• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in a Dress - PDGA Rule Change

<sigh>, I heart u DGCR.

OK, most important point in the thread:

The BLT might just possibly be the perfect sandwich. It has to have heirloom tomatoes, though.

Besides the tomato chosen, the most important factor is the bacon itself. HAS to be about medium-well. Done enough to have a little snap, and not be fatty and pull out of the sandwich, but not so done that it's hard and brittle. Critical.

A few of the responses here have inspired me to propose to the DGCR BOD a new emoticon. Just to spitball a couple of design concepts:

Attachments

• cry.jpg
    cry.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 2
  • tissues.jpg
    tissues.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 3
stfu.gif

Also reported that post. All emoticons must be dressed in well-tailored clothing and a maximum width of 1cm.

So maybe it's just me, but doesn't the second part seem to negate the first part? In reality a strap that narrow and the design in and of itself doesn't seem to lend well to covering the first part of the rule as it is essentially a tank top NOT a sleeveless shirt.

"All players must wear a shirt covering their upper chest area. A well-tailored shirt with a collar and sleeves covering the upper arm shall be considered acceptable. Tank tops are not allowed for any competitor, but women may wear sleeveless shirts with collars.

Women may also wear well-tailored one-piece tennis dresses with minimum 1 inch wide shoulder straps. (added 12/17/2013)"

Furthermore, the part of it all that I have noticed isn't so much the upper portion of said dress vs the lower part and how short and flowy (is that a word?) they are. Additionally with how high in general I have seen women lift their rear leg while putting, unintentionally showing their goods, now hopefully them being modest enough to wear some type of undergarment. THUS revealing a larger issue in the dress code that there are no regulation specifically about the lower part of ones outfit OTHER than that "No ripped shirts, shorts, or pants will be allowed on the course." Therefore in essence a girl could wear bikini bottoms and a drifit polo?? OR for that matter being completely outrageous a guy could wear a speedo??

I think this is a typical example of the whole "cant see the forest because of the trees" concept

Now obviously I'm taking things to an extreme in that example however the fact of the matter is that you cannot fix stupidity and cannot force modesty or common sense or anything else however you want to describe it. I personally don't think this was a direct attack on Holly because of her choice in attire. I cannot speak as to why the rule violation was brought up, it just was and that is all that matters in reality. I went and looked at a number of the female pros profiles and nearly all of them can be seen in a skort or sports skirt at some point in time. To me that is a sign that the women aren't averse to this type of apparel being allowed, I just think this was the first time such a circumstance has been brought up.

That is all a lot of words just simply to say I feel the dress code change was necessary albeit rash and not properly thought thru entirely to prevent additional changes being required in a short time span...basically making one change to cover it all instead of back to back multiples because others bring up additional valid points.

<sigh>, I heart u DGCR.

OK, most important point in the thread:

Besides the tomato chosen, the most important factor is the bacon itself. HAS to be about medium-well. Done enough to have a little snap, and not be fatty and pull out of the sandwich, but not so done that it's hard and brittle. Critical.

A few of the responses here have inspired me to propose to the DGCR BOD a new emoticon. Just to spitball a couple of design concepts:

Brother, my concerns are the same. The definition of perfect cooked bacon (for a blt) is up for discussion and we gotta take that into consideration. Personally I do agree that medium-well cooked bacon, crunchy yet supple, much like the iceberg lettuce of which a perfect blt would have imo, is the way to go. But if we're talking perfection, we gotta consider the disagreements, cuz stuff like this is only dependent on a definition that others care about. Ya figure?

Here's my thought, which can change:
- white bread, lightly toasted and cooled
- standard mayo (full fat)
- iceberg lettuce, thin single leaf (didn't think Boston had enough crunch)
- bacon(plain), multiple thin cut, medium well cooked
- ugly tomatoes (uglier, the better)

It goes bread, mayo, tomatoes, bacon, lettuce bread. Always cut diagonally.

Here's the problem though. This creation cannot be consumed by all my human brethren. Thusly at best, we are only defining a perfect blt, one which can have a myriad of disagreements and variation.

Ok, now replace the above as such:
- men dgers=those that cant consume pig
- blt=women dg apparel
- perfect blt=professional women dg apparel

As I see it, some lady brought in some garlic aioli (tennis dress) into the pdga cafeteria. After embarassing the patroness who turned out to be a chef, Pdga got wooed by the 3 syllabled word and now theyre serving garlic aioli on the side with their 'perfect blt'.

Garlic aioli is delicious on cheese curds, though.

I dont deny that (garlic anything is wonderful) but on a blt, nothing should attempt to usurp the bacon. Some may claim the garlic aioli 'compliments' the bacon, but I feel its true infatuation is working with the tomatoes.