• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

I recently got a max weight Luster Destroyer with funny money from cashing in the last tournament I played in. I gotta say it is SUPER beefy. I wasn't expecting it to be anywhere near as beefy as it is. It won't make my bag but it looks & feels great. Anyone try out any Shimmer Destroyers yet? I was wondering if they're beefy like the Lusters are.

I found one today that was marbled with the air force stamp and Mcpro aviar stamp . 175 sds. No contact info

Considering McBeth has been in Virginia this week it's a good possibility it's his. Send him a picture on facebook and I imagine he'll let you know either way.

uploadfromtaptalk1468179176003.jpg
I found these beauties yesterday at a local shop. Pink one was brand new.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Depends. The avery sds are sought after, and some runs with patent # are a nice blend of plastic and fly similar to the *D

Hmmm, I've never thrown a *D but my understanding is that they are mostly a bit less stable than average with lots of glide whereas all the SDS Destroyers I've thrown were very overstable.

The indicator of real value would be whether it has patent numbers on the back. I think non-patent numbers AJ's are still worth above stock prices, but they haven't been OOP long enough to be worth a ton (at least not the ones with the 3-line signature as pictured). However, Destroyers with patent numbers (no matter the stamp) can be worth quite a bit because that means they are older stock that was just stamped with the 3-line AJ stamp.

The indicator of real value would be whether it has patent numbers on the back
Even that is debatable with Destroyers. The only real way to know is to see the wing profile and know what YOU like.

Its possible to find every flavor of Destroyer from *D's to the current McBeth's. Just gotta poke around. ;)

Even that is debatable with Destroyers. The only real way to know is to see the wing profile and know what YOU like.

Its possible to find every flavor of Destroyer from *D's to the current McBeth's. Just gotta poke around. ;)

No, it's not debatable. I wasn't talking about how well the disc flies for you. I was talking about value as in $$$. He asked if the disc was "worth something" which I took to mean worth money. A 3-line AJ Destroyer is going to sell for a heck of a lot more money if it has patent numbers than if it doesn't.

Last edited:
How are the lighter weight McBeth's flying? Are they still super beef?

Looking for a Destroyer with some glide, but to still have a reliable finish around 400'.

Yeah, plenty of *d were megabeef.

This is what I've found with both PM *D that I have.. Both are almost useless to me. I can only get them out to about 275. I can get, Leopard, Diamond, Mystere, Tern, Escape all over 325 feet +, all way further than my mega beef destroyers. I need to find a patent or AJ to see what the Destroyer is really about. Mine have near zero glide. They are more like throwing aerodynamic rocks. lol

Latest posts