• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2022 WACO Charity Open Mar 11-13

I wasn't trying to come off as snarky there, and I agree with you. This site IS for dissecting players. Your comments are all very valid.

Kona's social media persona seems to far outstrip her playing ability. She seems likable/personable, but I don't think she's shown enough talent on the course to be offered the kind of money she was.

I think Kona had more than enough time to learn all those discs. Why she wasn't prepared or didn't have the right discs in the bag is beyond me.

WTH happened to Paige Shue? She used to be DD's female player extraordinaire. Does she even play anymore?
Got married and popped out a baby.

I wasn't trying to come off as snarky there, and I agree with you. This site IS for dissecting players. Your comments are all very valid.

Kona's social media persona seems to far outstrip her playing ability. She seems likable/personable, but I don't think she's shown enough talent on the course to be offered the kind of money she was.

I think Kona had more than enough time to learn all those discs. Why she wasn't prepared or didn't have the right discs in the bag is beyond me.

WTH happened to Paige Shue? She used to be DD's female player extraordinaire. Does she even play anymore?

I have seen Paige on some Youtube content last couple years. I get the feeling she is juggling family life and disc golf. I was really in Kona's corner last year and hope she is able to turn it around and continue the success she has last year. She has put herself behind the proverbial 8 ball in my opinion this year, but you are right.

I have seen Paige on some Youtube content last couple years. I get the feeling she is juggling family life and disc golf. I was really in Kona's corner last year and hope she is able to turn it around and continue the success she has last year. She has put herself behind the proverbial 8 ball in my opinion this year, but you are right.

Kona's so streaky/inconsistent. She'll look really good for stretches, then have a couple bad shots which then snowball into terrible rounds/tournies.

She's a determined player who practices all the time. I think maybe the huge contract is putting a ton of pressure on her. Not only does she have to practice, play, and drive all over the damn place, she also has to crank out social media content.

That amount of money was too much for her to turn down. She's going to have to grit it out and learn the DD lineup a lot more extensively than she apparently knows it now.

I guess we'll see how the next tourny goes. I'm not going to write her off yet.

Kona's so streaky/inconsistent. She'll look really good for stretches, then have a couple bad shots which then snowball into terrible rounds/tournies.

She's a determined player who practices all the time. I think maybe the huge contract is putting a ton of pressure on her. Not only does she have to practice, play, and drive all over the damn place, she also has to crank out social media content.

That amount of money was too much for her to turn down. She's going to have to grit it out and learn the DD lineup a lot more extensively than she apparently knows it now.

I guess we'll see how the next tourny goes. I'm not going to write her off yet.

Time will tell.

Time will tell.

This. I'm not a Kona fan but...

How many of you would jump ship to another employer given a massive pay increase? Damned near all of you. You'd take the deal when the offer was made, and trust that you'd figure it and find a way to make it work.

Is she off to a disappointing start? Certainly.
But she'll figure out her bag and find a way to compete. I guess some people just don't wanna cut her any slack.

How many of you would jump ship to another employer given a massive pay increase?

Sure i would. . .but if people getting payed 10% of what i get keeps beating me, i would not feel great . . .and i would think alot about what those other players think of me.

What I don't really get with Kona is this perception that she is this social media wizard. I don't really see her doing anything more or different than any number of other touring pros.

Hell, everyone talks about Chris Dickerson's lack of social media presence and I can watch more Chris Dickerson unsanctioned disc golf content than I can for Kona.

What I don't really get with Kona is this perception that she is this social media wizard. I don't really see her doing anything more or different than any number of other touring pros.

Hell, everyone talks about Chris Dickerson's lack of social media presence and I can watch more Chris Dickerson unsanctioned disc golf content than I can for Kona.

It knocking Kona—I'm indifferent personally—but I was thinking along these same lines.

As far as her contract, that's her business and her sponsor. Not every pro succeeds in sports. Even if they get a big payday.

I think its more about the number of followers she has, not what type content she has.

Sure i would. . .but if people getting payed 10% of what i get keeps beating me, i would not feel great . . .and i would think alot about what those other players think of me.

If people getting payed 10% of what i make kept beating me, I would feel great. I would encourage them to think about what they are worth, and not to settle. If Kona is worth 250k, Paige/Cat/Kristin are worth a million

I think its more about the number of followers she has, not what type content she has.

Quick check. PP has 79k on IG, Kona has 58k. Kristin Tattar has 50k. Paige Shue has 38k.
Madison Walker has 18k. Top men "without a social media presence" such as Chris Dickerson and Adam Hammes have 42k and 32k followers.

Still doesn't seem that crazy to me.

Is 58k followers really worth as much as 50k followers and making an argument for being the best in the world? Is 58k followers really worth several times 40k or 20k followers? I can't really see people following Kona on IG, then discovering disc golf or Dynamic Discs.

Disc golf isn't mainstream like fitness where I search Youtube for a 10 minute dumbbell workout, click on Chris Heria because he is shredded , really like the work out, and become one of his 1.4 million followers.

I hate these tournament threads because I'm so far behind that I can't participate! Congrats to Valerie (and I guess Paul too).

After seeing the director handing out the little flag along with a trophy… I was thinking it would be cool for DGPT courses to fly the winning sponsor's banner until the next year. It would give a little bit of healthy nose-rub from the reigning champion.

I hate these tournament threads because I'm so far behind that I can't participate! Congrats to Valerie (and I guess Paul too).

After seeing the director handing out the little flag along with a trophy… I was thinking it would be cool for DGPT courses to fly the winning sponsor's banner until the next year. It would give a little bit of healthy nose-rub from the reigning champion.

Local tourney sponsors might not like that so much.

Title sponsors don't typically want to pay to display the competitions banner.

I was thinking it would be cool for DGPT courses to fly the winning sponsor's banner until the next year. It would give a little bit of healthy nose-rub from the reigning champion.

What if the reigning champion has changed sponsors?

Performance tracks.

FPO
attachment.php

MPO
attachment.php

Attachments

• WACO2022FPO.jpg
    WACO2022FPO.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 178
  • WACO2022MPO.jpg
    WACO2022MPO.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 177