• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

I know I'll get one. Rim kinda looks more like an Eagle X than a Leopard to me.

Eagle X + Anhyzer top...yeah baby!

There isnt a notch at the end of the wing so no, not an eagle x. Its understable/stable according to the link so a leo/jls is probably what its most likely gonna be

Its going to be amazing and fill in a slot that I can't wait to fill in!

If it performs like expected, I might take out TDs cause well...

There isnt a notch at the end of the wing so no, not an eagle x. Its understable/stable according to the link so a leo/jls is probably what its most likely gonna be

Can't believe I missed that. A man can dream...

The rim size is bigger than the leo and jls, so probably more like an EL or TL. Either way I'm all over it.

I need more coffee...

TD's will always have a place in my bag now since I replaced my Star Roadrunners with them. Sure these will be more stable and be more like a Leo. Looking forward to more Discmania goodness.

hmm...it sounds to me like DM is looking to make a disc similar to a River.

Sight unseen - I'm in for a test drive.

My first thought when I saw the dome lifting that wing off the table top.
Maybe a slightly more stable river style disc?

this is actually a good question. One could argue that innovas fairway drivers are the best category of discs it makes. Its got the gazelle, leopard, eagle, teebird, TL, EL, banshee, whippet, and firebird. Even the cheetah is good if you are a low power player (I think that after around 300'ish feet they get unpredictably flippy). Those molds all shine compared to other molds from other companies in its class. Most other molds are either clones or slight variations of these. basically they are a bunch of teeagles and leopard/TL mixes. So it will be interesting to see what discmania tries to bring to the table that innova hasn't.

Whoah whoah whoah, what kind of Cheetahs were you throwing? Last Cheetah I threw (New DX from a recent run) flew beautiful 400' S-curves. Cheetahs are pretty nice drivers that are underrated these days because of all the other good options out there.

cant wait ... i threw TD's for a bit before i discd down and loved them ... was getting some of my longest throws to date.. and im down to try anything in that speed 7ish range :thmbup:

The stamp's already been leaked:

537-2.jpg

I doubt these would replace tds in ur bag too trey. I tried replacing tds with a jls and it wasnt happenin. Only time will tell

Time will definitely tell good sir. You're probably right that they won't push the TD out of the bag, but I bet I'd pull the FD out a lot more in place of the TD :)

Dare I dream of a fairway driver that stays balls straight or at will, with adding power, does not "flip" but slowly turns predictably to the right, possibly straightening but not fading back. And takes a healthy dose of wind without freaking out. AND does this out of the box and stays the same unless driven over with a dumper truck.

And all this at my power level (~350). Mr Sandman, bring me a dream!

Hell, lets dream of a disc that hits the chains as soon as I pull it out of the bag. :hfive:

Whoah whoah whoah, what kind of Cheetahs were you throwing? Last Cheetah I threw (New DX from a recent run) flew beautiful 400' S-curves. Cheetahs are pretty nice drivers that are underrated these days because of all the other good options out there.

pretty beat DX ones I guess. I've never tried a premium plastic one

There is already a Leo in different kind of plastics. I wish that eventually Jackal turns out to be something like a Gazelle, but in premium plastics!

We were talking about this months ago on DGR and knew it was a matter of time before Discmania made an FD. I even posted on Discmania's Facebook and told everyone they're making one (as a joke), they responded with "where did you hear this".....or something like that.

Anyway, I'm stoked for this and I'm hoping it is something like a Gazelle. I'd like to see a premium version of this disc type. Not domey like the Star Gazelles at the IFS. I'd love to throw a star version that is more workable than a champ or star Teebird. If it is anything of this nature, then it'll be a fixture in my bag. As a lot of you know, DX Gazelles lose stability way too fast and can become unpredictable in the middle of a round. Maybe a Teebird bottom and the anhyzer top?

Seems very close to a QJLS by measurements. Just like pd and olf are very close.

QJLS 176.0 21.2 1.8 1.1 18.0 1.6 5.2 30.75 9.19
fdja 176.0 21.2 1.8 1.1 17.5 1.6 34.75 9.53

Orion LF 175.1 21.1 1.5 1.2 17.4 1.9 5.7 27.25 10.32
PD - 175.1 21.1 1.7 1.2 17.3 1.9 5.7 28.25 11.11

Seems like mischeif to me.

Latest posts