• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Snake

Black Racer

blackracer-full.jpeg

Black Rat

BlackRatSnake_353692_7.jpg

Nope, just unfortunate for the snake it was born or lives around something so much higher up the food chain, but can still cause so much harm to us at the same time.

You eat a lot of snakes?

gyro_captain02.jpg

"Good protein!"

Maybe he was a really long racer, and just out for a walk. Whatever it was, we weren't messing with it.

20140822_171623_zps8f513574.jpg

Looks like a King Snake. The white belly is a clue. I'm not positive but I see a ton on the courses in Charlotte. It doesn't look fat enough to be a racer. (and by fat I mean they tend to look flatter as they move) Pretty snake though. :)

Yeah that's cool, just pinch the **** out of its head. Cause you know, I'm sure it was bothering you and all, trying to play disc golf in its habitat. Let that be a lesson to all snakes. Don't try to live where dbags play disc golf. That'll show em.

You can't be serious with this post...

@OP: where is that? Looks like Flanacher, which wouldn't surprise me.

Friend of our family (she babysits our kids) got bit by a rattler a few weeks back.

11 or 12 doses of anti-venom and about 2 1/2 days in the hospital.

She got the hospital bill: $260,000

Moral of the story... I dunno, don't get bit by a poisonous snake? That bill would have put me in the grave.

She did have insurance - her part is only $6000 - but still my reaction was along these lines:

Al-bundy-ed-oneill-animated-gif-6.gif

I hear the vast majority of snake bites are either from people messing with them or from people gardening, where they end up surprising the snake by reaching up into an upside-down pot or an old pile of leaves or something.

That said, it looks like the OP definitely falls under the category of messing with them. Picking up a snake that you can't identify? Doesn't seem like a great idea to me, but everything turned out alright and you made a pretty popular interwebs thread from the experience.

I hear the vast majority of snake bites are either from people messing with them or from people gardening, where they end up surprising the snake by reaching up into an upside-down pot or an old pile of leaves or something.

That said, it looks like the OP definitely falls under the category of messing with them.

Nope. I wasn't dumb enough to pick that one up.

I am guessing the person that picked it up (Pmantle?) knew exactly what he was dealing with.

I live and let live with all snakes except cottonmouths. That said, I don't touch them with my hands. A long stick, limber branch, cane, hoe or something similar is what I'd recommend. If you're scared, just leave.

this thread has been very interesting, at first I thought the op was a herpetologist just pulling our chains. If you cant ID a snake don't mess with it. my daughter and I were trying to catch a non-venomous snake last week eventhough I could not ID it. I thought of those kids that were playing with gaboon viper in ohio. I let the snake go its way down hole 7. I do recommended fellow disc golfers be familiar with snake bite procedures, as they have changed since we were kids.

Latest posts