out one of those vulcan topped *DS the next time we're at the country club though ...

(have you figured out who this is yet?)

Yo ... Doc ... I don't think those team issued baby blue wraiths have patent numbers on them, but I could be wrong ..

I'd love to test out one of those vulcan topped *DS the next time we're at the country club though ...

(have you figured out who this is yet?)

lol it's the red ones [wraiths] bobby c got from innova with the patten #s not the baby blue ones.

yup see u later at the secret course. You can throw my Vulcan topped brick destroyer just don't lose it in the snow pretty please?

Deal brother!!! ... And if you're referring to the F2 wraiths, that was my doing ... they were posted to DGU a few weeks ago, and I snatched up a bunch ... should have kept them for myself, but decided to spread the love

Sooo question... according to DGC, the Destroyer is good for head winds and the wraith is good for tail winds. They both have the same flight char numbers so why is one good for head wind and the other for tail?

Sooo question... according to DGC, the Destroyer is good for head winds and the wraith is good for tail winds. They both have the same flight char numbers so why is one good for head wind and the other for tail?

Yeah I'm a little interested in the general stability of the Wraith also since the only # difference from a Destroyer is the speed rating. I had my first and only Wraith throw today and it shocked me...it was a champ Wraith and I threw it 375-400' on a line drive and it turned right pretty hard and kept going right the whole flight. There is no way a star or even G-star Destroyer are anywhere that understable. Did I throw a weird one or do they need some hyzer flipping?

I have owned both a star and a champ Wraith a couple years ago and my experience is that they were no where nearly as OS as most star/champ Destroyers. I could get quite good distance out of Wraiths given enough space, but they required hyzer flipping and lots of lateral movement/height to get there. I think some of the older Wraiths that people talk about (pearly, PFN, etc.) may be a different story (I wouldn't know since I've never owned one), but my experience with the runs I tried a couple years ago is that they are similar to maybe the current E* Destroyers and fairly flippy.

Latest posts