• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

From Dynamic Discs Lewisville's Facebook page:

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Unfortunately Lake park Lewisville looks like it did 5 months ago. Hole 3 is under water, hole 4's tee is under water, hole 17's fairway and tee is underwater, hole 2's pin is under water, and hole 7's fairway is almost nonexistent.

The GOOD NEWS is that we are still here and open for all of your Disc Golf needs! We will continue to service all of you regardless of construction, flooding, and rainy days!

Grapevine Lake is up to 14 feet over flood stage today. I heard on the radio that the Corps of Engineers will be closing the parks for about 2 months. I think it was KRLD 1080.

Yup, Floodgate 2015 continues. Went to Harry Myers today to pick up a few discs from a buddy, and it wasn't too bad. Seems like it's been draining pretty good this year with all the water that its been getting.

Been 4 days without any new rainfall, what DFW courses will have drained enough to try playing this weekend?

Weather looks good, may be a little chilly early. I know Harry Myers drains pretty well but I'm looking for something around the mid-cities, maybe even one of the TCC courses.

Bear Creek will likely be a mess, if the creek is down Turner might be OK, and Fritz depends on if the water table has allowed anything to drain from the low spots around that course. Trophy Club and Lake Lewisville are out (again) and I've never thrown Veterans or Z Boaz after a rain to know how they'll play.

Who's played where this week and what's the status?

Yup, hell we've been playing Myers daily since Tuesday, was a muddy mess then but it's not too bad at all now. They played Audubon last night and seems like it was in good shape. Planning on hitting up Veterans probably Tuesday or Wednesday, it's a bit of a drive but hopefully it'll be worth it.

Thinking about hitting Veterans Park Sunday morning, but worried about all this rain. Not really any creeks in play too much, but some low areas and hills that could be a mess

Bear Creek's parking lot has been closed while they clean it up, but I still saw some people playing it when I drove by yesterday. Northpark is in decent shape from what I hear. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play it soon.

Just arrived home from a couple of rounds at BB Owen. Not bad at all.

BB Owen plays well when other nearby courses are too wet. We played there right after the deluge and if not for the "worm doodles" coming up out of the ground in the grassy areas our shoes would have stayed reasonably clean.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449499098.715811.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449499115.973378.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449499129.874091.jpg

Here's our float from the Keene Christmas parade. We borrowed a float from one of our members who ran it for his business at the Burleson parade, and just put some disc golf stuff on it. We came away with a trophy, so we're pretty happy!

Fritz was in surprisingly good shape yesterday, most of the natural tees were dry enough to find a safe spot to throw from and only a couple basket areas had issues. The #3 basket is in some standing water.
Paige Pierce was out there as well. I'm pretty sure her group 'tee-jumped' me as I walked from 14 to 15, since the guys holing out on 15 as I approached were the only people ahead of me as I walked down 10. Forgivable, but come on! :thmbdown:

View attachment 56350
View attachment 56351
View attachment 56352

Here's our float from the Keene Christmas parade. We borrowed a float from one of our members who ran it for his business at the Burleson parade, and just put some disc golf stuff on it. We came away with a trophy, so we're pretty happy!

When I clicked on the pics, the 1st thing that I noticed was Quisenberry Construction. It reminded me of the 9 holer that I didn't get a chance to play, Quisenberry Disc Golf course. Something about the neighbors complaining or something like that. Cool looking float.:hfive:

i noticed the trailer too. are you friends with Aaron? haven't seen him since that course fell apart

i noticed the trailer too. are you friends with Aaron? haven't seen him since that course fell apart

Yeah, Aaron is pretty active in our group. The trailer was for his company's float in another parade, we just hijacked it and made it disc golf. He got to keep our trophy.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449530271.449925.jpg

Saw this on Facebook:

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM DYNAMIC DISCS LEWISVILLE:

PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PLAY LAKE PARK DGC

Currently Lake Park DGC is closed from now until February 1st. The City and its construction workers ask that you honor the signs that say the park is closed. If people continue to remove trash bags from the baskets and play the course, the baskets will be pulled and will not be replaced until the beginning of summer. There is a chance they may not be replaced at all if these issues persist. Please help us spread the word. We do not want the course closed any longer than it has to be. Too many people play Lake Park for it to vanish. There is so much history and so many good people who look after the park.

Not everyone will see this message, not everyone uses Facebook, and not everyone is an avid disc golfer. Please help us help the City so we may get our course back asap! Thank you for your cooperation.

Yup, but like many mountain bike trails, there will always be those who don't care or listen. Except it seriously looks like they'll pull the baskets if people don't listen.

Latest posts