• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Birthday Giveaway 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
**THIS IS THE OFFICIAL CONTEST ENTRY THREAD. ONE REPLY PER MEMBER PLEASE. YOU WILL FIND THE GIVEAWAY DISCUSSION THREAD HERE.**

That's right, DGCourseReview is two years old! In that short amount of time, we've had the honor of being home to over 10,000 course reviews, 23,000+ course photos and a community of over 5,300 members!

We wanted to commemorate the occasion and show our appreciation to the members for making DGCR what it is today with our first ever disc golf giveaway! One lucky member will win a grand prize package worth over $200 that includes the following:

Grand Prize:
  • Fade Gear Limited Edition Black Hole Tournament bag donated by Fade Gear
  • $75 Gift Certificate donated by Disc Golf Center
  • Vibram Open DVD Set donated by Prime Discs
  • DGCR Premium Account
  • DGCR Mini
  • DGCR Decal Set
We also are giving away 2 of the following excellent prize packages:
  • $25 Gift Certificate to Disc Golf Center
  • DGCR Premium Account
  • DGCR Mini
  • DGCR Decal Set
Not enough? Ok, one more prize!
  • PRIME Discs T-shirt donated by PRIME Discs
  • DGCR Mini
  • DGCR Decal Set
Entering couldn't be easier, the only requirement to enter is that you're an active member of the site and that you have all the location information in your DGCR profile filled out (that means city, country, state and zip code (if you're in the US)). What do we mean by "active" member? Just that you've participated on the site in some way by posting on the forum, using the scorebook, tracking your played/favorite courses, uploading photos, writing reviews, etc.

To enter, just reply to this forum thread and answer a few fun questions.
  • Your 2 favorite courses (extra points for linking them so we can all check them out!)
  • Your 2 favorite discs (aka what kind of plastic you'll get with your gift certificate to fill up that slick bag)
  • Your 2 favorite websites (there is at least one correct answer here guys ;):D)
  • Any comments on/suggestions for DGCR that you'd like to share (optional)
Special thanks go out to our generous giveaway sponsors, Fade Gear, Disc Golf Center and PRIME Discs as well as the excellent DGCR community. Thanks everyone and good luck!

* Please, only one entry per member. Winners will be chosen on June 22. Also, if you do not have your location information filled out and you are selected as a winner, you will be disqualified. So make sure to fill it out!

Last edited:
My 2 favorite courses: Beaver Ranch/Conifer Park and Hyzer Creek (Sorry but not computer literate enough to link to them)
My 2 favorite discs: Innova Champion TeeBird and Innova Champion Orc
My 2 favorite websites: DGCourseReview.com and LewRockwell.com
Any comments on/suggestions for DGCR that you'd like to share: The site is awesome, spend way too much time on here wishing i was out on the course.

Harry Meyers (Dallas Tx) and Delavega (Santa Cruz Ca)
Innova Monarch Champ. and Tee Bird
dgcr and gottagogottathrow.com

I didn't know if I went overboard with this - but as always - go big or go home. Enjoy!

(Your 2 favorite courses (extra points for linking them so we can all check them out!))

(1) My favorite course so far is Harry Myers DGC in Rockwall, Texas. - http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1347 This is a fantastic course that holds it own with any high caliber DG course. It has tight fairways and thick woods, but also mixes in the open big drives in scenery that echoes Texas hill country. Concrete tees, and multiple boxes make it truly a must play in the Dallas area. - Check out the reviews at http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=1347&mode=rev

(2) The second best course if a much tougher challenge. I believe Oak Meadows in Cypress, Texas - http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1629 has to take the spot. This is simply a complete course to test your abilities to be accurate and creative. Multiple tees plays through tight woods, water, and big risk/rewards. This course is challenging and frustrating as much as it is rewarding to attempt to shoot low. It may be the best course in the Houston area. Check out the reviews at - http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=1629&mode=rev

(Your 2 favorite discs (aka what kind of plastic you'll get with your gift certificate to fill up that slick bag))

Disks are like a quality beer - you'll love one for a while, but your tastes will change over the course of time. Currently my tastes swing towards the champion Boss (173 grams) - http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/championBoss.html and the Pro Shark (175 grams) - http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/proshark.html. The Boss gives me that ability to shape a good distance shot that I find to be more accurate than many people give it credit for. The shark is a good mid-range that I prefer as my putter. That pro feel gives it an enhanced grip over the DX material to help me be more accurate.

