• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in North Carolina

NC has the 8th most DG courses in the USA. 188 courses is twice as many as SC (S. Carolina)

This part is true. I'd have guessed it was 3 times as many. South Carolina just started wakening from its disc golf slumber in the last decade or so, really odd since we're right between the hotbeds of Augusta and Charlotte.

The Triangle area is the 31st best place to live for high quality disc golf.

Yes, it is a good area for DG. There are parts of town that either have less access or longer drives to courses, but most times you can drive anywhere around here in under 30 minutes. Raleigh itself is probably the worst area. One older, shorter course and one decent course that is usually crowded. But if you can access Durham, Chapel Hill and the west side of town you'll be good. If you get stuck on the east side of town you can head to Zebulon. Plus there is a fair amount of private courses within a reasonable drive. The toughest decision for you will be whether you pretend to be a NC St, Duke or UNC fan. Good luck.

Thanks for the info! I'm actually kind of already a Heels fan so I think I'll continue to pretend to be a fan of them lol

If the Trojans had been around as long as the Gamecocks have been U.S.C., they'd be U.N.M (University of Northern Mexico). And we'll claim at least equal rights to "Carolina", too.

Sorry, gmoney, if you think this is thread drift....but if you're really considering moving to Raleigh, you'll need to know this stuff.

Yes indeed. Vital info! haha

Thanks for the info! I'm actually kind of already a Heels fan so I think I'll continue to pretend to be a fan of them lol

You'll fit in perfectly with the other heels fans. You pretend to be a fan, you call yourself Gmoney already, and you probably can't find Chapel Hill on a map without the GPS in the beamer your dad bought you. :D really no offense OP it's just kinda hostile down here with ACC basketball.

You'll fit in perfectly with the other heels fans. You pretend to be a fan, you call yourself Gmoney already, and you probably can't find Chapel Hill on a map without the GPS in the beamer your dad bought you. :D really no offense OP it's just kinda hostile down here with ACC basketball.

:hfive: Don't forget to swing by Walmart for your baby blue apparel.

Man, some of you are rough on us rednecks. As for your question about disc golf in my home state, well we have a few very nice players who call it home. Additionally, we have a number of public and private courses to choose from. Two new course have been opened in the last few weeks bringing the total to over 20 courses within 30 minutes of my house. The two new courses are not up on DGCR yet. One opened this week in Zebulon and the other is in Apex.

Funny thing is that companies such as SAS and Cisco among others have put in courses for employees and there guest. So, while many people talk about building interest we are getting corporate support and investment in the sport. Anyhow, it's ok if we are overlooked by the masses, that leaves plenty of space for those of us(rednecks) who call this place home.