• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2021 Waco Annual Charity Open Mar 12-14

Wonder how much Colten regrets that "i´m going to prove you wrong" video?

Strange evening for them...Kona happy, Colten not so much

Either Bradley Williams has done a lot of growing up recently or he had an undeserved reputation for being a jerk. Having him [emoji441] up and hearing his encouraging comments on every single throw was awesome. Loved his interview talking about balance being the most important thing

How can you stop it? I think if you are on his card you have to pretty much bring a stop watch and with your phone record how much time he takes. But that shouldn't be on the card to have to do that. Nikko is just exploiting the rule because he knows no one will call him on it. It's so frustrating to watch him live.

2 quick thoughts on Nikko's use of time:

Like has been said, if you're gonna call him on it, you've gotta time it. One person setting a timer on their phone doesn't mean anything...meaning you'd need another person verifying that it was start/stopped in accordance correctly. If you're on his card are you really going to take yourself out of your own game by constantly clocking his time? I know for sure I'd want 100% of my focus directed at my own performance...especially with cash on the line.

One point of clarification: calling another player for excessive time does not require the use of a stopwatch. If somebody is *clearly* taking too much time, that's enough to be called on and seconded.

Players are expected to call a violation when one has clearly occurred. A call must be made promptly to be enforceable (except for misplays).

I do think Nikko abuses the time deal, but he played phenomenally as did Cale. It was great to watch.

Not a fan, but can't ask for a much more exciting round to watch.

Either Bradley Williams has done a lot of growing up recently or he had an undeserved reputation for being a jerk. Having him [emoji441] up and hearing his encouraging comments on every single throw was awesome. Loved his interview talking about balance being the most important thing

From what I understand, Brad has always been a nice dude, but used to play very quiet and reserved. Due to this he was called for multiple courtesy violations (bumping into someone while walking with his head down, not communicating when someone was talking to him about being in his line of sight for a shot). He was suspended for a year and had some injuries, giving him little to no opportunity to improve his reputation.

Seems like he's taken to heart that some people misunderstood his quiet nature and he's intentionally trying to correct that.

From what I understand, Brad has always been a nice dude, but used to play very quiet and reserved. Due to this he was called for multiple courtesy violations (bumping into someone while walking with his head down, not communicating when someone was talking to him about being in his line of sight for a shot). He was suspended for a year and had some injuries, giving him little to no opportunity to improve his reputation.

Seems like he's taken to heart that some people misunderstood his quiet nature and he's intentionally trying to correct that.

Not my understanding at all. My understanding is he has suffered from lack of impulse control multiple times in the past which led to his suspension, etc. He appears to be much better now and would make a very good commentator as well.

I completely agree with both of these thoughts. Also, I have never called anyone on time because I don't want to engage in a debate about if the playing area was "clear and free of distractions." That phrase leaves a lot of latitude for interpretation of the rule.

I encourage you to go ahead and make the call. The first call is just a warning and doesn't have to be seconded. No harm.

I've played with a lot of slow players, warned a bunch, and have never seen one who took even close to thirty seconds after that.

Usually, this means they stop taking a stroll down every fairway on every throw to look at the basket. Which has nothing to do with distractions.

But, if - and this is purely theoretical because I've never seen a warning not work - they did continue to play slow, remember you do not have to convince the thrower the area was clear and free. If you and another player on the card agree they should have thrown sooner, the call stands. The next recourse for the player is to appeal to the TD.

The rules are set up so there is no cause for arguing among players on the card if you follow the procedures in the rules.

Can a TD or other tournament official call a rules violation (foot fault, 30 second putt, etc.) or is it only other players?

Can a TD or other tournament official call a rules violation (foot fault, 30 second putt, etc.) or is it only other players?

https://www.pdga.com/rules/official-rules-disc-golf/80102

F. A Tournament Official, or Official, is a person who is authorized by the Director to make judgments regarding the proper application of the rules during play. An Official may call or confirm a rule violation by any player. An Official's call does not need to be confirmed to be enforced. An Official who is playing may not act as an Official for players who are in their division.

801.02.F
A Tournament Official, or Official, is a person who is authorized by the Director to make judgments regarding the proper application of the rules during play. An Official may call or confirm a rule violation by any player. An Official's call does not need to be confirmed to be enforced. An Official who is playing may not act as an Official for players who are in their division.

Brad seems to be working on things, and I love to see that. All that said, the reputation is deserved (and he'll tell you that if you ask him).
It crossed my mind that perhaps one reason Brad wore the mask was to literally mask his expressions and any unfortunate lip reading caught on camera.

The new-and-improved Bradley was a pleasure to watch at this year's Waco. Big Jerm, Uli and the Jomez crew gave him an opportunity to shine, going above and beyond to advertise his positive qualities. There is no question as to Bradley's talent on the disc golf course. I hope the guy continues with his new persona...good for him, good for disc golf.

Question becomes whether it is fair to have an official follow a player with a known history of flouting the rules when there is not an official following all groups. I would say yes but i suspect many others would say no. Otherwise you need 18 officials. I would suspect you would need to pay said officials as well- it is going to be a ****ty job and volunteers will fairly quickly become hard to come by, particularly when offending players pitch a fit when called.

Can anyone confirm that red disc Bradley William's was throwing all weekend was a Yeti Pro Aviar? I've recently been loving it as a throwing putter and really liked watching Bradley play. Definitely trying to emulate his form in my fieldwork sessions this weeks.