• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

Yeah the L/G Ballista is, maddeningly, like 10 feet shorter on a full rip, which is just enough to screw you on several holes. Maybe it's a good change though? If you don't really nail the short tee shot on the island hopper, going for the eagle is a huge risk. Probably the way it should be. I've also been unable to reach the over-the-hill and down-across-to-the-island hole lately.

Just purchased the Pro version from Pro shop. Finally came available. Definitely helps on a couple holes. It reaches the albatross hole even in a 2 headwind. It does sometimes reach the over the hill cross the creek hole. Still testing it out...

Anyone able to fill up all 12 spots in their bag? I unlocked all but 1. Spot 11 cost me 10,000. But now the final spot is locked with no options in the pro shop to buy the last one, at least for the past few days.

I don't really need it, I only use 10 discs anyways for now. So hooray for the upgrade from the old 6 limit!

I throw a stiletto. Lefty too.

Anyone able to fill up all 12 spots in their bag? I unlocked all but 1. Spot 11 cost me 10,000. But now the final spot is locked with no options in the pro shop to buy the last one, at least for the past few days.

I don't really need it, I only use 10 discs anyways for now. So hooray for the upgrade from the old 6 limit!
Not yet--I spent all my coin on that Ballista! Saving back up though, there are 10 discs I would like to have in my bag, have 8 now. Since a putter has to go into the putter pouch, I finally started throwing a pure again on longer throw-ins (I hate calling 150' a putt!). Seems to move a bit less than the fuse. I actually still prefer my fuse on actual putts (up to 50'). Just doesn't fade as much. And throw-ins up to about 100'. Guess it's all personal preference though.

Not yet--I spent all my coin on that Ballista! Saving back up though, there are 10 discs I would like to have in my bag, have 8 now. Since a putter has to go into the putter pouch, I finally started throwing a pure again on longer throw-ins (I hate calling 150' a putt!). Seems to move a bit less than the fuse. I actually still prefer my fuse on actual putts (up to 50'). Just doesn't fade as much. And throw-ins up to about 100'. Guess it's all personal preference though.

I use the Pure now for actual putts - still use the Fuse for all throw-ins, regardless of distance

This is interesting, and I hadn't thought about it until this above conversation. I find myself in this game at about the same point I am in my irl game.

Irl, 11 years ago or so I started with an innova starter pack except for the wizard that I already had. I added a destroyer, teebird, firebird and that's pretty much my bag. I never was interested in trying the newest greatest molds - my brain just isn't made to store all of that information about different brands/speeds/plastics - especially when they're changing every day. I stick with what I know, my bag today is very much the same as my bag 10 years ago.

DGV - I never thought about it the same way by any means, until this conversation, I realize my approach is exactly the same. I built up my current bag by level 30 or so. And they work fine, I have no real desire to try out all the new discs and attributes.. I can only process so much. My bag today is the same as it was 60 levels ago. 6 discs, no putter, 2 ballistas, w/acc explorer w/acc musket.

In both instances I imagine that I could be a better player if I just tried it... *Shrugs*

What's up with the ratings? I was sitting at 835 (advanced) and finished a pro tour placing in the mid 600s. All 4 rounds were rated well above my current rating yet I was dropped 32 points to an 803 now?

What am I missing?

Did you mean mid 800s? Rating is based on a rolling 25 round average of pro tour and multi-player rounds. Pro tour rounds are double counted.

On a side note, for me, round ratings seem to be jumping around quite a bit. They were much lower for a short time (like a -12 895 rating), but now seem to be back up (like a -6 1005).

I've actually never stressed about round ratings, they change frequently. They are like the weather.

What's up with the ratings? I was sitting at 835 (advanced) and finished a pro tour placing in the mid 600s. All 4 rounds were rated well above my current rating yet I was dropped 32 points to an 803 now?

What am I missing?

Multiplayer rounds count towards your rating also

What am I missing?

Multiplayer rounds count towards your rating also

If you go to player profile you can see all 25 rounds that count toward your rating. It looks like your 10 most recent multiplayer and 15 most recent pro tour rounds count. In the old days, pro tour rounds counted twice as much, but I'm not totally sure at this point.

If you go to player profile you can see all 25 rounds that count toward your rating. It looks like your 10 most recent multiplayer and 15 most recent pro tour rounds count. In the old days, pro tour rounds counted twice as much, but I'm not totally sure at this point.

10 most recent MP rounds
12 most recent pro tour
Pro tour rounds still count double (as far as I'm aware)

With th elatest patch i have some questions about disc attributes.

Looks like you dont want the "light" attribute on drivers any more? Extra gilde/big skip seems to be the longest drivers now?

Do you still need the "extra turn" with a roller disc?

I see so many heavy putters now. Did that change and is good now? Used to be accurate and either glide or sticky.

Not that it's easy to get new discs now with the airplane mode glitch gone. But it helps to know what i should be looking for.

With th elatest patch i have some questions about disc attributes.

Looks like you dont want the "light" attribute on drivers any more? Extra gilde/big skip seems to be the longest drivers now?

I see so many heavy putters now. Did that change and is good now? Used to be accurate and either glide or sticky.

Not that it's easy to get new discs now with the airplane mode glitch gone. But it helps to know what i should be looking for.

My take is that glide is king for distance. Skip seems to be second most helpful for distance, hence the Glide/Skip Ballista as the new distance bomber. Light still has small benefit for high lines or uphill throws, but definitely isn't as big for gaining distance as it used to be. Wind doesn't seem to me to have quite the wind resistance it used to, but it's still pretty darn useful. The Wind/Accurate mids and fairways are still the best in general, and the Wind/Glide drivers (Recoil, Havoc, Ballista) are all solid. Sticky seems a little more useful to me these days as well, since the ground play got a little more slippery. I still use a Pure for a lot of throw-ins and like the Acc/Sticky for that role. I also bag an Acc/Sticky Compass essentially just for the one Lakeside mando hole.

Not really sure about heavy. OrangePie recently mentioned liking his for putts, but I'm a little skeptical that heavy or sticky attributes provide any benefit for sticking in the chains.

The cool thing about the bigger bag is that now we get to see a little more spread among even the top players. Maybe it will change at some point, but right now it seems like there are little differences between most players' bags.

I'm not really sure it was ever necessary. We may have just assumed it was because that's what we're used to in real life. Watch orangepie's video on rollers. He recommends a Roll/Fade Ballista and has a video showing how to use it. YouTube user name is Orangepie86

I'm inclined to believe a Roll/Wind Ballista would be useful too, though I haven't ever invested much in the DGV roller game, especially since the Wind/Glide and Skip/Glide Ballistas are so solid.

And by the way, be on the lookout for the Light/Glide Balista Pro. I got one on level up a couple days ago, but almost missed it since I thought it was just a L/G Ballista. This is apparently what the L/G Ballista used to be, according to URDIZZLE.

I want to play every week, but it is hard for me to commit to the time it takes to play those without significant stink-eye from my significant other
In my case - my wife is at work at that time this late in the week.

I really didn't play for about six-eight weeks or so, just started back up last week. Letting myself have distractions (other than actual disc golf) again is fun. lol.

Latest posts