• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

I really didn't play for about six-eight weeks or so, just started back up last week.

Will be interested to hear what you think of the gameplay given the updates and tweaks in that period. I was playing daily untill then, and I've really fallen out of love with it. I know I should suck it up and play through, but I really hate how arbitrary it's felt lately. The ground action and spitouts have really taken their toll. Hope you have a better experience.

Will be interested to hear what you think of the gameplay given the updates and tweaks in that period. I was playing daily untill then, and I've really fallen out of love with it. I know I should suck it up and play through, but I really hate how arbitrary it's felt lately. The ground action and spitouts have really taken their toll. Hope you have a better experience.

For me I've gotten used to the ground action quickly. The game seems to be freezing on me a lot more though. I've had my last two pro tours negated by frozen rounds. It's annoying that you don't get the XP and monies if one of your rounds is canceled for some reason.

I definitely felt and am still feeling a little bit of a re-learning curve. I definitely felt the frustration with some of the ground action yesterday at league, but I think that what I'm really seeing is that the angle of the disc on the ground matters a lot more. The amount of the bottom of the disc that contacts the ground has a huge impact on how much speed is taken off of the flight on the bounce (if there is one). For example: if I hit late in flight but only make contact with the tip of the rim the disc isn't losing any speed at all and if there's any significant wind (3-5) - the disc is going to take a significant jump.

I haven't had any real issues with spit outs. I've had a few, but they mostly seem to be, much like in real life, when you're rising on the chains.

One thing that frustrated me until I figured it out - you NEED to be sure to pull back on the putt. It doesn't seem consistent, but I definitely have moments where I only make a slight pull back and the putt seems to just drop into the ground. When I'm certain to pull back initially and wait on the graphics to float away - the putt is 100% reliable. But that took me a minute. Was very used to just making a little swoop with my finger and sending it.

The big difference I've noted is that there's been a change in the way that wind impacts shots under 50m. In an almost dead-straight HW I really need to pay attention to if it has a slight RL or LR slant to it. If its coming RL I need to aim low right, and I can give the disc less power. If its coming LR I need to aim low left and amp up the power a bit. That seems to fit with real life - the way the wind impacts the disc by coming up underneath it. So I like that change.

Overall I'm getting my grind in by focusing on playing these new AI tournaments and building up enough coin to expand my bag. I'll get the 5000 coin bag slot tonight.

The expanded bag has been fun. Right now my bag is mostly exactly what it was before, but I've added some stuff... Here's what I'm rocking at the moment:

L/EG Ballista
EG/Skip Ballista
Roll/Skip Ballista (new)
WB/EG Recoil
WB/Acc Musket
WB/EG River (new)
WB/Acc Anchor
WB/Acc Fuse

Not sure what I'm going to add with the next bag slot... Any suggestions from those who've been playing? Also haven't unlocked the putter pouches, so I'll be throwing a Sticky/Acc Pure or a EG/Acc Pure in there (or both eventually).

What's the word on the best discs in the new meta?

I've opened a new bag slot and have no idea what to do. Is there a fairway worth adding? XXX? Saint Pro? Should I add another Ballista? I've got the EG/Skip, the Skip/Roll, and the Light/EG....

Note I haven't found a BPro yet.

I'm running this bag these days...

Acc/Glide Pure in the putter slot
Acc/Wind Fuse in the mid slot
Main bag:
Acc/Wind River
Acc/Glide Saint Pro
Acc/Glide Musket
Glide/Wind Recoil
Glide Havoc (looking for Glide/Wind)
Turn/Roll Ballista Pro
Glide/Skip Ballista
Light/Glide Ballista (will replace with L/G BP if I ever get one)

I'm running this bag these days...

Acc/Glide Pure in the putter slot
Acc/Wind Fuse in the mid slot
Main bag:
Acc/Wind River
Acc/Glide Saint Pro
Acc/Glide Musket
Glide/Wind Recoil
Glide Havoc (looking for Glide/Wind)
Turn/Roll Ballista Pro
Glide/Skip Ballista
Light/Glide Ballista (will replace with L/G BP if I ever get one)

Acc/Sticky Pure in the putter slot
Acc/Wind Fuse
Acc/Sticky Anchor

Main bag:
Acc/Wind Explorer
Acc/Wind Musket
Glide/Wind Recoil
Glide/Wind Ballista
Glide/Skip Ballista
Light/Glide Ballista
Light/Glide Ballista Pro

I'm curious where you use the Havoc and where you would use the W/G Havoc. As someone who bags the W/G Recoil and Ballista, I can't think of a place it would help me. Keep an eye out in the pro shop. I picked up a W/G Havoc a week or two ago for 9000 or so but just haven't put it in the bag.

Also, my $0.02 on the L/G Ballista and L/G Ballista Pro is that there's room for both in the bag. I still use the original Ballista for the Lakeside albatross unless wind is unfavorable, and the island hopper also depends on wind. I am looking for the Glide/Skip Ballista Pro cuz I expect that would be the new open distance king.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm super curious about the Havoc as well.
I need to save up about 11k to round out a putter slot and then the other midrange slot. And then I'll start targeting 9K at a time waiting on the big stuff.

