• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Prices Out of Control

So much this.

It amazes me on a daily basis how many players who throw 350 - 400 max copy guys with 550 foot of power.

When I started playing again in 2018 after a 25 year hiatus, first new disc I bought was a 14 speed Daedulus (sp?). Needless to say, it didn't work out like I thought. :)

Like many beginners, I of course thought 14 speed meant it ripped through the air, leaving sonic booms and scorched leaves in its wake.

Almost makes me wonder what a never thrown DD3 or P2 are worth these days.

e6a41084732df836b17b81f83bc58c30.jpg

ac504a7b8d639076e9f73c511eb62c60.jpg

If that's a $36 disc then my Firebird collection must be worth $500+ lol

I thought the people who had Firebird collections had all retired and purchased Caribbean islands by now.

I thought the people who had Firebird collections had all retired and purchased Caribbean islands by now.

Probs, guess I'm just crap at knowing when to sell.

Michigan manufacturers were shut down completely for months during the pandemic. People know this and still ask "but they just bought a few new molding machines, so why aren't things back to normal yet?"

It's not like they bought a single press a few weeks ago. We're talking 5+ machines, 9 months ago or more. They're set up and running, and have been for long enough that there's no reason that they aren't catching up running full capacity. Since we have heard absolutely zero from the big boy companies we can't assume that they aren't maxing their production, since they are basically printing themselves money. If even max capacity wasn't enough to catch up and keep up, why wouldn't they relay that information to the general public, and attempt to keep some goodwill amongst their customers? ie "Hang on just a bit, we're working as fast as we can to get you your [insert favorite disc here]!" Instead, crickets. Customers moving on to find products they can actually get in their hands.

Last edited:
It's not like they bought a single press a few weeks ago. We're talking 5+ machines, 9 months ago or more. They're set up and running, and have been for long enough that there's no reason that they aren't catching up running full capacity. Since we have heard absolutely zero from the big boy companies we can't assume that they aren't maxing their production, since they are basically printing themselves money. If even max capacity wasn't enough to catch up and keep up, why wouldn't they relay that information to the general public, and attempt to keep some goodwill amongst their customers? ie "Hang on just a bit, we're working as fast as we can to get you your [insert favorite disc here]!" Instead, crickets. Customers moving on to find products they can actually get in their hands.

Discraft is finally making some gains according to their wholesale people. Their demand has been running roughly triple what they can produce. They were a royal mess for a while but appear to have at least gotten things stabilized. They are now allowing vendors to increase their wholesale orders a bit (from 25 or 50 discs per cycle to 50-100). Innova had made gains a couple months ago but has fairly recently placed limits on wholesale orders which did not exist prior. All the smaller companies are basically in a mode where you better buy it right that minute if it comes available wholesale. Discmania and MVP both have sold thousands of discs that will not be in anyone's hands until likely September. We live in interesting times.

It does make you wonder, I think the exponential growth was unexpected and it came when the disc factories were shut down. MVP more than doubled their machines and production, I think they have pellets and a new factory.

Apparently they have a ton of new prototypes ready to release, like the hex that got delayed because the anticipated demand suddenly exceeded what they had produced so they chose to hold back until they could run more. In the latest dealer email, they are running *unlimited pre order for JC yellow/ blue envy's. In the last call email Monday they slipped it in that there it's their largest release with "record breaking" demand for them and it was more than they could have dreamed.

That one is a rarity because nobody throws anything but Sexton's at this point.

Duh

These are probably worthless then

Attachments

• 825E929E-28B5-42BA-AE04-9E875CAAE2DD.jpg
    825E929E-28B5-42BA-AE04-9E875CAAE2DD.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 128