• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Contracts (Green Mountain drift)

I'm not interested enough to watch Paige's interview since this convo is about Kona, but that is definitely interesting that she said this. It seems like justification more than anything.

There are so many better players doing better things out there right now, I'm not sure Kona warrants all this attention right now. I am more interested in what players like Holyn Handley will do. She has only been on tour for 2 years and has been tearing it up!

It's a good time to be watching disc golf for sure.

Agreed. Kona missed the cut and her results are lackluster at best. I don't understand the obsession some have for her. BUT, that is what is being discussed here, so that's what I opined about. I like to see players excel. It would be particularly satisfying to see her play well with all the these "haters".

It's squirrelly to me. We don't talk about other players that finish in 40th in general. I want her to succeed more because it will upset the haterz than anything. These people seem like a-holes to me. Jealous people that get some weird personal pleasure from her failure. Note, none of the haterz have said WHY they hate on her. If she were anti-puppy or something that would be good enough to ignore but the cheerhaterz won't explain there cause.
It's like picking a random person on the street to mock.

I'll look for your thread about Handley, so we can discuss that without distraction.

I expect you to parse my words to find ways to both disagree with me and simultaneously impugn me morally. I don't know if this is a calculated position to play games, or just some kind of pathological issue. You always seem to strive to turn a conversation into a confrontation with judgement. That's not just with me, it's what you do with everyone. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Agreed. Kona missed the cut and her results are lackluster at best. I don't understand the obsession some have for her. BUT, that is what is being discussed here, so that's what I opined about. I like to see players excel. It would be particularly satisfying to see her play well with all the these "haters".

It's squirrelly to me. We don't talk about other players that finish in 40th in general. I want her to succeed more because it will upset the haterz than anything. These people seem like a-holes to me. Jealous people that get some weird personal pleasure from her failure. Note, none of the haterz have said WHY they hate on her. If she were anti-puppy or something that would be good enough to ignore but the cheerhaterz won't explain there cause.
It's like picking a random person on the street to mock.

I'll look for your thread about Handley, so we can discuss that without distraction.

I expect you to parse my words to find ways to both disagree with me and simultaneously impugn me morally. I don't know if this is a calculated position to play games, or just some kind of pathological issue. You always seem to strive to turn a conversation into a confrontation with judgement. That's not just with me, it's what you do with everyone. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Oh Lord here we go, just a matter of time with you.

On the other end of the accomplishment spectrum Paige said in the the MVP interviews that she doesn't really care right now and she's good with it. (Don't take that as an opportunity to debate me, go watch her interview and make of it what you will).

I watched Paige's interview during the MVP presser, and think it can be interpreted a few different ways.

I took it as her trying to keep her mindset positive, and not let it mess with her head when she doesn't finish a in the top "pick a #."

Putting too much pressure on yourself to perform can be counterproductive. It's pretty common to see athletes perform well when they're loose and relaxed.

I think that's where she's trying to get her mental game. She mentioned finding striking a balance between not caring and caring to much.

She also mentioned her C2 putting, so she knows what part of her game she wants to work on. I think she's simply trying to set herself up to succeed, by not making it solely about the results.

But the real question is, does anyone actually REALLY care?

Well.....we have pages of discussion. Seems we have hashed a few things out. We seem to care about a player we don't really know anything about, who has a contract that we don't really know anything about. She was given the contract for reasons we don't really know anything about, from a company we don't really know much about. We do know she is a top 50 female player on the planet and that bothers some. So....yes, it seems some care. I am not really sure what they care about or why, but they certainly seem to care.

Well.....we have pages of discussion. Seems we have hashed a few things out. We seem to care about a player we don't really know anything about, who has a contract that we don't really know anything about. She was given the contract for reasons we don't really know anything about, from a company we don't really know much about. We do know she is a top 50 female player on the planet and that bothers some. So....yes, it seems some care. I am not really sure what they care about or why, but they certainly seem to care.

A portion of Kona's bonuses are based on "# of pages of DGCR Forum devoted to her".

where is your thread about HH?

Thread police alert.

I assume you meant Holyn Handley? She is definitely a name to watch and likely will be in a position for contract in my opinion. If you look at topic name it is about contract so go elsewhere to bicker.

I'm going to guess that Tattar will have a million dollar contract in the near future and that Lat. 64/DD won't match that for anyone else on their teams.

I have to disagree with you about the amount we know, and emphasize that the industry (manufacturers, players, podcasters, commentators, etc.) want us to know more. Of course, the industry (mostly) provides selective information in order to capture more eyes, ears, and merch sales; but they do want us to care.

Apparently, Panis' sphere of influence is much larger and more significant than any of us thought.

Hyundai's seen a sharp drop n Kona sales, month over month from 2021 to 2022:
attachment.php

Coincidence?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220923-075317.jpg
    Screenshot_20220923-075317.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Apparently, Panis' sphere of influence is much larger and more significant than any of us thought.

Hyundai's seen a sharp drop n Kona sales, month over month from 2021 to 2022:
attachment.php

Coincidence?

Too funny. I was in town yesterday behind a new line green Kona and thought about making a post along these lines.

It's too bad she didn't couple up with Gregg: she could be Kona the Barsbarian.

Though since she did couple up with Colten, isn't it strange that the biggest win on both their resumes is Waco?