(Your 2 favorite websites (there is at least one correct answer here guys ;):D))

Well, the first one is obvious - Facebook...oh wait, no I must admit DGCR is in the top spot. And I'm not just saying to win points, as I've told Tim, this site is my drug and he seems happy to deal it to me. There have been many a late night where my wife has sauntered in only to say, "Oh God, you're on that site again? I'm going to bed." Yes, it's my addiction and I love it.

The other site that I enjoy beyond all others is actually a radio station site. 94.5 the Buzz out of Houston. - http://www.thebuzz.com/main.html The main site is okay, but all you men - do yourself a favor and scope out the Rod Ryan page. His Links and Guests area will become your daily stop - I guarantee it! - http://rodryan.thebuzz.com/pages/linksandguests.html

(Any comments on/suggestions for DGCR that you'd like to share)

When it comes to suggestions - I think one only has to hit the forum section to know I give a suggestion or two. Some good - some not so good (I'm sure Tim is nodding at this point), but I'm not shy about my opinions. I'm happy to say (as an example) my latest suggestion was approved, and I love the feature - Thanks Tim. - http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3244

Comments - Here is the bottom line: I started playing disc golf five years ago as a cheap out to playing real golf and I was a quick addict. I made my own scorecard and everything. But with time the interest faded, I got a new job and had a kid. I basically stopped playing.

But with the help of my brother and this site - the fire wasn't only rekindled, at times it's burning out of control. I forgot how much I love this game, and this site has given me the things I had yearned for when I started. An online scorebook, maps, courses layouts, reviews, and an online network of people that I can share my obsession with. My brother brought me back into playing, but I never would have dived head first if not for this site. As corny as it sounds, this site and this wonderful sport have helped me survived the last six grueling months at work and everything else.

I love this site, so I guess it is as simple as that. :D

My 2 favorite courses: Elver Park (madison, wi) and acorn park (twin cities, MN)
My 2 favorite discs: Innova Boss and Wraith
My 2 favorite websites: DGCourseReview.com and discgolfscene.com
Any comments on/suggestions for DGCR that you'd like to share: love the site - don't know what I'd do without it

Happy Birthday

1. De LaVeaga, Santa Cruz, Ca. and Milo McIver, Estacada, Oregon

2. Champion Wraiths and Champion Cobras

3. dgcoursereview.com and discgolfersRus.com

4. Special area to include aces seperate of rounds and adding an area for the 360 Putt game.

1. Bryan Park (Richmond, VA), Cedarock Park (Burlington, NC)
2. Star Wraith, Star Destroyer
3. dgcourserview, youtube
4. Hit up a few courses while on a road trip this weekend - would have never been able to do that without this site. Thanks for all the helpful info.

1. North Asheboro Park (Asheboro, NC) and Horizons Park (Winston-Salem, NC)
2. Champ Leopard(Girlfriend's good omen) and Star Kite
3. dgcoursereview, pitchfork
4. I'd love a way to track aces more efficiently. Also, only having one login would be nice.

Thanks for everything DGCR

Happy Birthday DGCR!

Fav. Courses
Sharp Springs near Nashville, TN (my home course, never gets old)
Baker Farm near Rochester, NY (this has nothing to do with the fact that this course is near Tim's home... it was the most enjoyable DG round I have ever played)

Fav. Discs
Sirius Orion LS by Millennium
Pro Wraith by Innova

Fav. Websites
DGCR
Yahoo Sports

Comments
I love DGCR for planning out-of-state trips to play DG.
I love looking at the map to see where I have played.

(1)Veteran's Park This course has pretty much everyshot..wooded,water,long,open. I just love to play here.

Ballard Park This course is getting kind of boring..but its pretty close to the house and is the one I found disc golf on..so it goes in the favs

(2) Innova Beast..As the name says its a beast..it will hold anyline I put it on
Innova Pig

(3) DGCR..I'm not just saying that either. The site has helped my form alot. I'm on here way too much.

