• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2019 San Francisco Open presented by AbsoluteXtracts 10-May to 12-May-2019

Who says she's not following up? The issue with Cat's rant at GBO is much clearer cut than Sara's jump putts. I think JC was saying as much when he said it won't get called in real time.

PP:
"I hear things post round all the time about foot faults, falling putts, etc. but, that player didn't say anything because "it didn't matter" well I am here to tell you that it DOES matter. It matters for the integrity of our sport."

Then why go off on that tangent? Did you watch the video? It's as easy to spot as it can be without pretty much not trying to do it legally at all. Call it and let other people decide not to second it, that's why the rule is there. If you are going to preach it, lead the way in practice.

Dont really like the west coast tournaments. .the live MPO starts after midnight here in Sweden.

So one reason i like FPO more is that i can watch all the FPO live but very little MPO live. . .and i like live sports

Dont really like the west coast tournaments. .the live MPO starts after midnight here in Sweden.

So one reason i like FPO more is that i can watch all the FPO live but very little MPO live. . .and i like live sports

Now you know how we feel when the World Cup or Olympics is in East Asia...;)

I remember during the Japan/Korea World Cup waking up in the middle of the night for almost a month to watch a game, then pass back out for a 2 hours. Then waking up to watch the late games before going to work.

Last edited:

Yeah, though about watching live around 10pm and realized the MPO doesn't start for few hours. Do went to sleep, woke up at 7am and watched the stream from YouTube as it was live. Couldn't follow chat, but was able to fast forward long breaks and ads. So pretty ok experience, except the DGPT channel already showed the stream link for the next round with lead card names on the thumbnail...

I liked Val and Nate before SFO but now I'm getting tired of them. Can't really pinpoint what is wrong with them, but I feel that they try o explain simple screen action in very long-winded way in order to keep the talk going.

So Barela plays with a bad knee and cant really throw his max. . and he still in the lead. .
Maybe he should play like that all the time. . throw at 80% and gain precision

For the first time i look at the FPO players foot placement as they throw. . o wow, they are WAY of the mark SO often.

Cat´s roller on hole 6 was far of to the right , it´s not even close

attachment.php

Attachments

• cat 2.JPG
    cat 2.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 260
I know you're not saying Climo would foot fault like that. Climo and Patrick Brown would call her foot faultin nice ass out for that like they did on Stokely.

For the first time i look at the FPO players foot placement as they throw. . o wow, they are WAY of the mark SO often.

Cat´s roller on hole 6 was far of to the right , it´s not even close

attachment.php

She was off but not as much as your picture makes it seem-

and while she still had the disc in her hand -

Depending where the other players were standing they could easily have seen it different, and without the ability to rewind and slow-mo the action I can see why they didn't call it. Looking at the frame by frame there is a chance her toe was inside the 20cmx30cm lie area.

My screenshot is a few ms after your first, just as she turns her foot on her heal. .in realtime it looks like a BIG foot fault. . she even falls more to the right just after that.

Your first screenshot just after the release of the disc ( good job by you to make that ), i still think it´s a foot fault, she´s not really behind her disc. . .BUT it IS super hard to watch the exakt release AND the foot at the same time. . you simply can´t do it. . .so you can argue that the rule is pointless. it´s TO hard to see

If you look at the release and then looks down at her feet she will have turned her foot on her heel already and it will look like a bigger fault than it was

Last edited:
My screenshot is a few ms after your first, just as she turns her foot on her heal. .in realtime it looks like a BIG foot fault. . she even falls more to the right just after that.

Your first screenshot just after the release of the disc ( good job by you to make that ), i still think it´s a foot fault, she´s not really behind her disc. . .BUT it IS super hard to watch the exakt release AND the foot at the same time. . you simply can´t do it. . .so you can argue that the rule is pointless. it´s TO hard to see

You have to turn the quality up to 1080@60FPS to get the extra frames to try and see what is happening.

Since the basket is off to the right that is a chance she in front or right of the 20x30cm lie area, I can't tell from the video.

You have to turn the quality up to 1080@60FPS to get the extra frames to try and see what is happening.

Since the basket is off to the right that is a chance she in front or right of the 20x30cm lie area, I can't tell from the video.

Well when i saw it live i thought it was a super big fault. . but frame by frame i´m not sure anymore, i still lean towards that it is a fault

But i looked at her feet . . and doing that it is almost impossible to see exactly when she releases the disc.

So it IS hard to be sure. . thats why the rule is never called on a run-up drive

But . .WOW what a round by Cat. . she destroyed the field, i mean she beat the current world champ by 12 throws!! . . .PP played well but she´s not even close to Cat at the moment

Cat is a poor sport and should be ignored until she changes her attitude and embraces sportsmanship and professionalism.

Assuming the camera doesn't distort, she has had shoddy foot placement on fairway shots for years. I have been watching her play post-produced DG vids since 2014 Worlds and she's never cared about hitting her lie.

Fight me.