• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf course

bpierce08

Cubby Ace Member
hi my name is bryan and i have posted before on this topic but i have more info. im trying to get a new course put into decatur illinois and i have some good news that the park district has considered putting a course in. they are considering more than one idea and disc golf was one so i need everyone to suggest disc golf would be the best choice to put in the park please. if you would that would be awesome and id greatly appreciate it. thank you all so very much and have a great night. here is the link below you can copy and paste.

http://www.decaturslakefront.com/index.php/submit-suggestion/#wpcf7-f1-p31-o1

sent. everybody please make note to ask for a designer (tell them you can refer some good people, even if you can't right now) that has PLAYED disc or at least designed a course that didnt suck.

I put in a suggestion on that link:

Decatur could benefit from the addition of a disc golf course. It is a sport that appeals to a wide spread of demographics, with players from small children to 80+ year olds involved, both recreational and competitive. It's a sport that has very low impact on the park or the environment, and can often use land that is less ideal for other park uses with minimal changes. It is a very low cost sport, both for installation of equipment (a championship level course can cost less than a single piece of playground equipment), and for players to to start, making it appealing even for people who might only play occasionally. Decatur is located close enough to St. Louis, Chicago and Indianapolis that players will certainly travel that distance to play a well designed course, bringing traffic and economic benefit to the area. A course that has been designed by a reputable designer to be a tournament caliber course can bring in large numbers of people for competitive events who will spend money on lodging and food while in town. Local businesses can also benefit from the sale of disc golf equipment and apparel as the sport grows in popularity in the area. Please consider disc golf as a future part of Decatur's recreational options.

I also submitted a suggestion. I actually moved here (Decatur) in March and was highly disappointed that there wasn't a course here. Mind you, I moved here from the Quad Cities where there's like 30 courses...but Decatur needs at least 1.

I also submitted a suggestion. I actually moved here (Decatur) in March and was highly disappointed that there wasn't a course here. Mind you, I moved here from the Quad Cities where there's like 30 courses...but Decatur needs at least 1.

absolutely agree have you played bloomington courses they are great.. worth the drive! and thank you for all who have replied..

Just wanted to update this thread and let everyone know that decatur is suppose to be having a disc golf course put in this summer. They are in process in finding a designer and has the potential of being a great course. I will update everyone when they actually get this course put in the ground. thanks for everyone who had submitted a post to help decatur get a disc golf course put in.

Just an update if anyone wants to know that decatur finally got a disc golf course put in of course right after i move out of town.. but i have played it and it is a fantastic course and recommend it to anyone traveling through Illinois!

Latest posts