• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc With Phone # On It. Do you...?

How hard do you pat yourself on the back after returning a disc with a number on it?

• You pat yourself on the back but because you found a new disc that is now yours!!

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • You don't pat yourself on the back and return it angrily.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Standard pat on the back and feel decent/pretty good about returning it.

Votes: 77 65.3%
  • Pat firmly after returning the disc! You feel great about giving it back!

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Give it back and show the world how amazing you are! Hospitalize yourself by patting so hard!!

Votes: 8 6.8%

• Total voters
Duh

Didn't respond to the poll because you don't return it because of how you feel, you do it because it's the right thing to do. And because -- as a disc golfer -- that's what you would want to happen to you....if you lost a disc.

Not saying that this was a stupid post, mind you, just saying that anyone who returns a disc with the sole hope(s) that they'll feel some sort of validation from (or should be entitled to a reward for) doing so is a straight-up narcissist and/or sociopath.

Last edited:
I believe in karma. I've found and called the owners of five discs; I've lost five discs and four were returned to me (and that fifth may still be diving at the bottom of the lake).

Yesterday was my first day finding a disc with a number. I was so excited to call the guy, thinking he was probably still on the course and I could get it back to him. Not surprisingly, he had no idea what course I had found it on and didn't remember losing a disc there. Nice guy though, he let me keep it.

In my area, I think fewer people are calling numbers (I lost two recently and never heard anything). I think it's due to more retailers buying found discs and hence more "disc-divers" and fewer fellow golfers making the find.

Latest posts