• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Traditions

I would love to see a new tradition of everyone packing out their Keystone Light and Bud Light cans after they get done drinking them. I would love to see a tradition of keeping wooded areas natural and areas around tee boxes clean and free of trash.

That would be a step in the right direction. I know that most groups I play with will high 5 as they get ready to play the finishing hole as opposed to after the round is over.

I agree with milow. I am pretty tired of people leaving their trash all over the course. Pack it in, pack it out...pretty simple. I have volunteered to pick up trash on the side of the Interstate before and it is ridiculous what people will throw out of their car windows.

I just put the date, course, and hole number on the back of the disc after an ace. Signatures take up too much space on the disc - I'd rather save room for when I get that next one.

I get the signature of one guy...for proof purposes...witness...but i too put course, date, and hole...unfortuatly my ace disc looks something like this...4/1/09--hole 8 bertrand 4/1/09 hole 9 bertrand (yes back to back aces on april fools :( )

As a tradition, all my friends and I score much higher numbers than we know we can- to make everyone else feel better about themselves,:rolleyes:
Oh , and the swear at the trees thing, but, I do take it back right away- cause they can help a lot too:)

I would love to see a new tradition of everyone packing out their Keystone Light and Bud Light cans after they get done drinking them. I would love to see a tradition of keeping wooded areas natural and areas around tee boxes clean and free of trash.

That would be a step in the right direction. I know that most groups I play with will high 5 as they get ready to play the finishing hole as opposed to after the round is over.

I have seen that trend over the last few years. There are more and more new Dg'ers who are doing that. Pas bon.

We are fortunate to have use of so much public land. Only a nitwit would litter the forest. I have little tolerance for litterbugs.

For a casual round we usually do "2 on 1"- take two drives on the first hole and you get to play either. Makes up for a lack of warm up.

I don't know about "tradition," but it is funny what we do to be lazy- you know at least one hole on your course where people set down their bags on the way to the basket if they have to backtrack to the next pad.

And at Cornwallis in Durham, we usually start on 3 because it is right on the road where you park and you have to walk before and after the round if you start on 1. People do a similar thing at Chapel Hill, but the hill there is nasty so I guess it's not as lazy.

As for discs landing on top of each other, the one on top owes the other guy a mini. (Get it? 2 discs, mini? Never mind:D). I've never seen anyone actually collect on this tho...

We don't sign each others' discs for an ace, we date our own disc and the pole on the basket.

In and around Tupelo, MS (north MS) we also do all the mentioned but frown upon signing poles, coins, tee signs, etc. It looks more like graffiti/vandalism after a period of time.

It looks more like graffiti/vandalism after a period of time.

Agreed.

If ya think about it the parks dept's own the property (baskets)... not the DG community.

If you ask the Parks Dept folks, they will call it vandalism... is my guess.

Whenever I get an ace, I pour motor oil into the ground surrounding the basket to symbolize my love for the whales and turtles that died to give us this great sport/recreational activity. Long live the seals that I clubbed to make my discs out of natural fibers!!! Huzzzahhh!!!!

We are fortunate to have use of so much public land. Only a nitwit would litter the forest. I have little tolerance for litterbugs.

I feel ya. I sometimes hear the excuse "Well there's no trash cans.." I don't understand that logic. If ur gunna pack it in... pack it out, plain & simple.

Here in TX we have tons of courses and obviously a large state to work w/ but.... here's an interesting fact: only 2% of TX's land area is publically owned... yet people still choose to trash up their parks :confused:

OK, I must admit...... I sure have littered quite a few discs over the years, not to mention quite a few pairs of sunglasses (I used to set them on top of my bag while I tossed & proceeded to forget abt them).... :p

OK, I must admit...... I sure have littered quite a few discs over the years, not to mention quite a few pairs of sunglasses (I used to set them on top of my bag while I tossed & proceeded to forget abt them)....

There is a difference.

Some folks show total disregard. You do not sound anywhere close to that.

I have seen enough litter deep within courses to where it had to be dg'ers.

Pas bon. Disc thieves and litterbugs all taste like chicken.

Whenever I get an ace, I pour motor oil into the ground surrounding the basket to symbolize my love for the whales and turtles that died to give us this great sport/recreational activity. Long live the seals that I clubbed to make my discs out of natural fibers!!! Huzzzahhh!!!!

thats funny stuff.... I think you should light the ground around the basket on fire to make it more official.

There is a difference.

Some folks show total disregard. You do not sound anywhere close to that.

I have seen enough litter deep within courses to where it had to be dg'ers.

Pas bon. Disc thieves and litterbugs all taste like chicken.

Oh, ya, bad joke sorry. I am one of those guys who you'll see on the course filling up his bag w/ other people's trash. I'll sometimes even take it back to the house so I can recycle it. Some people look at me a little weird but I'd rather have a clean course. It got to a pt. where me & my best DG buddy got tired of complaining abt the trash and decided to p/u what we could when we saw it.

I do know that some underage kids (non dg'ers) use the deep woods @ local DG courses (more-so in DFW than Austin) as a place where they can drink & not get caught and proceed to leave their evidence behind,...so I don't think (maybe, rather the better word is: hope) that all the litter deep in the woods belongs to fellow dg'ers.

BTW, what does Pas bon mean?

By the way, what does Pas bon mean?

Latest posts