Youtube.

(4) Really I can't think of anything. I love the scorebook section of the site

My 2 favorite courses: Probably Acorn park In Roseville Mn because I have been playing it forever and it still holds up and Hyland Ski because it lets me air it out.
My 2 favorite discs: Innova Orc and Roc
My 2 favorite websites: DGCourseReview.com and the Fires of Heaven forums
Any comments on/suggestions for DGCR that you'd like to share: Just to keep up the good work and get ready for me to get my Bronze medal.

Your 2 favorite courses

1. Beaver Ranch/Conifer Park is by far my favorite course to this point, being in the mountains just makes me happy and what a course with so many memorable holes.

2. La Mirada is my second favorite course because it is my home course. I am there just about everyday and there are going to be so many great memories for me at this place, even when I move away.

Your 2 favorite discs

1. The best disc ever made of course, a Champion TL. I may have to wait until they get some down around 170g but I am defiantely going to get one. Life has been tough since I threw my last TL into the lake on hole 7 at Emerald Isle.

2. While there are many other discs that I will probably get with them, I think I am next most excited right now to pick up my first Champion Boss. Having recently seen my distance increase I figure I might have a chance to eagle hole 15 on the back 18 at La Mirada like I saw Super Dave do the time I was fortunate enough to play with him. And he still remembers my name, way cool.

Your 2 favorite websites

1. What has recently become my favorite web site, and the one that I spend most of my time on these days is this lovely little site known at Disc Golf Course Review. I spend so much time on this place that my roomate calls me a Disc Golf addict. He's trying to start me on a 12 step program.

2. I have this dream that one day when I go to the web site for ESPN I will see Disc Golf at the lead story. As it is, and because I love sports in general this will have to be my second favorite site.

Any comments on/suggestions for DGCR that you'd like to share

1. Do not stop what you are already doing. Keep being innovative and looking for those new features.

2. Never loose your passion for this web site. It comes out in everything that you do.

3. I would love to see a section added relating to news in Disc Golf. Quick little stories about NT events. Word of new disc releases. Other relevant news in the world of DG.

my 2 fav. courses
vista del camino scottsdale az
corbin park post fall id

2 fav. discs
pro wraith
dx classic roc

2 fav. web sites
dg course review
bunny teens (under 18 not allowed)

i would also like to see a section with disc golf news, events, local happenings in the world of dg.

My favorite two courses are currently Eagle Ridge/Civic Center in Oswego, IL and I would have to say North East Coachman Park in Clearwater, FL (since that is where I was taken out for my first round it will always be a special place for me).

My 2 favorite discs would probably be my Latitude 64 Sinus SP putter for all the crazy things we've done together and my 169 11x Innova TeeBird. We have come a long way over the last couple of months. I wish I would have tried a TeeBird sooner. Honorable mentions goes to my midrange grouping though: Discraft Elite Z Wasp and ESP Buzzz, Latitude 64 Core, and my beat Innova Star Stingray. I need to mention them so they do not get angry and turn their backs on me.

The two, make that three, sites I am on everyday are dgcoursereview.com, discontinuum.org, and playbabble.com. Or if we were playing the $25,000 Pyramid this would go into the "what are three things that help me get through work" catergory.

Comments: I truely think this site is great for finding courses all over, disc organization, and message board activity. Without it I do not believe I would have been able to hit the 81 courses already in my one year of playing already. My only "constructive" suggestion I can think of is possible adding a line for skill level of course. Where underneath the course landscape/terrain there could be a bar for Course Skill Level with the options of: Beginner, Intermediate, Championship (or something similiar). This way when newbies or pro calliber players check out it has the additional option summarize the average skill level needed to play "well" on the course.

Courses
- I like Greenway DGC and the Western Oregon University course (because I feel like I contributed to it by designing my own course and putting it on here).

Discs
-Innova Star Valkyrie, 170g
-Innova DX Rhyno, 174g

Sites
-dgcoursereview.com
-facebook

Comments
-I'm very glad that I found this site. In the short time that I've been on here I have learned a lot from the nice people on here and have been able to see myself progress via the Premium features with the scorebook.
-The only thing I would like to see is a news feed like grube.fresh said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts