• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2021 Ledgestone Insurance Open Aug 5-8

Caddybooks...

Northwood...https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10SUtNgfk9atG4BH9sAW5tdu7awhaGIAn

Eureka...https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10SUtNgfk9atG4BH9sAW5tdu7awhaGIAn

https://ledgestoneopen.com/event/2021/spectators.aspx
Spectating at the 2021 Ledgestone Insurance Open
The 2021 Ledgestone Insurance Open will be a great opportunity to spectate and watch some of the best players in the world. The players love spectators and enjoy having an audience. There are a few things to remember when spectating:

The players take this very seriously - for some players this is their way of making a living. Please be considerate of their needs.
Do not ask for autographs before or during the round. Please save this for after the round.
Please try to stay behind the players when they are throwing. Also, if you are in the player's line of sight please be as still as you can. Do not be moving behind the basket when they are putting.
When the players are preparing to throw, please be quiet.
Please make sure your cell phones are on silent during the round.
If a player's disc lands out of bounds do not pick it up for them. Let them get their own disc.

Spectator Badges
This year's Discraft Ledgestone Insurance Open is offering the following admission options to the event:

VIP Badge - The cost for this is $95 and gets one person free parking and admission during the entire event plus a special badge and Spectator Pack. The badge will get you special access to the VIP tent at the event (which will include snacks and food). The VIP badge will also get you an amazing Spectator Pack valued at over $150!

Here is what's in the spectator pack:
GRIPeq G Series bag (custom fabric color)
1 Limited Edition Disc
Tournament shirt
Tournament badge
And more!

Weekly Parking Pass - The cost for this is $35 and gets you a free Ledgestone disc and a free shirt. This gets one person free parking and admission to the event.

Daily Parking Pass - The cost for this is $10 per day. This gets you into Eureka or Sunset on the specific days that MPO and FPO will be playing those courses. This fee is per person. This pass is not available for Northwood, see more information below.

Northwood Note: Only VIP pass holders and Weekly Parking pass holders will be able to spectate at Northwood.

Parking Note: The above admission options are for one person. For example, if 5 people come to the park in one car for the final day of spectating, each person will need to pay $10.

Lets see if Discrafts high payed pros can tahe this down...i think Paige has only won it once and Paul twice before.

To bad Kristin had to leave, good payout. . .but good for Paige that Kristin left the US

https://twitter.com/DiscGolfProTour/status/1422982662285717504
@DiscGolfProTour
·8h
We are excited to be able to bring the DGPT to the Northwood Black course. The front 9 does not have a strong enough signal for us to confidentially provide live coverage. The coverage at Northwood will provide highlights from the front 9 with live coverage of the back 9.

E7_OEr7WYAI7Jcy

E7_OE51XsAMnfKk

E79xxJjXoAAS9dx

E79xwzaWUAQR73J

Lets see if Discrafts high payed pros can tahe this down...i think Paige has only won it once and Paul twice before.

To bad Kristin had to leave, good payout. . .but good for Paige that Kristin left the US

Catrina has won Ledgestone 5 times, I'd still put her as a favorite over Paige.

I don't know a lot about the course changes, but is it just naming convention for the new course that the women are playing Northwoods Black? They didn't even play the Gold layout the last couple years, they played Blue.

From what I understand, Northwoods Black features 12 new holes that weren't a part of the previous layouts. So it's a new course just about.

Based on what the TD and players said during the presser, it's Northwood Black is pretty much a new and different course than what they've played before. Completely new holes designed so that par is actually a good score. With the new holes being so fresh, the rough will make scrambling particularly tough, so placement is likely to be more important than distance.

FPO is playing NW Black, but it's from the short.

Course breakdown: Par: 68. Length: 10,529 feet (MPO), 8,818 feet (FPO). Baskets: DGA Mach X.

What's the deal with Northwood Black? Did Northwood get a complete redesign or were the new holes added to make for more than 18 holes on the property?

I haven't played up there in probably close to 15 years, and I believe it's went through one redesign at least since then.

Dang. KJUSA with 6 OB throws in the first 8 holes.

I just noticed Hailey King is rocking some Vans during round 1. Makes me wonder if she could pull out a gnarly kick flip at a moments notice.

Did Charlie Eisenhood narrate the old PDGA Worlds videos? His voice sounds so darn familiar