• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2019 Waco Annual Charity Open presented by Dynamic Discs

Seriously, Jomez consistently delivers next day and amazing quality videos...

We have no DGPT post produced videos yet for Waco (not even round 1 yet) and never got promised second card post produced videos from their previous tounament...

The promises broken are adding up...and the delays are not small but days long...

What is the over/under on the actual time that the final round Ricky/Paul showdown post produced videos will be available?

Guesses anyone? I'll go with Tuesday at 3pm....

We have no DGPT post produced videos yet for Waco (not even round 1 yet) and never got promised second card post produced videos from their previous tounament...

The promises broken are adding up...and the delays are not small but days long...

What is the over/under on the actual time that the final round Ricky/Paul showdown post produced videos will be available?

I'll take Tuesday at 3:00pm announcement that they lost the footage and there will be no post round coverage for the win!

Let's get a pool going. I've got Thursday at 7pm EST

This was such a disappointment. I've been avoiding any discussion or coverage of Waco so that I could enjoy the post-production videos without knowing the outcome.

I watched the Jomez coverage of the first two rounds and enjoyed it thoroughly, only to discover when their Final Round Chase Card video dropped that they didn't have lead card. So I decided to jump over to the DGPT channel to watch the final round. After forwarding through the filler at the beginning and watching the first hole, I gave up. (really, I tried...) This is just painful to watch after getting used to the quality and commentary of Jomez and CCDG.

So I jumped to the end, saw who won, and that will be it for me and the Waco coverage. If DGPT comes out with third round post-produced coverage I'll give it a try, but I am not going to fast-forward through 3:15 of mediocre video to try to enjoy the third round.

I really hope that DGPT reconsiders their approach to this.

Really pathetic performance by DGPT. This is one of those final rounds you keep going back to check YouTube to see if it dropped yet. Then you see the perfectly produced Jomez chase card, almost mocking us all. Seems like a lot of people who enjoy watching disc golf are having to eat sh*t because of someone's ego and/or stubbornness.

Commentary was on point, though. Really enjoyed it.

I liked the live coverage best when the skype connection conked out and you could hear the players talk, their reactions to shots, the sound of the throw rather than someone saying, "they really put a good move on the disc"

Good points about the video coverage though (I watched last round only): They had a lot of camera men out there. They managed well to splice chase card coverage in.

I did like the commentary. IMO they also did a good job dealing with delays in game play, walking times (ignoring ads here).

Downsides: The video quality was poor (especially drone shots). The biggest disappointment to me was the lacking DG filming experience of the camera men and camera switching crew. It just were too many shots were it was unclear were the disc landed. In regard of the many camera men they had out there somewhere ... it clearly shows how good the CCDG and Jomez guys are when it comes to camera work on the course!

Camera coverage was there but needs to improve. Why did they go to breaks with the blinding lights and people signing up and then return midflight of the drive? Difficult to watch without getting a headache.

I kinda feel like the live quality is not steadily improving, but haphazard at best. Round 1 I felt like there was good use of multicamera, showing several interesting cards, even though the cuts to them were not always ideal. Rounds 2 and 3 not so much. And there were too many missed shots. Dont even get me started about the bleeping "ads". I only watched the last round because of the battle for first. If it was somebody I dont care much about running away with the tournament, I would have tuned out long time ago.

As for the play, stellar. 2019 is shaping up to be amazing. So many lights out plays, with the usual suspects back at the very top. I used to root for Paul over Ricky, but with the sponsor changes, its much more 50:50 for me. Just hope for both to keep in interesting and on fire until the very end.

I kinda feel like the live quality is not steadily improving, but haphazard at best. Round 1 I felt like there was good use of multi-camera, showing several interesting cards, even though the cuts to them were not always ideal. Rounds 2 and 3 not so much. And there were too many missed shots. Don't even get me started about the bleeping "ads". I only watched the last round because of the battle for first. If it was somebody I don't care much about running away with the tournament, I would have tuned out long time ago.

As for the play, stellar. 2019 is shaping up to be amazing. So many lights out plays, with the usual suspects back at the very top. I used to root for Paul over Ricky, but with the sponsor changes, its much more 50:50 for me. Just hope for both to keep in interesting and on fire until the very end.

Same here, I would not have watched had someone been running away with it.

You need to buy a Comet so you can get your Paul:Ricky ratio up to at least 75:25.

I was able to avoid the final results pretty well so that I could watch the recorded version of the live coverage last night, fast forwarding through the slow parts, without knowing the results.

My only spoiler wasn't a 100% giveaway, but it definitely had me thinking. On Johnny Disc Golf's post round interviews, the "thumbnails" showed Paul smiling and Ricky looking less than happy. Had both thumbnails showed straight faces, I would have been more surpised by the results. :)

On Johnny Disc Golf's post round interviews, the "thumbnails" showed Paul smiling and Ricky looking less than happy. Had both thumbnails showed straight faces, I would have been more surpised by the results. :)

I saw the page when only Cat and Ricky's interviews were uploaded. Already knowing the results, that was nice, I thought.

Is it possible that they can't get the post production videos up because no one wants to commentate? If I was a player I wouldn't want to be affiliated with YouTube videos that receive more dislikes than likes.

lol that drive from Simon on hole 17 R3 was insane, i bet no one have landed there..EVER. . the "staff" guy looked confused :)
But i don´t really get the second shot, how and why do he play it from where he does? ( with no penalty )

And the P2 drive on 18 was totaly insane. . . P2?!?

Last edited:
lol that drive from Simon on hole 17 R3 was insane, i bet no one have landed there..EVER. . the "staff" guy looked confused :)
But i don´t really get the second shot, how and why do he play it from where he does? ( with no penalty )

He played it from where it was last in-bounds (flying over the land surrounding the basket), and he took a penalty. That's how it is supposed to happen.

Latest posts