• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

Anyone going to be grabbing D line FD's from the store when it opens? I'm to grab a small stack around 170 and see if I can get one to cover my definitely needs to go right fairway slot.

Does anyone want to tell me how to disiguish between runs so I don't have to read this whole thread?

As for C-line FDs:

1st runs: Tend to be somewhat domey, and come in garden variety standard champion plastic that isn't particularly grippy, pearly, or transparent in the rim.

2nd runs: Quite flat, the flight plate is somewhat pearly, and most of the rims are very pearly. If you hold them up to a bright light, you can actually see small air bubbles in the rims, at least for the sub 170g weights. But the plastic is firm, not soft like most Blizzard plastic. They also have fairly high parting lines.

3rd run: Haven't seen one yet, but I hear they are glassy, and with a dome between the 1st and 2nd runs.

As for C-line FDs:

1st runs: Tend to be somewhat domey, and come in garden variety standard champion plastic that isn't particularly grippy, pearly, or transparent in the rim.

2nd runs: Quite flat, the flight plate is somewhat pearly, and most of the rims are very pearly. If you hold them up to a bright light, you can actually see small air bubbles in the rims, at least for the sub 170g weights. But the plastic is firm, not soft like most Blizzard plastic. They also have fairly high parting lines.

3rd run: Haven't seen one yet, but I hear they are glassy, and with a dome between the 1st and 2nd runs.

Thank you sir.

Just got my gstar fd ,finally,feels amazing and the dome is perfect. Not domey and not flat,soft but not as gummy as my gsyar krait,which is too gummy. Cant wait to rip this bad boy and hopefully its not instantly flippy.

Just got my gstar fd ,finally,feels amazing and the dome is perfect. Not domey and not flat,soft but not as gummy as my gsyar krait,which is too gummy. Cant wait to rip this bad boy and hopefully its not instantly flippy.

My G* FD is very flippy.

If any of you guys don't want your GStar FDs due to excessive flippiness, please PM me. I love GStar and flippiness. :thmbup:

If anyone is looking to keep the FD in the understable fairway slot but is too impatient to beat in an S-Line (me!), snag some D-Lines from the Discmania store. Had some gorgeous turnover shots with them today. With a bit more hyzer, they give nice s-turns with monstrous glide. Excellent addition to my bag.

So,i finally got the chance to throw the gstar fd,man...with the few throws i have with it already,im really digging the flight. I know other people have said these were flippy but mine isnt. I would throw it on flat shots and it would just lazer all the way hardly with any lss. Powered shots i could get it to turn easily but it would fight back ,never really turned or faded hard,it would just track roght then track left. I threw it on a forced anny about 350 and it held 70% of the way and then finally flattened out. I threw it in a huge tail wind and it just glided for days with slow left to right movement. Ive yet to throw it on a technical course to really see what it can do but i am impressed with it at the moment.

Ive thrown the flat c lines and i was a original tester for the s line fds and this gstar flies like neither of them. Not spin hungry like the s lines or power hungry like those c lines. I havent thrown any other clines or slines but this flies great,definitely reminds me of my old ce qjls that was slightly seasoned.

Just wanted to share this sweet S-FD I got from Pwingles:

The plastic on this one is nice and grippy, and there is a little bit of swirl to it. Some of the nicer Star I've felt. Dig the stamp, too. Major thanks to Pwingles for the hook up!

Also, if anyone has a 2nd run C-Line in the 165-168 range they'd be willing to come off of, please PM me. I just want to get one more backup if I can.

I used to live in nacogdoches.

It's always cool to see discs from events make their way around the country.

S-line FD is absolutely the best driver for beginners or noodle armers. Excellent glide, not very nose-angle sensitive or too stable..

S-line FD is absolutely the best driver for beginners or noodle armers. Excellent glide, not very nose-angle sensitive or too stable..

Yep. The lack of nose-angle sensitivity is huge for me. It's something I have always struggled with and why I can't really control much high speed stuff. As a result, I can usually get the FD out as far as my TDs. Makes me think about rolling with FDs as the fastest disc in my bag sometimes...

I currently bag s-lines and 2nd run c-lines for my FD purposes.

170 red champy beat s-line for straight/ turnover

175 s - orange fresh s-line straight baby fade or hyzer flip

Idk if I'm alone on this, but the one thing about this mold that I always have to remember/remind myself is to not over throw. I never use a full run up with either s-line. One step or stand still drives, very slow, and very smooth give me the best results out of this disc. EVERY time I try to muscle the s-line it becomes squirrelly and flips into the ground.

167 green 2nd run c-line dead straight with power/stable fade

175 orange 2nd run c-line High pitches/long slow hyzer.

now the 2nd run can handle a full run up/long reach back/ and snap with confidence. even in low weights the 2nd run can handle quite a bit of mustard.

I have 5 s-lines from 170-175, and 10 2nd runs stashed. the two C's have been in the bag for over a year and I haven't seen any noticeable change in their flights... looks like I'll be set for a while.

I also have two JL huklab 3rd runs, but I don't really have a need for anything else, so I still have yet to throw them.

Overthrowing S-FDs is exactly what made me drop them, I know it is user error but it kept gnawing at my trust for that disc. C-FDs (1st run) or beat S-CD or P-PD are now my weapons of choice for that straight shot and they tolerate overeager throws better.

Lady Line FDs are up at the Discmania store. Anyone know what plastic these are? Might snag one of these for my lady...

Lady Line FDs are up at the Discmania store. Anyone know what plastic these are? Might snag one of these for my lady...

The plastic description is maddeningly vague, right? You should buy one for your lady though, and if she doesn't like it, I am sure you know some dude who throws like a lady who might give it a shot. :p

Latest posts