• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2022 WACO Charity Open Mar 11-13

Dead last by a LOT, too. She is at 14% and the people having a nightmare event are high 40's.

Henna is 5th in strokes gained putting this week. That's a pretty big turn around. Just a matter of time before she puts it together.

Really like Valerie Mandujanos putt, hard and flat. . .Eveliinas is to soft with to much angle.

Eveliina and Paige both hit the basket on 17 but Paiges putter just lands flat next to the basket. .Eveliinas with that angle she has rolls away in the water,

How about Luke Humphreys? Is he going to be the talk of the season (along with Burr?) I was not a fan of his personality in the skins, but thought his commentary was good.

Looks like a 3 horse race with CDick right now.

Surprised to see Stokely and Brodie going backwards after Friday.

Freddy Meza is a out if Conroe. Won the pro division a ZBo last year. One of his buddies was in my group so he tagged along for part of the round. Seemed like a real nice guy. Got a ways to go to compete in MPO, but kind of cool to see him on the board at Waco.

Wow ...Evellina did it...0% C1x and C2 and still a big lead.

She is throwing absolute laser beams off the tee right now. Paige and Cat might have 40 feet on her in distance but accuracy wise she's hitting distance gap shots as good as anyone. Conditions were tough to putt in day 1. I thought her putt looked WAY better than that disaster at the memorial. She at least hit all the short ones, some on elevated baskets in direct headwind. She also laid up (smartly) a bunch of circle edge ones too so those stats don't tell the whole story.

How are they doing this? How is Marwede -5 thru 8 in supposedly 22 mph winds and freezing temps? I am not watching, is there some sort of simpsons movie bubble over the course?

He is from the north Michigan, so playing in freezing cold and wind through the woods is something he's done a lot of. Plus that low bullet forehand shot he has is really effective in the wind, something he definitely developed in those Michigan conditions.

Scott is 52. It doesn't matter the shape he's in. Staying in a good groove is going to be hard for him. Any given day, he has the skills to compete at the top. Doing it three days in a row will be highly unlikely.

Apparently, I misread Brodie's performance. I thought they both scored better on Friday in terrible weather and then had poor rounds on Saturday in prime weather.

Anyway, that was my point. I was happy (and surprised) to see Stokely have a good round 1 in the harsh conditions and even if he didn't play great, I was expecting at least a similar score for round 2 which would have put him in a good spot for round 3. But, it was not to be. He talked about it on youtube. He said he was nervous and that was a first for him. He said that he had never felt like that playing disc golf, so something to work through.

I think he fell victim to "expectations" (his own). Honestly, I was super impressed by his Friday score.

It's good to see Valerie Mandujano doing so well today. It will be fun to watch her and Kristin battle it out in last 6 holes.

My vote for most over used term of the telecast: Ground Play. What happened to a skip or a roll?