• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2010

Sounds like more and more are getting them. BTW, this thread is nice. No more clutter.

Three Aces this year all at Tyler State Park my home course.

4/10/10, Hole #9, A position, 218'. Blind up hill shot used a Flash 170g.

7/3/10, Hole #10, B position, 208'. Blind hyzer shot on elevated mound, used a 169g Star Crow.

8/8/10, Hole #16. B position, 264'. A tough wooded shot, you have to make a the 12' gap then get a nice S throw through the staggered trees. I've been using a 169g Stalker all summer on this hole. Landing within 10 feet of the basket many times. Then I hit it just right and all you could hear is chains in the distance and see the disc resting in the basket from the Tee.

Got my 1st today!! A temporary course, unsanctioned tournament on the grounds of an old factory!! 125' tunnel shot between a factory and a wall of kudzu with the basket blind around the corner of the factory.

I had thrown my JK Aviar over the wall onto the train tracks in the loop prior and that is what I used the first time we played the hole and I parked it. This time I reached for a star gator, sidearmed it and it almost hit the edge of the factory. The guy we were with said he thought he heard metal and sure enough it was sitting in there.

I have the 1st ace on a course that may never be set up again and if it is, everyone will have to wait until next year to take a run at it!!

I have some pics of the hole on my phone but cant get them off it on this computer.

Here is the hole from the tee:
attachment.php

Here is the basket:
attachment.php

:clap:

Attachments

• IMG00114s.jpg
    IMG00114s.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG00115s.jpg
    IMG00115s.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 46
Stuck #17 short at Arboretum. Same disc (Z Glo Stalker), same hyzer flip line, except this time it didn't pop out and it was also in the dark. Didn't see it land, but I heard it :)

Got my 4th ace on the 250' slightly uphill wooded alt #9 at Sharp Springs last night. Carolina blue ESP Avenger flew in clean but we heard rather than see. God I love that sound of those chains exploding! I've been really lucky that I've had someone with me each time I've hit one to bare witness, share the excitement with, and go through the signing process. I was thinking about that on the ride home. How lame would it be to toss one in with nobody else around, yell with, and having to write on your own disc? I didn't do the call all my friends that play thing this time

Share your thoughts

interesting... so let me get this straight..... where u play disc golf you have to have at least 1 witness AND someone has to be naked for it to count??

New to the boards and just started playing about a month ago! Aced my first hole at Rycenga park #2. It was solo though :( so I had no one to enjoy in the fun. Its the best feeling to send a disc down way and hear the chains ring out! (Valk 175)

Last edited:
New to the boards and just started playing about a month ago! Aced my first hole at Rycenga park #2. It was solo though :( so I had no one to enjoy in the fun. Its the best feeling to send a disc down way and hear the chains ring out! (Valk 175)

welcome, fellow muskegonite! i have 5 aces all at mcgraft park but i don't remember how long it was before i got my first one on hole 16 there. although lots of people think acquiring a bunch of aces is the mark of a good player, in general i think conservative play is better for your score. if your disc is flying chain high on an ace line and you miss, you may only get a par instead of a birdie when the disc ends up 45 feet past the bucket. my 2 cents. deliberately going for aces is another story.

Back to back aces!

Last night at my club's weekly, two members hit back to back aces on hole #17 at Ryan Ranch. They shared the $140 ace pot. Anyone else seen back to back aces before?

There was someone on here a few weeks ago who just bought a new Katana and got an ace with it in their first and second throw with the thing back to back holes. I'd be stoked just to get one ace (after my 3 years of playing)

I have seen 2 aces on the same card in a tournament. they were not back to back though, one person threw in between them.

Some people have a horse shoe up their a**! If I hit two aces back to back I would be floating on air. Still waiting for my second ace after 6 years since my last. I can feel it though, its right around the corner. Fingers crossed!!

Biz
Team Bert

Some people have a horse shoe up their a**! If I hit two aces back to back I would be floating on air. Still waiting for my second ace after 6 years since my last. I can feel it though, its right around the corner. Fingers crossed!!
You're going to hit one this weekend ... just watch ..

yea ... at my home course .. hole 18 loops back around and runs along 11's fairway .. a group of us sat and watched our buddy drive and hit an ace .. we all ran up to the hole and congratulated him ... then as were walking back to our hole .. another person on his card aced the same hole and put it right on top the other disc ... we all turned around in amazement ...and congradulated them bolth with the 20+ dollar ace pool that built that day cause the ace had gotten hit the week Prior ... lol

Nailed two in a row back in April I think. It was nasty. -8 after 8 holes.

Latest posts