• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Valley

Having ice with little friction that discs slide around on: good.

Going all the way back to dry land after sliding 300 feet across ice and barely going OB: bad.
It is really bad. But it is also really good! I really like it as a risk-reward play in the game.

The ground play physics in the entire game ruffles my feathers. I threw a 500' roller on one hole on the new course. If you play much in the snow you'll understand this pretty much goes against the laws of physics.

It's a little frustrating that level-ups take more time now. For a while, it seemed that all the good discs would be available occasionally in the Pro Shop, but now I haven't seen any good ones for a while. (I.e. Ballista Pro)

I now consider myself lucky to have picked up a L/G Ballista Pro on a early level up after the update. I assumed the Glide/Skip and Wind/Glide Ballista Pro would show up at some point, either on level up or in the pro shop, but no dice. And now that it's 50 XP per round, it's noticeably slower. I'm glad I had all my decent discs before the XP system changed (other than that L/G Bpro). I guess there are some decent Havocs, but they don't add anything so I've never bag them.

Last edited:
The ground play physics in the entire game ruffles my feathers. I threw a 500' roller on one hole on the new course. If you play much in the snow you'll understand this pretty much goes against the laws of physics.

Rollers definitely go a lot less distance on that course

It's a little frustrating that level-ups take more time now. For a while, it seemed that all the good discs would be available occasionally in the Pro Shop, but now I haven't seen any good ones for a while. (I.e. Ballista Pro)

I now consider myself lucky to have picked up a L/G Ballista Pro on a early level up after the update. I assumed the Glide/Skip and Wind/Glide Ballista Pro would show up at some point, either on level up or in the pro shop, but no dice. And now that it's 50 XP per round, it's noticeably slower. I'm glad I had all my decent discs before the XP system changed (other than that L/G Bpro). I guess there are some decent Havocs, but they don't add anything so I've never bag them.

I couldn't disagree more about the Havoc
I've bagged one ever since I got one for three-starring Kaho Park

I couldn't disagree more about the Havoc
I've bagged one ever since I got one for three-starring Kaho Park

What's the benefit of that Havoc though? Where do you use that that you couldn't use a glide Ballista or even a glide Recoil?

I've definitely acquired some good Ballistas, just haven't seen the need to bag any of them with the Ballistas giving the better distance and while still using the W/G Recoil as more of a "control distance" disc.

Not sure what I've done wrong here, but I'm locked out of the game now.

I was experiencing too many crashes in BlueStacks with the latest beta, so I unjoined the beta and uninstalled DGV so I could download the public. But now I can't even search up the game in the play store. I'm taken to the beta installation page and can neither rejoin the beta nor download it. So I just have no DGV of any kind to play. Any ideas on what sort of recursive hell I've spun myself into here? LOL.

Well I don't like seeing this convo. I've been saving my coin to invest in a decent DD (a L/G BP would be nice...). But all that I see in the PS are rollers, maybe some extra fades... and a couple skip/rollers (why is that a thing?..) humbug.

Well I don't like seeing this convo. I've been saving my coin to invest in a decent DD (a L/G BP would be nice...). But all that I see in the PS are rollers, maybe some extra fades... and a couple skip/rollers (why is that a thing?..) humbug.

Turn/roll B-Pro is my roller disc
$$$$$$$

I still don't have a L/G Ballista Pro either!

L/G ballista pro is available in the shop now.

Of course the best disc finally gets in the shop the day I have to start over, because trying to leave the beta left my account unusable.

Starting over, I was able to get up to Owlwood pretty easily with the reward discs, though hitting -8 for the three star reward with a recoil is gonna be a grind for me.

If they don't come up with a better system for levelling, I'm probably just going to quit. No way I'm grinding this game for levels in its current state. It's ridiculous.

Going all the way back to dry land after sliding 300 feet across ice and barely going OB: bad.
But technically correct. If you played the course in summer, with no ice, the lie placement would be correct then, so it is correct in winter. :)

I saw that and I picked it up!!

Went immediately to the practice holes and tested it on every hole I could think of where I used the L/G Ballista

It will definitely be an improvement

I'm still adjusting. For a while I was bagging both it and the standard L/G Ballista. There are times where the OG's turn is nice, and also the fact that it doesn't go quite as far.

Latest posts