• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGA Mach VII

F. Howl

* Ace Member *
mach7-first-reveal-full.jpg

Looks really nice, but why the need to improve on the Mach X? I thought everyone liked those.

Edit: Oh, I guess its cheaper by $50. Maybe theyll stop making Mach III's or V's?

Last edited:
I'm in the no chastity belt camp. I like the angled tops, especially when outfitted with some of their vinyl basket "blades". That's enough visibility.
basket-blades-winget-park4.jpg

I'm in the no chastity belt camp. I like the angled tops, especially when outfitted with some of their vinyl basket "blades". That's enough visibility.
basket-blades-winget-park4.jpg

But if you do not have those vinyl top bands then the basket gets hard to see on some holes as one is not able to put a number topper on the Mach V model unlike the Mach III or Mach X.

I don't understand how the chastity belt is considered a disadvantage. My experience has been that a high putt gets stopped dead for a drop in while the angled top can launch that same putt out 10-20' from the basket.

The catching area of the basket is the same, correct?

Yeah Catching area looks same as Mach V but will have to wait for the rules to come out.

Yep the Belt at top of basket is not a problem it is the guard thing in front of the Belt that looks like a problem more so then the Mach V design. I bet DGA stops making the Mach V as this is supposed to be the replacement for that model as they look so similar. What I want is a modern Mach II update with a modern larger height (for rules for A tier on up) bottom metal disc catcher cage.

I applaud anytime manufacturers, course designers, proprietors, apply color to poles, baskets, lollipops, flags, chastity belts... (and oh yes: tee markers).

I find few things as annoyingly frustrating as trying to spot a naked Mach/Chainstar, in the shadows woods, hundreds of feet away, often in waning twilight, while playing my 3rd new to me course of the day.

I'm not in favor of making baskets gaudy. Just reasonably visible. Anything that helps players navigate through the course easier, or helps reduce backups on the course: I'm for it.

Last edited:
I applaud anytime manufacturers, course designers, proprietors, apply color to poles, baskets, lollipops, flags, chastity belts... (and oh yes: tee markers).

I find few things as annoyingly frustrating as trying to spot a naked Mach/Chainstar, in the shadows woods, hundreds of feet away, often in waning twilight, while playing my 3rd new to me course of the day.

I'm not in favor of making baskets gaudy. Just reasonably visible. Anything that helps players navigate through the course easier, or helps reduce backups on the course: I'm for it.

I agree, Mach and old Chanstar baskets, Pro are colored as well as the Naked Lighting DB-5 are hard to find even in plain view if it is a cloudy day. So can be in woods some of the all black models of baskets from MVP if the white MVP logo on band is not facing the tee pad/tee post but rather off to the side most MVP Baskets have 2 or 4 logos. I know in my local in town course Steamboat before we got the Mach III tops the middle section of the lighting DB-5 baskets got tapped with a 1 foot band of electric tape in the middle of the post to see them better but that has on some fallen off over time on some starting at about the time they got the Mach III toppers in 2015 or 2016.

Last edited:
They=what?

I think he means the angle of the guard rails.

I thought the same thing when I saw them. I bounce a lot of discs off the bogey band, but when it's vertical the disc usually flops down. The angle on this catcher looks like a launch ramp for my shots.

From a designer standpoint, I'm glad baskets come in "plain". A lot of my clients want "unobtrusive" targets (to blend in with the natural surroundings, etc.).
Note: "Gaudy" is in the eye of the beholder.
IMO, the mfr'ers make the basket "plain" or "semi-plain" for a logical reason. One can always "gaudy things moreso" but it's a lot harder to "un-gaudy" a basket.

Just use neon spray paint / tape if you want "bright" (or whatever extent YOU want)...IFFF you're the course designer / sponsor / etc.

I don't understand how the chastity belt is considered a disadvantage. My experience has been that a high putt gets stopped dead for a drop in while the angled top can launch that same putt out 10-20' from the basket.

The catching area of the basket is the same, correct?

The chastity belt is an advantage to high putts. I've had a few hit the bottom band and fold in (I have a nose up putt) and I've seen dropping putts hit band and slide in the basket. It happened several times on tour last year (can't remember the tourneys, but I think it was Barsby and Nikko). Not a big deal. I gladly take putts that catch one outer strand and drop too, but I prefer a truer target area like on the Mach X. Soft outer chains, and interlink assembly so discs that hit dead center can't spit through.

I'm guessing that since the Mach X was the target that came out after the Mach V, the Mach X sort of "took the sequence spot" of the VI, no?

Latest posts