• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2019 Memorial Championship

Its a conspiracy hatched by Dodge to make it PPV. Intentionally driving down the quality of live stream to then say we need to charge $XX.XX to make it better...

:D

this afternoon is noticeably better. Still tons of room to improve, but at least this is watchable. I had to turn off this mornings coverage.

Yeah, it seems like they put more resources into the MPO coverage. They are showing the
"Chase Card" in between the action. And Nate & Val fixed their background.

Posted by dgpRob on Reddit:

9otcnox25dj21.jpg

So they're blaming the vendor. Why am I not surprised?

https://www.dgpt.com/news/first-dgp...WME0v1bcpiDmxwZJTuywGN3mNYIsUJDPI9dCNIyK2l0PY

Over the offseason, the Disc Golf Pro Tour invested heavily in equipment and personnel. Unfortunately though, sometimes even YouTube goes down. Thank you to the thousands that turned in, we were able to broadcast to most European viewers in 1080p/60fps. Unfortunately for much of the United States audience, extreme buffering and lag occurred. Based on the last four holes of coverage it looks like YouTube is back up and running and we are excited to be broadcasting the MPO feature card live starting at 4:45 PM ET.

Its a conspiracy hatched by Dodge to make it PPV. Intentionally driving down the quality of live stream to then say we need to charge $XX.XX to make it better...
:D

All kidding aside, I do think that's Dodge's end goal: some kind of media package he can sell to someone, or a PPV situation. And I think that was the main reason he cut out Smashboxx and only offered Jomez and CCDG crumbs...

Duke Alum here. This hits too close to home.

Clemson alum here. Zion-who? Just kidding, enjoying that shiny trophy sitting there next to the other one. :D although man, it would have been cool if he had committed to Clemson.

On the topic of coverage and play, super stoked for the post-round coverage for the chase card tomorrow. Lots of guys who are fun to watch throw discs and, while the Memorial is definitely better than the LVC, I can only make it through about a round or two for each course before it gets repetitive. As for live, hopefully it was just YouTube, but I probably won't wath much of it anyways. I'm a bigger fan of the post-produced stuff anyways

Wow, Simon was basically one shot away from the highest rated round ever.

Edit: never mind, was looking at the wrong SSA category. Now I believe Simon's round was terrible and not worth any further discussion.

Does McBeths performance prove the superiority of the Aviar putter?

I watched most of the 4th round from Las Vegas today. Whatever putter he is using just seems to stable to putt with. Seems like he was throwing the same disc off the tee on a hole or two. Maybe he should use one of the Challenger variants. Is the putting with the Luna?

I watched most of the 4th round from Las Vegas today. Whatever putter he is using just seems to stable to putt with. Seems like he was throwing the same disc off the tee on a hole or two. Maybe he should use one of the Challenger variants. Is the putting with the Luna?

To be fair...McBeth's putting hasn't been as sharp as it was circa 2012-2015, even with McPros

Yeah, it seems like they put more resources into the MPO coverage. They are showing the
"Chase Card" in between the action. And Nate & Val fixed their background.

Was I the only one bothered by that phrase? I mean it's not really a chase card, nobody is chasing anybody at this point, they're all trying to set the pace :/ That in "inaugural dgpt event" umm pretty sure that's not the right word, maybe I'm getting too caught up in semantics, or maybe I'm wrong, maybe they can call it whatever they want. Either way the coverage made gave me motion sickness.