• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Meeting

discjon

Birdie Member
Okay, I know the idea has been floated around the forums before, but nothing has really come out of it. So I'm bringing it up again!

Would anybody be interested in having a big DGCR meetup this summer? If we made a poll and decided what weekend in the summer would be best, we could definitely make it happen. We could do a weekend at Flip City, have a DGCR tounament, mini rounds, cooking, etc. And if we all brought like 10 bucks to benefit Bill McKenzie, I know he wouldn't mind.

I'm like 10 hours from Michican, and I know my brother, my dad and I would be more than willing to make the drive for something like this.

If there is enough general interest, I'd be more than happy to do all the legwork to organize this thing.

At 5.5 hours of driving for me I would consider it.

Of course I would make a weekend of it and camp somewhere's......

Mayyybe. Eight hours for me. I have gotten the OK for a weekend of disc golf at some point during the summer from my wife, but I had planned to go to Paw Paw, which is much closer to me. I'd definitely consider it.

I'd be in :) Flip is awesome but may be a little far from everyone and there aren't really many options close by for hotels, etc.

The Pittsburgh area with Moraine, Knob Hill, Deer Lakes, etc. might be a good option that isn't quite so remote. Keeping it local to Rochester this year could be an option too.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know Flip is pretty far, but I figured it would make an amazing weekend for the first DGCR meetup.
And I know Bill would let us all camp there, and cook hotdogs, etc etc.

What's everyone else think?

I really like the idea, discjon, and I'd make an effort to go. It might be worth considering the geographical location of the place. West Coasters would have to do something else, I think, like have their own meetup. Michigan is pretty central from a east/west perspective, but not so much from north/south. I guess we'd have to look at who wanted to go from the East/Central regions and then pick a great campable course somewhere in the middle.

There's always the Cincinnati area with Idlewild, Lincoln Ridge, etc. which is a little more central to everyone distance wise.

Sounds cool, you are starting on a GRAND scale though.
If it works out then sweet, but I think I would try to have regional meetings like DGCR Texas Tourney or DGCR North East Tournament.
I would be in, but is anyone a divorce lawyer, because I may need one when I suggest this to my wife :)

For sure. We'll have to see who else is interested and then take some votes!
I know I'd love to meet some more fellow DGCR members!

if you do flip city, there are tons of options for camping grounds in the area and things to do with family ect. plus 20 minutes north the tourney could extend to THE Beast, and Levithan. I Know everyone who came who leave very happy.

There's always the Cincinnati area with Idlewild, Lincoln Ridge, etc. which is a little more central to everyone distance wise.

That's true. Idlewild wouldn't be a bad idea at all. Any local camping that you know of, Tim?

Hawk Hollow, VA

no chance of outside traffic, camping, get to add a private course to your played list, help out Biscoe with raising $ for his already cool course. Maybe 6 hours from Rochester or the Carolinas (I did not actually mapquest it)

I would go to flip for sure. Its an hour drive for me. Free camping and that place is awesome. I know just about every michigan dgcr member would make that trip for sure. Id love to meet and play disc with a lot of the guys ive talked to too. If we all decide to meet somewhere else within several hours of me ill be there too. Lets figure it out and put it in stone, that would be a great idea.

Down like a clown, charlie brown.

I'm there, pretty much no matter where it is. I am planning on taking a long (~2 month) disc golf road trip this summer, so just tell me when and where and I will make sure my plans get me there.

That's true. Idlewild wouldn't be a bad idea at all. Any local camping that you know of, Tim?

Looks like there are a few: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Plenty of hotels for non-campers like me too :D

Hawk Hollow, VA

no chance of outside traffic, camping, get to add a private course to your played list, help out Biscoe with raising $ for his already cool course. Maybe 6 hours from Rochester or the Carolinas (I did not actually mapquest it)

A private or at least more remote course would be nice due to the lack of traffic. That's why Flip, etc. would be good or even Moraine that I suggested earlier.

Can you start some sort of user group or something for those that are interested? I'm kinda new to this forum stuff, but that seems like something that could make the organization of this easier.

if you do flip city, there are tons of options for camping grounds in the area and things to do with family ect. plus 20 minutes north the tourney could extend to THE Beast, and Levithan. I Know everyone who came who leave very happy.

There are a lot of things to do near flip, silver lake sand dunes are amazing, plus like you said the beast and levithan are world class parks aswell so we would get 3 birds with one stone so to speak. Id be happy with any where in michigan, but like I said anywhere within the tri-state area and Ill be there.