• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: Discraft's Green Mountain Championship Sept. 12-15

Yes I know weddings are a big deal in America..but I still don't get why you want to spend so much time planing...and spend an insane amount of money to put you in debt longer than the marriage will last for "one big day"

I love free food and drinks so you'd think I'd be into big weddings but I absolutely hate everything about them. I'd rather be in a 3rd world prison than a wedding party again, ugh.

I've been udisc scoring 2 groups a day (morning women and afternoon men)...

Today did Paige, Cat, Jessica, and Kona in the morning and Messersmith, Orum, Melton and Oakley in the afternoon...

I have never seen anyone (and I've scored several tounaments) as "checked our" as Cat...she never talked to the other players, she sat on her own on every tee...she wore earpods and couldn't even hear what her cardmates were saying to her on the course over the music...she rushed most of her shots...she didn't even show at the scorers tent, just said that she was good with whatever the scores were...it seemed like she had no interest in being there at all...

Kind of sad to hear about Cat, but might be a result of her being 25 throws behind the leader . .

Kind of sad to hear about Cat, but might be a result of her being 25 throws behind the leader . .

That's just Cat though. She does it when she's winning. There doesn't need to be a reason that makes sense to anyone, it's just how she rolls.

Leadcard is playing terrible today. . with play like this it´s hard to believe that Paige and Cat are so far behind

Leadcard is playing terrible today. . with play like this it´s hard to believe that Paige and Cat are so far behind

Not if you consider they're playing in the exact same conditions and therefore could be having the same type of "terrible" rounds themselves.

Paige P is now up to 17 OBs on FOX Run in her last four rounds on this course

she didn't even show at the scorers tent, just said that she was good with whatever the scores were..

Not gonna comment on the other stuff, but as the Scoring Director for the tournament, this really bothered me. I really think competitors should be required to take just a few extra minutes to check their scores with their card mates in the scoring room. 224 out of 225 competitors in this competition were able to manage that no problem. :\

Not gonna comment on the other stuff, but as the Scoring Director for the tournament, this really bothered me. I really think competitors should be required to take just a few extra minutes to check their scores with their card mates in the scoring room. 224 out of 225 competitors in this competition were able to manage that no problem. :\

Maybe she's just trying to avoid you. And really, who can blame her?

:p

Why exactly? It's clear she wants no part of it.

Paige P is now up to 17 OBs on FOX Run in her last four rounds on this course

She still managed to pull 4th tho.

Definitely a different tournament, I'm a Paige P fan but with as little attention as the gals get sometimes it's cool to see a different crowd in the top 10.

As long as she "signed off" on the score, who cares if she doesn't want to hang out at the tent?

If they want to be considered professionals at a professional sport one of the faces of disc golf shouldn't do that.

If not then I agree with you. :)

As long as she "signed off" on the score, who cares if she doesn't want to hang out at the tent?

She didn't have the courtesy to check the scores of her fellow card mates. She could do that at the 18th green or at a picnic table or anywhere else, it doesn't have to actually be in the scoring room.

But to make her last putt and say "I'm good with whatever the scores were.." and immediately get in her car and leave? After one bad round and a competitor is really upset, I could maybe understand. But doing so intentionally after all four rounds? That's just rude. :thmbdown:

She still managed to pull 4th tho.

Definitely a different tournament, I'm a Paige P fan but with as little attention as the gals get sometimes it's cool to see a different crowd in the top 10.

Yes i can be fun to see somebody "new" on the live cards. . but, did the live get as many views without the top names on the cards?
You heard them say yesterday that the crowd followed Paiges card, very few people with the lead card

the MPO card have two big names that people like to follow, and two "new" thats not on the leadcard every week. . a nice mix

My thoughts exactly.

Honestly I don't think people are reading the signs well enough here though. Social anxiety can manifest itself in many ways, and forcing people to "act normal" can be severely detrimental. Sometimes the spotlight pressure can exacerbate otherwise benign symptoms too, so maybe when someone wants to recoil from uncomfortable situations we could just let them and not act like they owe us acknowledgement, a smile, some form of conformance or whatever else people cook up in their heads.

Cat doesn't owe anybody a damn thing. It may very well be a super challenging thing for her to just show up at a tourney, we don't know and she doesn't owe us an explanation either.