• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

At the $12.99 price point, I would wager some sort of P-line (Pro) plastic. Doubt they would let a S-line disc go for less than any of the C-line stuff is selling for.

probably a good point, on top of the fact that i doubt these are huge sellers.

if i was an even bigger noob than i am now, the words "lady line" on a disc would preclude me from purchasing them... or if those words were on most any product...

Or just throw your lady line disc past your buddy's driver and laugh at him.
Ha! Awesome.

I did see those pix and I agree that it looks very tacky and flexible. If I didn't know better, I'd almost say they look to be G-Sta... errrr, G-Line-ish. ;)

I posed the question in the Ask Discmania thread. We'll see what they say.

Just got a Lady Line FD in the mail for my lady and I'm tempted to keep it for myself! The plastic is awesome. Very gummy and flexible. Hard to believe that these are P-line plastic. Can't wait to get out and give it a few throws to see how it compares to the other FD runs.

Onemile is going to swipe that out of your bag when you aren't looking...

Did you get one if the heavier ones?

He might have a fight on his hands if he's trying to take it from the lady... ;)

Yeah, it's a 159. Might grab another one for myself depending on how it flies!

He might have a fight on his hands if he's trying to take it from the lady... ;)

Yeah, it's a 159. Might grab another one for myself depending on how it flies!

Yeah if it were just Um...'s it'd be one thing. I could take him. His lady though? She's fiesty.

I bet if I ask nice she'll let me toss it a couple times, though.

Still not completely sold on the gline fd,it has its momemts where i like it but i think the soft plastic is going to beat in faster than id prefer. We will see how it goes over the next few weeks or so.

Man, so happy to finally have some DFD's to play with. Was in a tough spot in the rough yesterday 250ish feet out and used one to get up and around some trees from an awkward stance and ended up just inches too low and hit the cage. Thinking these will replace the light diamonds nicely. I love the diamonds, but they're a bit too touchy sometimes where these DFD's seem like they can handle a bit more while still hitting similar lines.

G-Lines are here!

Will be interested to hear how these fly from the masses, but won't be picking any up for now. Too in love with my 3rd run C-lines.

EDIT: Looks like only max weights available right now.

Booter, have you tried one of the 3rd run C-FD's? They're the perfect FD IMO. Stability of a S-Line with a bit more of a predictable fade.

From the Discmania website:
It's the perfect combination of the the first runs that glide for days and the second runs that have been called "the big boy FD" because they fade hard at the end of the flight.

I am hopping on the 3rd run bandwagon, too. I used to have only 1st runs and sometimes they would turn too much. The 3rd run has just a little less turn and still doesn't have a massive fade. It does everything in beautiful slow motion :) Between the 3rd run and FR FD2 I have that FW slot nicely covered. Notch down is a beat S-CD (in terms of understability that is) and notch up are a slew of PDs.

I picked up a 166 C-line FD. This thing is much more stable than I was expecting. Perhaps a tick less stability than a teebird with almost as much fade at the end. I was looking for an understable fairway driver but this is stable-overstable. I can't get any turn on it thrown flat and hard. Into the wind or on an anhyzer it will turn a bit but always comes back at the end.

I'd love an understable fairway that's just a tad more stable than a River, without much fade. My Witness is way too flippy, the Gold Line River is a little too flippy.

I picked up a 166 C-line FD. This thing is much more stable than I was expecting. Perhaps a tick less stability than a teebird with almost as much fade at the end. I was looking for an understable fairway driver but this is stable-overstable. I can't get any turn on it thrown flat and hard. Into the wind or on an anhyzer it will turn a bit but always comes back at the end.

I'd love an understable fairway that's just a tad more stable than a River, without much fade. My Witness is way too flippy, the Gold Line River is a little too flippy.

What run did you get? Sounds like the flat second line

Latest posts