• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2014

Got number 3 today, second one this month. #13 at Lake Shawnee, ~200' downhill hole that I've hit chains a few times on, this time my Zero Hard Sinus stuck.

Of course I was the only one on the course for all three of my rounds there today, so once again, no witnesses or signatures for me... I should get some friends I guess...

Got my first 2014 ace today... and it is my fourth overall. Hole #15/A Pin (229 ft) at Calvert Road Park in College Park, MD. Four witnesses since it happened during Sunday Doubles. :D

Got my first 2014 ace today... and it is my fourth overall. Hole #15/A Pin (229 ft) at Calvert Road Park in College Park, MD. Four witnesses since it happened during Sunday Doubles. :D

Edit: There were five witnesses since we were playing with six on the card.

Wow, January is turning out to be my month! Racked up ace #4 today at Longview in Perry, KS on hole #7, laser-beamed an ESP Comet right at it! My third ace this month, I hope I can keep it up once the weather warms up and there are other people out on the courses!

Got my first ace this past Sunday 1/19. First throw of the day without even a single practice putt lol. It was on hole 1 at Sedgley Woods from blue(amateur) tees, 201 ft. Swung it out on a slight anhyzer and it just held that line with my new ESP Buzzz. It was a basket seeking missile and just crashed. Had three other friends golfing with me and a few others just hanging out. Was a good feeling getting my first in front of all my good friends. Still seems surreal I got my first ace

mytern- Congrats. I agree it felt surreal to get my first ace as well. Especially since I had been chasing down one for many years with many disappointing let downs.

1st Ace in 2014...

... and 2nd career ace. Quite a dry spell from August 25, 2012 to January 25, 2014. 17 months on the nose! Maybe I should play more on the 25th, but I play daily as it is!

This one was right before tournament action started... :wall::wall:

So no $$ for this one either. My first was casual round after league as I slept in that morning. Both on hole #1 of the course. Once the round started this weekend, I actually skimmed off the rim!!!

Hole #1 Bethel Assembly DGC - 225 ft. Latitude 64 GL Pain. SUPER WINDY!

picture.php

#3 and #4

Got # 3 about 2 weeks ago. One of the craziest aces I have thrown/seen. #6 at McClain DGC in San Antonio, TX. Aced by MANY locals.......just not me, until now! Thumber BOUNCE in with a TWISTED FLYER Star Sidewinder. Forget the length, pretty short, 185 maybe? Since I record almost all my rounds, I get to share the enjoyment! Here it is.....recorded in 1080 P so if it's not HD, pause the video, change the quality and restart...it's worth it to see the bounce, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBCk0iCW5Jk

#4 came a few day's later. #2 at Universal City DGC in Universal City, TX. Again, don't know the footage off hand.....maybe 220? The funny thing with this one was I had gotten a BRAND new EMac Sig. Series Fuzion Escape the day prior as I am trying to replace my 11X Eagles with something so I can either sell or hang the Eagles. No idea how the Escape would throw, just thought, "well, maybe this will be a decent short flick disc". First throw with the disc ever....ace # 4. 8) Happy Matt. Again, I get to share the enjoyment!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWhePioQa4U

Doh!

Forgot to mention, in the second vid I threw the trusty 11X Eagle first then decided to see how the Escape does on that hole. Sure, I didn't get to card that second one and I definately didn't get paid but an awesome story and definately adding it to the ace tally! Cheers fellas!

Ps....the inability to edit a post after 5 minutes is poop and needs to be changed! :doh:

Sweet bounce on the first one. The guy in the black's indifference to the second shot is funny. He did not seem impressed.

Got # 3 about 2 weeks ago. One of the craziest aces I have thrown/seen. #6 at McClain DGC in San Antonio, TX. Aced by MANY locals.......just not me, until now! Thumber BOUNCE in with a TWISTED FLYER Star Sidewinder. Forget the length, pretty short, 185 maybe? Since I record almost all my rounds, I get to share the enjoyment! Here it is.....recorded in 1080 P so if it's not HD, pause the video, change the quality and restart...it's worth it to see the bounce, lol.

^^^awesome bounce-in ace!

A friend who's not on DGCR hit his first two aces this week, during the same round at the nine holer in Keene, TX. His other seven holes were completely terrible, so I'm not sure what happened.

^^^awesome bounce-in ace!

Very nice.

Got my 1st! Hole #1 - at my local park. I was just trying to get my playing partner to go first to start the round. He insisted that I start. Glad he did. 1st shot = 1st Ace. 1/17/2014. Flat Top Roc for the win!

I hit 2 yesterday. The first came during a few warmup holes for the Austin, MN ice bowl. Sunny, a light breeze, about 10 degrees. Champ roc 3 on a slight hyzer line, hole 8 at driesner (home of my only other paying ace). It was one of those, dangit wasted it when it didn't count. Then I hit one about our 9th hole played, with the same disc on a much more laser straight line, helped me bring the $ home for 3rd place plus $36 for the ace.

Latest posts