• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Meeting

I really do like the idea of Flip, and hope that it worked out that a decent amount of people could make it. It would help put some money in Bills pocket too, to keep that beautiful course goin'.

Highbridge Hills would be pretty sweet, 5 courses in one spot. 17 hour drive from Rochester though :(

i'm all for doing it at hawk hollow but not in the summer. too open, too steep, too hot, too much work to play. spring or fall are much better. imo paw paw would be the better choice in this general area that time of year.

Idlewild seems like an easier locale than Flip City, although either would be amazing.

Not that I would be able to do a cool trip this summer because of the new baby and that my wife might actually kill me - there's also the IDGA headquarters option in Appling outside of Augusta, Georgia and the three courses all together. Get a little history in with the Steady Ed museum, plus the Hippodrome is only a few miles away. Plenty of places to stay at too.

I was planning on going to flip in 2010. Sounds good to me. Wish that ferry didn't cost so much.

Maybe divide the country into like 4 or 5 regions, and have one big one for each region. and run it tournament style with discs and players packs?

Something like that would be cool, but not for a first go I don't think. I'm just interested in getting as much of us as possible in one place, and having a fun weekend.

I like the idea of Flip, because it sounds like such an awesoem course....but considering we've got folks from all over, maybe we should think of a more central location like Iowa or Kentucky/Cincy?

We could also maybe set up some regional events for folks who can't do the heavy traveling...heck, we could have our own mini-pdga:)

yea that is easier said that done, plus this would allow Tim to erach more people that arent already DGCR users and people who are just learning the game. I live in Indiana so really I already know im going to be close to the big one anyways, just trying to help out the people on the coasts

Sounds like a great idea. I'm in, scheduling permiting.

I would totallt be in for Flip City, I'm planning on taking the pilgrimage there this summer anyway.

And while I agree that raising cash for Bill is cool, let's not forget about Tim!

I would go to flip for sure. Its an hour drive for me. Free camping and that place is awesome. I know just about every michigan dgcr member would make that trip for sure. Id love to meet and play disc with a lot of the guys ive talked to too. If we all decide to meet somewhere else within several hours of me ill be there too. Lets figure it out and put it in stone, that would be a great idea.

if it was @ flip i would go

Neat idea... wish I lived closer. I do think regional get-togethers are a little more practical for most people. I'd definately be down for a Texas regional DGCR get-together. It could even be somewhat of a year-long thing moving all over the state (DFW, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, East TX, West TX, etc) maybe one Saturday/Sunday every couple of months. Could be like a bag tag challenge type of thingy.

Flip City for sure. Or Idlewild. I'm always down for a road trip. It might be easier to book Flip City for a week-end and, knowing Bill pretty well, his relaxed moral attitude towards tom-foolery might be a bonus. As long as we clean up after ourselves.

I'm down for flip and since I live in s.e. Mi. I'd be happy to carpool, it might shave off a few hours for some- I only have a car though

What's the closest major airport to Flip?

Latest posts