• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Went and played Trophy Club's first 9 holes today, I must say that from the old configuration to this is a completely new course far better and totally worth the $1 park entrance fee. I like this course very much, it has a little bit of everything to throw. The course was confusing to us at first because the nymber on the baskets do not match the holes you are throwing on. The thorns are pretty harsh right now on the fairway of hole 5 and 6, but they should not be a problem once more people play the course. This map is just an estimate of pin locations not exact by any means. just to give an idea of where you are going.
TrophyClub.png

Hole 1: Shoots long and straight with two big trees on both sides (about 150' away) then opens fairly nice. Then basket is heavily wooded and tucked behind some trees.

Hole 2: Another long open tee shot leading to a nicely protected basket.

Hole 3: WOAH. heavily wooded, tree cover, trees in the darn way, nicely laid. Sweet putter approach.

Hole 4: see hole 3, but a few more trees to start with!

Hole 5: Hyzer bomb, long and off to the left.

Hole 6: Nice long tunnel shot through an anhyzer to a protect basket.

Hole 7: straight and long, and wooded, and tree covered, and yea did I mention wooded?

Hole 8: SUPER tricky hole, tee pad is tucked in some trees that has a right turn in about 100' then HEAVILY wooded fairway to a pretty open but tricky basket.

Hole 9: Tee box is tucked in some trees, looong shot with a HUGE tree dead center. Then an even longer drive to the basket.

Overall I really enjoyed the course, it is a HUGE improvement over the old, putter only course. Thanks again to everyone involved with the new design.

Heads up DFW, I found out today that the PIAS in Carrolton is closing at the end of the month. Chad told me the owners decided to close because the strip mall landlord jacked up the rent.
Sucks…it was the first place I ever bought plastic from and at the time it was about the only place carrying discs. Only good news is they are selling everything for 25% off, so some good deals to be had.

Hey folks... i played this course with ikikazz and agree with his assessment. The new designed front 9 played well and is challenging for all players.

Its well worth the $1. Cant wait to see what they do with the back 9

Heads up DFW, I found out today that the PIAS in Carrolton is closing at the end of the month. Chad told me the owners decided to close because the strip mall landlord jacked up the rent.
Sucks…it was the first place I ever bought plastic from and at the time it was about the only place carrying discs. Only good news is they are selling everything for 25% off, so some good deals to be had.

Too bad. I hope they find another place to open in the area.

DFW disc golf (can't reply to previous thread due to 40 day limit)

Any DG pro-shops in the Richardson/North Dallas, Garland or Mesquite areas? I've seen the page for Life Disc sports in Rowlett but it doesn't include much about their plastic and the pics seem kinda skimpy on selection. DD in Lewisville is an hour each way and I really just don't have that kind of time to spare when I could be using that to throw.
Any help would be appreciated, and I'm hoping to get down to Cedar Hill soon so anything that direction would work as well.

In addition to those listed in the link that scarpfish provided, Hobbytown in Rockwall (south of I-30) has a decent disc selection. Better than Dick's and the like, but nothing extensive.

The best places I've been to as far as selection is PIAS in Carrollton (rumored to be closing) and Dynamic Discs in Lewisville.

In addition to those listed in the link that scarpfish provided, Hobbytown in Rockwall (south of I-30) has a decent disc selection. Better than Dick's and the like, but nothing extensive.

The best places I've been to as far as selection is PIAS in Carrollton (rumored to be closing) and Dynamic Discs in Lewisville.

The PIAS closed down over by me in Hulen....wonder if they all are? :(

Word on Carrollton was the rent was too damn high.

I see...maybe they aren't completely shutting down then. I know the Carrolton one always had the best selection and the used bin was legit every time I went in there. :thmbup:

I like Replay sports in McKinney

better then the other PIAS (besides the Carrolton one)

unsure how it compares to DD Lewisville

I think an hour drive to DD in Lewisville is worth it because you can drive right down the street and get a round in at Lake Park.......

The Life House in Rockwall has discs, but it's usually DGA, Discraft and Westside. Maybe some Gateway putters too. I haven't seen any new Innova in there. Their selection is pretty small.

There's certainly an opportunity for "someone" to open a disc golf store on the east side of Dallas. Maybe in that strip shopping center across the street from Audubon.

PIAS would work there with the softball complex and disc golf course right across the street. (Hint, hint).

Mapquest-ing the route shows Richardson to Lewisville is 24 miles, or 30 minutes. You must be taking one of the tollways to get there. I-635 to I-35 N is faster.

so what's the deal with that Anna course? is it ever going to be finished?

I'm currently playing at the course at Bill Allen Memorial in the Colony, I'd appreciate if anyone that frequently plays there can send me a pm so I can have a few people to play with any given day. I practice by myself mostly and it gets boring.

so what's the deal with that Anna course? is it ever going to be finished?

I contacted the City's Facebook page and got the reply you see below:

"... you and a handful of others have been patiently waiting. My understanding is that there are several more baskets that need to be placed and handicap access added. The cold weather the last several months along with staff changes has put us behind. I know that Maurice Schwanke our Planning Director in charge of the project will be setting up a volunteer day to help with some of the work for the disc golf. I konw this may sound cheesy but the volunteer piece is a part of the grant application and grant requirements. If you are interested in helping that would be great. Maurice's email is [email protected]"

Much of the park was funded by the state through a grant and they apparently need some volunteer time to help meet those requirements.

The Life House in Rockwall has discs, but it's usually DGA, Discraft and Westside. Maybe some Gateway putters too. I haven't seen any new Innova in there. Their selection is pretty small.

There's certainly an opportunity for "someone" to open a disc golf store on the east side of Dallas. Maybe in that strip shopping center across the street from Audubon.

PIAS would work there with the softball complex and disc golf course right across the street. (Hint, hint).

I hear ya eegor. I had a little shop in Greenville SC, but have since had a kid and moved back to Dallas. My bro has a crossfit gym at Plano Rd and Beltline that he says I can stock with discs but that's still a ways from BB and no other courses.