• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGR PDs -> Thanks For Playing!

Timko said:
Jeronimo said:
Timko said:
Jeronimo said:
Do not hit a rock or solid object with your P-PD's. I did, I wish I hadn't. In fact, its what makes me wish I'd bought like 12 of these from Timko.

It's pro plastic, what did you expect?

Come on Timko, you know Pro isn't typically THAT bad. These stiff pro's feel a LOT like DX in my hands, and scar just as easily.

Actually, I can see that. The max weight P's and lighter reds were nicer plastics IMO. I know people like that stiffy P, but it's not for me. I'll probably trade the 3 I've got at some point.

Dibs!

I've got Chartuese ones. I'll wait to see if someone gets another run together, and maybe trade them. Until then, they're in my throwing stock box.

jubuttib said:
I got my first throws in with my new P-PDs and it's starting to seem like I might replace every other driver in my bag with just different versions of the PD. The 168 red and 172 pink are almost as long as my P-DDs and still work well when powered down to replace the CDs. The 158 yellow I got is one damn good turning driver, kicked the Sidewinders out of my bag instantly.

Thanks again Timko!

I too have a 158 P PD and two 157s. The first tosses were on a sand/gravel surface. Only a few throws and each of them got visible damage to the flashing. Today one of them flew in a mild rear wind with just slow x steps with a flat release without flipping (lasered almost no fade) to around 380'. Had I taken a full speed run up with a high s-curve booom! Bad ass rear wind flyer. OTOH everything was flying far today :) Weight lifting works.

The flight plate is soft on these discs.

JR said:
jubuttib said:
I got my first throws in with my new P-PDs and it's starting to seem like I might replace every other driver in my bag with just different versions of the PD. The 168 red and 172 pink are almost as long as my P-DDs and still work well when powered down to replace the CDs. The 158 yellow I got is one damn good turning driver, kicked the Sidewinders out of my bag instantly.

Thanks again Timko!

I too have a 158 P PD and two 157s. The first tosses were on a sand/gravel surface. Only a few throws and each of them got visible damage to the flashing. Today one of them flew in a mild rear wind with just slow x steps with a flat release without flipping (lasered almost no fade) to around 380'. Had I taken a full speed run up with a high s-curve booom! Bad ass rear wind flyer. OTOH everything was flying far today :) Weight lifting works.

The flight plate is soft on these discs.
I just checked, it's actually a 156, remembered it wrong.

Yeah, we also had a nice back left->right wind occasionally, hit a high anhyzer and the discs just kept speeding up and went damn long. I was also starting to feel like my old self again after a while of barely reaching 320'. I didn't really feel any particularly good hits (meaning I still lack snap totally), but I was reaching 380' on my best throws even with controlled line drives. One thing I did focus on was getting the nose down, and it really is amazing how different the disc flies. You don't even really have to hit it well to get it to go a long way if you get the nose down.

Have you thrown any sub-160 P-PDs before and if you have, how do they compare with the DGR PDs?

Edit: I went for a few late evening throws in a near by park, and I retract my statement about the P-PD's durability. I must've gotten lucky on the field, I only hit a few trees and some gravel and this things scraping up like it's made out of Boss type R-Pro or something (well okay, maybe not that bad). I've already had to bust out the X-acto and sanding paper. Still only cosmetic damage though, flies the same.

The softness of the plastic reminds me of Pro Wraiths I just hope that the durability is better. I've got a 166 P PD Freak that was cut deep from hitting a fence at 40 m. That's the lightest non DGR P PD I've thrown. A 150 S after breaking in is nice too. Gotta get some field practice done with it :-D

JR said:
The softness of the plastic reminds me of Pro Wraiths I just hope that the durability is better. I've got a 166 P PD Freak that was cut deep from hitting a fence at 40 m. That's the lightest non DGR P PD I've thrown. A 150 S after breaking in is nice too. Gotta get some field practice done with it :-D
I meant how does it compare flightwise. =)

If mafa asks me to come with him to throw different PDs in half an hour when he collects his discs I'll do a comparison provided we'll find an unoccupied field. My finger doesn't allow normal power grip even when taped up and it's been too long since I threw my S 150. So I really can't get optimal or reliable results. The lightest P PDs I've thrown are the DGR ones. I have a 166 P Freak.

Even though I've had a long pause from throwing a 150 S probably of the most overstable run that's broken in it's still much more LSS and probably close in HSS to my new DGR P PD 156. S 150 is much shorter due to significantly less airtime from the early fade losing lift but it is flat and fast so the distance difference ain't as much there is between a laser and a pig usually.

If any of you are planning on running more DGR PDs, please contact me via PM, because I need to give you permission to use the stamp. Mark contacted me and said there was some interest.

My DGR P-PDs (Red) is the same stiffness as my (pink) freak P - PDs and has comparable flight characteristics. However my freak red P-PDs are much softer then the red DGR P - PDs. I was going to make a concentrated test today to check all my P-PDs against each other. I have thrown them but to be honest it was more of a check on the disc in particular and I did not concern myself with the color (except for the pink as it has been my work horse disc recently) . But my testing today would not be conclusive as I play in a canyon and the wind is about 25 mph so it is difficult to test with the nasty cross winds. I am curious as if others are seeing differences from DGRs compared to the freak stamped one.

My general observations from the ones I have

I have

2 red P – P- PDs DGR - Same stiffness as my pink freaks.
2 red – P – PDs Freak – Softer then the DGR reds. Very noticeable
3 Pink P – PDs freak - same as the red dgrs
2 white – P – PDs soft and same as the Red Freak P- PDs

CHEERS - Koffee

Just got mine here in Canuckistan today and they look sweeeet. Can't wait to see them fly. Thanks again! :mrgreen:

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMjktMjAxMDA1MjEtMTE1M.jpg