• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

This thread is for people that like Destroyers, most of which will think any cool D is worth big money.
You may not get a real world value in here.
I don't think a 6/10 ☆D is gonna make you rich, have you thought about just throwing its buttery, flippy goodness ?

Weird Question:
Are the new orange Paulies really more OS?

Background to question:
I've noticed people saying the orange Paul McBeth Stars are more OS and somehow coveted (lol)

Well the only Pauly McDestroyer in my bag currently happens to be an orange one I picked up at Dick's sports while I was outta town without my discs and needed something to throw. It earned a spot in my bag as the forehand superbeef destroyer

Its beefy and still not broken in after 4 months. I assumed they are all like this though.

I had an orange one that was really beefy, tried to break it in but didn't have the patience. The plastic was really hard as well, not as in stiff but hard for lack of better words. Had a blue swirly one and one white that broke in faster.

Weird Question:
Are the new orange Paulies really more OS?

Background to question:
I've noticed people saying the orange Paul McBeth Stars are more OS and somehow coveted (lol)

Well the only Pauly McDestroyer in my bag currently happens to be an orange one I picked up at Dick's sports while I was outta town without my discs and needed something to throw. It earned a spot in my bag as the forehand superbeef destroyer

Its beefy and still not broken in after 4 months. I assumed they are all like this though.

Post a profile picture. I've thrown 3 different "new" runs of McDestroys ranging from straight/stable to very overstable.

yeah there were the regular g-star like AJ Run's that were printed with McBeth stamps, then there are the the newer batches that are stiffer and very OS.

the weirdest runs for me were the initial release of super light McBeth destroyers. I had a 158g and 159g (both orange) McBeth Star destroyers that were MEGA BEEF. No joke they were more OS than champ PD2 and had people with legit 500ft power backhand and 400ft power sidearm that couldn't tame those things.

it was weird saying to myself: Damn I can't handle these 158g star destroyers, I have to go back my 175g bottom stamps!

yeah there were the regular g-star like AJ Run's that were printed with McBeth stamps, then there are the the newer batches that are stiffer and very OS.

the weirdest runs for me were the initial release of super light McBeth destroyers. I had a 158g and 159g (both orange) McBeth Star destroyers that were MEGA BEEF. No joke they were more OS than champ PD2 and had people with legit 500ft power backhand and 400ft power sidearm that couldn't tame those things.

it was weird saying to myself: Damn I can't handle these 158g star destroyers, I have to go back my 175g bottom stamps!

Lol, I've got 2 of those orange 158/159 megabeef monsters! I spent a week through one of them full steam pointblank into a large stump like 30 times / day. Now it goes like 10 feet further than it used to! :) Seriously, I should try wrecking it again for a while and see if I can beat it into submission. Or maybe I should just buy some more GStar Destroyers; at least those tend to be usable for my ~400 foot arm.

Maybe you Destroyer masters can help.
I just bought a new 4x D online. When you look at the disc where the rim meets to top it, there is a noticeable visual and physical bump (like a vulcan) that goes all the way around. I know Destroyers are known to be finicky molds, but my question is should I return it or have some of you had one like this and had a good experience with it?

I just bought a new 4x D online. When you look at the disc where the rim meets to top it, there is a noticeable visual and physical bump (like a vulcan) that goes all the way around. I know Destroyers are known to be finicky molds, but my question is should I return it or have some of you had one like this and had a good experience with it?
Go throw it and see for yourself?

It just might be your favorite of all time.

I've got an F2 I bought a long time ago that was like that. It flew fine; not as overstable as the current 4x run for sure (which isn't a bad thing). I'm not sure if yours is 4x stamped from an older run like mine or if it just came out of the mold funny. You'll find out if you throw it because the newer run is super beefy and the run I'm talking about wasn't.

Decided to step up from my wraith, saw this for a good price. A pink 168g destroyer just posting to make sure it's not a destructulan.

Attachments

• IMG_20161008_162657.jpg
    IMG_20161008_162657.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20161008_162710.jpg
    IMG_20161008_162710.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20161008_162722.jpg
    IMG_20161008_162722.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 85
Did pros ever suffer from that?

It's a flight number pro destroyer. It should be pretty cheap. I've had some awesome pro destroyers but sometimes they season way too quick.

I haven't seen any pro destrulcans, but I guess they COULD exist. Anyway that doesn't look like one to me. Destrulcans have very flat tops and you can see very sharply where the rim meets the top sort of like a Vulcan or archon. Those pics look like a nice, even dome to me.

the factory store had f2 prodestrulcans. i purchased 5, suuper soft, flat/to sunken flight plate with that classic vulcan/teedevil angled wing...they are all in the ponds of trojan park now. thank goodness. that was over a year ago though.

the factory store had f2 prodestrulcans. i purchased 5, suuper soft, flat/to sunken flight plate with that classic vulcan/teedevil angled wing...they are all in the ponds of trojan park now. thank goodness. that was over a year ago though.

Trojan park? Haha so what you're saying is they're all now glow discs. ;)

Got out today and threw my new pink destroyer, pics above. I was so suprised, the thing was domey with pop top. But damn was it overstable. Hopefully since it's pro plastic I'll beat it in nicely.

Also what is plh.

PLH = parting line height. It's that little line around the edge of the wing where the mold pieces meet. Basically it's just a surrogate for how high the wing is. If you sit 2 discs of the same mold side-by-side on a flat surface, you can usually see whether the parting line is higher on one than the other. Generally whichever one has a higher parting line (and thus a higher wing) will be mover overstable.