For now, since I haven't really got many of the new molds at all, I'm bagging the Acc XXX. I messed with a few molds last night and it was so much more reliable for dropping into the island on Kaho 8 that I figured for now I could afford to bag it just for that hole. It seems to go just the perfect distance, and its dump finish means it really never heads for the drink.

I need to save up about 11k to round out a putter slot and then the other midrange slot. And then I'll start targeting 9K at a time waiting on the big stuff.

For now, since I haven't really got many of the new molds at all, I'm bagging the Acc XXX. I messed with a few molds last night and it was so much more reliable for dropping into the island on Kaho 8 that I figured for now I could afford to bag it just for that hole. It seems to go just the perfect distance, and its dump finish means it really never heads for the drink.

The Acc/Wind Explorer RHFH is money for that Kaho island hole. It's part of the reason I haven't switched to the River.

Acc/Sticky Pure in the putter slot
Acc/Wind Fuse
Acc/Sticky Anchor

Main bag:
Acc/Wind Explorer
Acc/Wind Musket
Glide/Wind Recoil
Glide/Wind Ballista
Glide/Skip Ballista
Light/Glide Ballista
Light/Glide Ballista Pro

I'm curious where you use the Havoc and where you would use the W/G Havoc. As someone who bags the W/G Recoil and Ballista, I can't think of a place it would help me. Keep an eye out in the pro shop. I picked up a W/G Havoc a week or two ago for 9000 or so but just haven't put it in the bag.

Also, my $0.02 on the L/G Ballista and L/G Ballista Pro is that there's room for both in the bag. I still use the original Ballista for the Lakeside albatross unless wind is unfavorable, and the island hopper also depends on wind. I am looking for the Glide/Skip Ballista Pro cuz I expect that would be the new open distance king.

Havoc goes pretty straight with slight fade
Sunshine 5 unless there's a headwind
Kaho 3
A lot on Coyote (haven't played that course in a bit so I can't remember exactly which holes - second shot on two for sure)

Harrowing Woods 5 (it's money there)

I use the Saint Pro for that hole - can't remember the last time I missed it

Same here with the Explorer. I guess the point is just to have something with enough fade to end right (along the island's length) instead of finishing straight into the water.

I'd give the Saint Pro a try but don't thing I've seen a decent one yet. I'm on the lookout for an Acc/Wind Saint Pro or Acc/Wind Pioneer.

Havoc goes pretty straight with slight fade
Sunshine 5 unless there's a headwind
Kaho 3
A lot on Coyote (haven't played that course in a bit so I can't remember exactly which holes - second shot on two for sure)
Do you play to the bend on Coyote 2? I just go over the top, and then try to run it through the back of the cave going for the 2 with a Musket or a River. Can't remember the last time I missed the over the top strategy.

Do you play to the bend on Coyote 2? I just go over the top, and then try to run it through the back of the cave going for the 2 with a Musket or a River. Can't remember the last time I missed the over the top strategy.

With the over the top, I seem to only be successful 20-30% of the time. Light/Skip Ballista Pro on backhand anhyzer, starting my shot with a lean to the right firing over the tallest rock. What is your way?

With the over the top, I seem to only be successful 20-30% of the time. Light/Skip Ballista Pro on backhand anhyzer, starting my shot with a lean to the right firing over the tallest rock. What is your way?
I've attached 3 images. This is with the Light/Glide Ballista. RHBH.
1. The aim point for the reticle.
2. Where I reach back to.
3. The outcome when I released the shot I set up in the first two screenshots.

It always literally skips off the top middle or top far side of the rock wall.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2020-11-22 16-52-24.jpg
    Screenshot from 2020-11-22 16-52-24.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot from 2020-11-22 16-53-02.jpg
    Screenshot from 2020-11-22 16-53-02.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot from 2020-11-22 16-53-36.jpg
    Screenshot from 2020-11-22 16-53-36.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 44
I've attached 3 images. This is with the Light/Glide Ballista. RHBH.
1. The aim point for the reticle.
2. Where I reach back to.
3. The outcome when I released the shot I set up in the first two screenshots.

It always literally skips off the top middle or top far side of the rock wall.

I went and tried that line a few dozen times, and I'm still shorting it into the nook or bouncing off OB left at least 50%. Gotta have that extra glide. Unlike reality, the disc makes a huge difference when attacking certain spots in this game.

I went and tried that line a few dozen times, and I'm still shorting it into the nook or bouncing off OB left at least 50%. Gotta have that extra glide. Unlike reality, the disc makes a huge difference when attacking certain spots in this game.
Ah yeah, definitely agree there. I haven't really tried it with my other stuff. That L/EG is probably needed to pull it off for sure. I will say that learning that line I definitely got pretty good at throwing the roller out of the upper nook down to the cave mouth lol. It's such a small defined space that you can reliably aim high into the air to the same spot with a disc for the roller and put it down to the same spot.

I sort of go over the top (I think)
From like 250-270 out though, the Havoc flight path is perfect for running it - there's little risk because of the wall in back of the hole

I just started playing Kaho Backwoods on beta. It's pretty easy to hit three stars, but there's some interesting eagle lines that'll be fun to see play out on Daily Opens.

Ever since the newest update, tournament rounds dont log on the rating. What's up with that?

Latest posts